Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Backdoor Lane 29d -- City Starter

by plasticbox Posted 14th Apr 2007 at 4:41 PM - Updated 21st Sep 2008 at 9:15 PM by plasticbox

14 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 12 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 15th Apr 2007 at 12:28 PM
This is awesome!!! Looks like the house I used to live in, I'm deffinately downloading this. Is it ok to use this in stories cos I might eventually use it for that if it's ok.

Great work though!!! Love it!!

SJ xx
Instructor
#3 Old 15th Apr 2007 at 6:29 PM
This is awsome! Thank yous :] I
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Apr 2007 at 10:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sarahjane1234
Is it ok to use this in stories

Yes, of course!

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#5 Old 16th Apr 2007 at 3:34 PM
I <3 all your house and I have them ALL installed, thanks.
Test Subject
#6 Old 16th Apr 2007 at 4:17 PM
Just wanted to say I have two full neighborhoods devoted to your lots; they look good with the Dinky terrains. Keep up the great work!
Field Researcher
#7 Old 16th Apr 2007 at 9:27 PM
I love the city looking houses Thanks!!!!!!!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 8th May 2007 at 4:03 AM
I love all the stuff you build...thanks!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 20th May 2007 at 3:12 PM
Hi, I really adore your houses, they're really lovely. I only have a brief question; how do you rotate the driveways? I have attempted to do this and failed in so many ways... If you would get back to me on this I'd be very grateful. Thank you.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 20th May 2007 at 4:50 PM
There is a thread in the Build Mode forum about sideways/backwards garages, that's exactly the same principle. In short:

1. enter cheat: moveobjects on
2. remove sidewalk across the street
3. place driveway (see below)
4. put back sidewalk
5. enter cheat: moveobjects off

If and how the driveway will rotate depends on the orientation of the lot; that is determined when you place it first and can't be changed later on. You can easily see the orientation by looking at the sun: if it comes from back left (like in this lot) or front right, driveways will be sideways.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Part-time Hermit
#11 Old 20th May 2007 at 6:38 PM
I've noticed that otherwise the carpools on these 1-tile wide lots seem to be working fine, but there might be a problem with the limo that shows up for weddings, maybe because it's so long it fills the whole street in the front of the house. I don't know for sure yet if it's an actual problem with these lots or just a coincidence because I've only had one wedding limo show up at these lots so far, but what happened in my game was that the limo showed up and the sims got into it, and then out, but the limo never left the lot. I removed it with the moveobjects cheat, though, so it was easily fixed.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 21st May 2007 at 1:13 AM
Thanks for the info IB! I never thought about the wedding limo. I was very, very reluctant at first to use 1-tile wide lots let alone upload any .. but after I saw so many other mini lot uploads I thought it'll sort itself out. I've been having carpool issues before on small lots with curb parking (which also blocks tiles), like when a schoolbus arrived at the same time as someone returning from work, cars would stop outside the lot and sims being teleported to the mailbox and such .. but the only times I had to exit without saving was when I had deliberately blocked *all* slots just to see what happens. Which might be equivalent to a limo needing two spaces when there is only one .. perhaps there was something close to logical thinking behind the Maxian 2-tile minimum?

On the other hand, school buses work fine on mini lots and if I recall correctly the limo isn't longer than those is it? I haven't had a wedding party in ages ...

Test Subject
#13 Old 13th Jul 2007 at 8:55 PM
Another great house, I really love your work, cheers!
Test Subject
#14 Old 24th Jul 2007 at 8:03 PM
Great house plasticbox. I never have wedding partys or have my teens sneek out at night so the limo thing wont be an issue. Although I think the limo might be one of the carpools... I'll just have to wait and see

Don't mess with Saget
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 12:41 AM
thank you