Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Terrain Mod: Victorian Cobble Streets for Grass Neighbourhoods

by Stev84 Posted 25th Jul 2007 at 2:19 PM

38 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 33 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Instructor
#2 Old 25th Jul 2007 at 2:35 PM
What a neat Idea! Thanks!
Knitting fiend
retired moderator
#3 Old 25th Jul 2007 at 3:03 PM
Oh, wow! I agree it's an excellent idea. Thank you!

"Evil genius is still genius." Asura NPC GW2
Test Subject
#4 Old 25th Jul 2007 at 3:39 PM Last edited by Canoodle : 27th Jul 2007 at 3:27 AM. Reason: is a thanks post
Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing, Stev!

:lovestruc

*waves*
Neph
Mad Poster
#5 Old 25th Jul 2007 at 3:42 PM
It looks beautiful! Thank you for sharing.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 25th Jul 2007 at 3:54 PM
I think I love you, no...I know I love you :lovestruc

Thank you soooo much, putting these in my folder as we speak :D
Mad Poster
#7 Old 25th Jul 2007 at 5:57 PM
Nice and useful idea for XiXth century nbhoods Thank you Stev

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Test Subject
#8 Old 25th Jul 2007 at 5:58 PM
Can you make a concrete replacment because I already have a Dirt replacment
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 25th Jul 2007 at 9:54 PM
YAY since I dont play in a dirt neighborhood I could now use this without worrying bout changing every grass neighborhood in my game.

I agree with Tommynator, maybe the dirt road one or something could replace ones rarely used instead of the grass.

Very nice!
Mad Poster
#10 Old 25th Jul 2007 at 10:34 PM
love it!! Merci!

"When life gives you lemons, see the lemons, feels the lemons, BE THE LEMONS!"

Take a look-see, hmm...? Go on, click them:
The Super Mario Project, Nintendorks Island-Celebrating 2 Years Online!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 11:44 AM Last edited by Canoodle : 27th Jul 2007 at 3:27 AM. Reason: is a thanks post
The screenshots look awesome!!!
I love playing with my ‘pioneer’ sims and I always use your county roads. Seeing this cobble streets I just know my next sims will be victorians.
I love u :lovestruc Thanks for sharing!!!
Forum Resident
#12 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 2:52 PM
Thanks for the excellent idea! It's nice to have this option for my game!
hexameter
Field Researcher
#13 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 3:45 PM
Oh wow that's really great! Even if I don't have a victorian neighborhood I still would love to use this. <333 Awsome.

~* Midsummer's Night Dream *~
One will turn, one will fight, the other will die
A new Action/Adventure,Mystery,SciFi/Fantasy story on my Simpage.
Username-- KaikouChick013
Look me up! ^^
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 2:06 AM
Very nice!

BTW:
Quote:
2. Seasons:
The streets are not snow-covered during winter in the neighbourhood. (But they are snow-covered when you play on a lot. It’s only a neighbourhood problem).

The neighborhood roads doesn't have snow on them during the winter anyways.

One of my neighborhoods has winter all "year" long and there's only been snow on the grass area of the neighborhood, never the roads.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 29th Jul 2007 at 1:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by scarletqueenkat
Very nice!

BTW:

The neighborhood roads doesn't have snow on them during the winter anyways.

One of my neighborhoods has winter all "year" long and there's only been snow on the grass area of the neighborhood, never the roads.

I know. But in my opinion it is much more obvious with my mod, than with the original roads. Therefore I mentioned it.

Visite my websit SimClan 84 for more Sims1 and Sims2 downloads and photo storys.
Test Subject
#16 Old 29th Jul 2007 at 3:13 AM
For some reason, my computer won't let me extract the file.
It's a great idea and I'm sure I would have loved it
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 29th Jul 2007 at 5:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Stev84
I know. But in my opinion it is much more obvious with my mod, than with the original roads. Therefore I mentioned it.

Looks the same to me
Test Subject
#18 Old 30th Jul 2007 at 1:16 AM
I have a question, I play on a mac and rars don't work is there and way you can make it a package file and put it in a zip?? I would really like to try these roads out in my game.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 30th Jul 2007 at 6:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gurlofmyth2
I have a question, I play on a mac and rars don't work is there and way you can make it a package file and put it in a zip?? I would really like to try these roads out in my game.

Hi! .rar-files work on a mac, too. But you will need a plugin. Google for "rar+mac" and you will get plenty of results.

Visite my websit SimClan 84 for more Sims1 and Sims2 downloads and photo storys.
Test Subject
#20 Old 31st Jul 2007 at 2:26 AM
Thanx Lol I Feel Like Such A Tard I Had Know Idea That Was All I Needed.
Test Subject
#21 Old 15th Aug 2007 at 7:53 AM
Thanks! Just what I needed. The dirt replacement is such a good idea. Now I don't have to change the other 'hoods as well.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 29th Aug 2007 at 4:53 AM
Thanks! This is wonderful, but I have a question. I have already made a victorian neighborhood. If I use a cheat to switch to the desert terrain using a cheat, having the desert replacement installed, with the terrain switch to the victorian roads? I was wondering this because I tried this, but I was apparently installing it improperly or something because it switch to the desert terrain. Thanks!
Test Subject
#23 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 10:08 PM
Thanks-- this is great!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 13th Sep 2007 at 7:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by budwinys
Thanks! This is wonderful, but I have a question. I have already made a victorian neighborhood. If I use a cheat to switch to the desert terrain using a cheat, having the desert replacement installed, with the terrain switch to the victorian roads? I was wondering this because I tried this, but I was apparently installing it improperly or something because it switch to the desert terrain. Thanks!

Ehm...where is no desert-replacement for the victorian roads. There is a grass version, that replaces the normal green grass (only the street textures ther) and a dirt replacement (the greenish brown grass from Nightlife).
By the way, using the cheat, that changes the terain, doesn't change the street texture itself. So using this cheat, you cannot chang the roads.

Test Subject
#25 Old 15th Oct 2007 at 1:47 AM
where can i find the matching tiles you made to go with this mod? (one's to place outside lots)
Page 1 of 2