Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Mission Style Doors and Windows

by chrissy6930 Posted 1st Apr 2007 at 8:15 PM - Updated 15th Mar 2009 at 11:55 AM by chrissy6930

34 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 31 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 1st Apr 2007 at 8:27 PM
Could you perhaps made a collection file, and a file including the meshes and the recolours? It would be much better and easier to download.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 1st Apr 2007 at 8:43 PM
Absolutely beautiful! Thank you so much!
Knitting fiend
retired moderator
#4 Old 1st Apr 2007 at 9:14 PM
Gorgeous! I am positively jumping with joy that you're uploading here!!!

"Evil genius is still genius." Asura NPC GW2
Field Researcher
#5 Old 2nd Apr 2007 at 1:11 AM
These are absolutely fantastic and I'm so glad you uploaded them here!

More of my work can be found @
Sims2Artists.
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#6 Old 2nd Apr 2007 at 12:11 PM
Yeah all files in one or groups maybe - would be very convinient to download.

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Test Subject
#7 Old 2nd Apr 2007 at 8:10 PM
Yes, I agree! It takes forever to download all those separate files, especially when half the time you get the dreaded "Service Temporarily Unavaiable" message. I'll check back later, as I would really like to download these - they look wonderful!

Melly_Sim
Test Subject
#8 Old 2nd Apr 2007 at 8:17 PM
Thank you for this set, it's very beautiful. I agree though, all files in one or grouped would be great. And a collection file would be awsome but only cos I'm lazy and don't want to do it myself. Either way, great work!
Field Researcher
#9 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 7:32 AM
Excellent work
Oh, Wow - also add OMG! Not only is this a terrific looking style!
You added a complete set including `The privacy window.
Incredible work – Applause!
Thank you so much chrissy6930

*´)
..·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´Platinum*¨)¸;*
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 6:48 PM
This was one of the rare cases i decided to use Q-xpress...it really saved me some time. Then i searched for where it put the files so i could move them into my appropriate download folder.

However, a collection file would be very much appreciated!

Also, these are beautiful - i love the mission style.

Well I never claimed to understand what happens after dark
But my fingers catch the sparks at the thought of touching you...
Test Subject
#11 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 7:09 PM
I love these! They've inspired me to make a house to go with them. I really like the way you made every size window, great for using in a large estate. OK, I'm off to start building!

~ Sue ~

My Site: http://www.ts2creations.com - Free Sims2 Downloads since December 2005
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#12 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 6:01 PM
I have all window;s trims flashing blue - anyone else?

Lab Assistant
#13 Old 7th Apr 2007 at 1:48 AM
Trims in my base game are blue only with 2 windows and only on diagonal
Test Subject
#14 Old 7th Apr 2007 at 2:54 PM
chrissy6930, do you have any plans to create a matching fence/gate set for the OFB Mission suite?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 7th Apr 2007 at 3:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Weaver
chrissy6930, do you have any plans to create a matching fence/gate set for the OFB Mission suite?

Now I do! I've just added both of them to my list ! :D
thanks for the idea Weaver!

More build mode, plants, lights and pet stuff by me can be found at
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#16 Old 7th Apr 2007 at 6:48 PM
chrissy6930's Troubleshooting:
Hope it will help
I was very sorry when deleted bad (as I considered) looking files

MTS2 Hot Pepper
#17 Old 7th Apr 2007 at 9:13 PM
To fix that delete the thumbs in MyDocs\...\EA Games\The Sims 2\Thumbnails
==========
deleted all

Then remove the files causing the probs from your downloads folder. Open your game to force it loading without them. Exit your game. Add back the respective files to your downloads folder. When opening your game again they should now show up properly.
=============================
I had removed this set - then launched game. (just entered default neighbourhood, no house loaded)
Exited the game.
Moved back these windows and doors

Still have blue (seems like wallmasks are not correct)
BTW Why cannot I choose a lgtwood recolor with the design tool?

Any help?

Field Researcher
#18 Old 7th Apr 2007 at 10:50 PM Last edited by flamingo57 : 7th Apr 2007 at 11:12 PM.
These are beautiful & I know I will use them a lot! I also just wanted to thank you for separating the files & labeling everything so well!

I went into game after installing out of this file...so far no problems; I just got the meshes & white recolors & all are showing up fine for me. Thanks again!

You can find some of my older houses HERE
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 8th Apr 2007 at 8:25 AM
Ailias, do you have the master mesh installed at all?

More build mode, plants, lights and pet stuff by me can be found at
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#20 Old 8th Apr 2007 at 1:16 PM
Oh It seems I missed that nevertheless. (FlashGet sees first 4 files like first time)
Thats why you should pack them all in one zip :D

Lab Assistant
#21 Old 12th Apr 2007 at 1:30 AM
I love these styles, I'm getting back into a more tradtionalhomelook instead modernmodern all the time, and these are fantastic! thanks alot for sharing.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 23rd Apr 2007 at 4:46 PM
Wow. I just want to say, what a huge undertaking. I've recently tried to learn to make windows myself and I can't even imagine trying to make a set this large (considering all 3 threads). Its truly amazing, some very nice work here, I can't wait to use it.

That said, it took me more than an hour to get it all, between delays to get the download window and "page not found" errors - I undoubtedly missed a few, because of the delays. It honestly would have been awesome to have them all in one file set. You'd probably get a lot more DL's as it is daunting to even think about taking that much time.

While I appreciate your "fix" to use q-xpress, for me that is not a very practical option. I have no desire to get a program I neither want nor need in order to get one set.
Test Subject
#23 Old 22nd Jun 2007 at 4:35 AM
Thank you so much Chrissy. These are really lovely and I can't wait to try them out.
Test Subject
#24 Old 9th Aug 2007 at 6:43 PM
Thanks for these. Just what I was looking for. I really appreciate the time that must have went into creating these. I have just one suggestion: maybe you could make a rar for download that contains all the files. I think I got them all, but I won't know for sure until I install them in the my game and discover something missing. A collection file would be wonderful, too, since I'm one of those people who download a collection and then can't remember everything that went with it...sorry, that's two suggestions. In any case, thank you again. I love them and I'm heading over to download the double door and windows.

Got my riverstompers, so I'm good to go.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 9th Dec 2007 at 4:36 AM
There is a very helpful program at DJS Sims by jfade called the Sims 2 Collection Creator. It allows you to put together files from your downloads folder (and sub-folders) into a collection file. It is very easy to use, and you can even add batch files (i.e., a sub-folder called "Chrissy's Wonderful Doors and Windows" can be placed in the downloads folder with everything you want in the collection file in it. Then, from the Collection Creator, there is a button to push to add all files in a specific folder. Select the folder you want, and voila!).

The program can be found here:

http://www.djssims.com/index.php?category=21

It is the fourth one down on the page.

Just thought others would like to know about this very helpful program.

centime
Page 1 of 2