Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Telephones to match the Maxis kitchen appliances

by mizmugs Posted 15th May 2007 at 2:16 PM - Updated 19th Mar 2009 at 3:48 PM by -Maylin-

31 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 24 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 20th May 2007 at 12:49 AM
Usually I'm not attracted to Maxis recolors, but this kinda just drew me in. Weird. I've always wanted phone recolors, deep inside my heart, I guess.

Today is yesterday's tomorrow. Or is that Wednesday...
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 20th May 2007 at 11:55 AM
I'd never have thought of telephone recolors... That boring old phone looks interesting now.

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Test Subject
#4 Old 21st May 2007 at 5:45 AM
these made me drool a little bit...cuz i like when things match...*awkward silence*

*runs away*
Test Subject
#5 Old 21st May 2007 at 6:35 AM
Wow. These are like, really cool. I used to hate that phone... now I love it! :lovestruc Supper, supper job. :D

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It's a waste of your time and really annoys the pig.
#6 Old 21st May 2007 at 8:33 AM
If I begged enough would you recolour the desk phone too?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st May 2007 at 11:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HomestarRunner20X6
If I begged enough would you recolour the desk phone too?

Done. The recolors work on both phones.
Of course you probably know that by now if you put these in your game. :D
#8 Old 21st May 2007 at 1:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mizmugs
Done. The recolors work on both phones.
Of course you probably know that by now if you put these in your game. :D

Ah, of course. I should have realized. I recoloured a sofa, and the recolour worked for the couch and the loveseat.

Where's my head at?

Thanks again.

Maybe instead you can do the phone that comes with Pets
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 21st May 2007 at 3:29 PM
Ah, of course. I should have realized. I recoloured a sofa, and the recolour worked for the couch and the loveseat.

Where's my head at?

Thanks again.

Would, but I only have the base game installed on this computer and my other computer is being fixed. Sorry
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 12:38 PM
thank you very much!

I'm gonna sing the doom song!! Doom, doom, doom, doom, doom, doom, doom...
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 20th Jun 2007 at 3:22 PM
Love 'em.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 12:13 PM

Where's my head at?

Thanks again.

I'm pretty sure you can use these recolors in the expansion packs. I think they will take on the properties of whatever EP you have installed. They work in Uni.
Test Subject
#13 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 10:00 PM
Oh my goodness. Thank you so much. I was so tired of seeing that Maxis phone that rarely matches anything. >.<

"...and I'm learning that the further that I crawl, the farther that I fall. Is that okay?"
--SoCo
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 13th Dec 2007 at 7:41 PM
thanks man, i spend time on that thing!

He who laughs last, does not get it
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 21st Mar 2008 at 2:19 PM
OMG!!! Real colors! You mean I'll actually be able to find my phones now?!? Thanks so much. There are only so many times you can curse that bland default phone and I passed my limit ages ago! To heck with matching. I just want a phone that stands out so I can find it. LOL
Test Subject
#16 Old 2nd Aug 2008 at 3:22 PM
The hansets wont change for me!?
Test Subject
#17 Old 2nd Aug 2008 at 3:22 PM
The handsets wont change for me!?
Test Subject
#18 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dinkytink
OMG!!! Real colors! You mean I'll actually be able to find my phones now?!? Thanks so much. There are only so many times you can curse that bland default phone and I passed my limit ages ago! To heck with matching. I just want a phone that stands out so I can find it. LOL

I always have the same exact problem, so these are a welcomed change.
Test Subject
#19 Old 30th Sep 2008 at 11:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plasmaxgirl
The handsets wont change for me!?

In order to change the handsets, you must click on the handset seperately. First choose the phone, then go to buy mode and click on the handset, you should be able to change it. Hope it works.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 23rd Feb 2009 at 2:20 AM
I like these and I always have to find them on line everytime I have to reinstall the game, which is often with VISTA
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 23rd Feb 2009 at 9:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by budiew
I like these and I always have to find them on line everytime I have to reinstall the game, which is often with VISTA

Have not heard good things about VISTA. Glad you like the phones. I got tired of looking at the same one, that's why I did these. :D
Mad Poster
#22 Old 1st Mar 2009 at 8:46 AM
Fantastic idea ! Thanks
Test Subject
#23 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 6:43 AM
Default Headsets have no colors
Theres no mesh for the headsets. Is it possible to have these uploaded? I love the phone base colors, but I would love to have the colors for the headsets too.

Thanks, Tiggs

To Sim Or Not To Sim
TiggerMD
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 17th Apr 2009 at 12:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TiggerMD
Theres no mesh for the headsets. Is it possible to have these uploaded? I love the phone base colors, but I would love to have the colors for the headsets too.

Thanks, Tiggs

These are recolors of the Maxis telephone. No meshes are needed. If you have any game loaded before Bon Voyage, the hand set has to be changed separately. Buy the phone, put it in the game. Go to live mode. The phone is there, but the handset is the wrong color. Go back into buy or build mode and click on the handset only. It will offer the color changes to you. Click on the color of your choice. This should work for you. :D
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 20th Nov 2009 at 12:44 AM
I love the black set, thanks
Page 1 of 2