Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Moi's Terrain Water Mod Series (1 & 2) (All Game versions compatible)

by niol Posted 28th Jul 2007 at 6:32 AM - Updated 12th Jul 2009 at 5:14 AM by niol

49 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 43 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 6:32 AM Last edited by niol : 4th Aug 2007 at 5:43 AM.
S2. Moi_matShad_Terrain_Water_Wavy002

This is a series I transplanted, renamed and altered some of the functions, parameters and values into the terrain shader for modding the terrain water.

This series has no pool reflection and it's made solely for users whose video cards don't support pool reflection or users who just want only wavy pond surfaces...

The water colour is somewhat altered to be darker in this series. But for those who want the original pool water colour, suggest it with some applicable usages.

Copyright and Installation is the same as Series 1.
Compatibility is the same as part "1." of Series 1 Compatibility.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Moi_matShad_Terrain_Water_Wavy002.rar (16.9 KB, 218 downloads)
Mad Poster
#3 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 6:44 AM
Thank you niol to share this change on the ponds look

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Test Subject
#4 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 6:48 AM
This is amazing! Thank you for sharing your creativity here This is a very nice addition to our games.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 8:33 AM
Stupid question but...does this mean that my sims can now swim in lakes? If not, it's still very cool. Thanks for the upload!

Biggest wishes for TS3:
Wider variety of harvestables and crops from TS1 & TS2 returning to the game
Wider variety of foods
More gems/metals/rocks/ore
Scholar
#6 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 10:01 AM
It will bring more variety in landscaping ! Thank you Niol !

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
Field Researcher
#7 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 10:44 AM
Does this change the look of ALL of the ponds in my game, or can I specify that it will affect only certain areas?
Field Researcher
#8 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 11:11 AM
I don't really understand this.

I have Seasons and my pool-water has reflections - do my ponds also get reflections if I install this or what does this mean?
Instructor
#9 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 3:56 PM
Thanks Niol!
Scholar
#10 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 4:13 PM
Thank you Niol! I would also like to know if simmies can swim in this :lovestruc
xo

Rhondalatte's Custom CAS screens: http://blackpearlsims.com/ (formerly known as Reflex forum)

DeesElegantDecor - Beautiful furnishings:
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/DeesElegantDecor/
Forum Resident
#11 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 4:13 PM
This was a fabulous idea, but I guess it doesnt work in my game

Field Researcher
#12 Old 29th Jul 2007 at 12:37 AM
I don't get it either....unless it means they can swim in it?? Are the fishies in the pic decoration? I normally don't see them under the water only bubbles....(the reason I ask is I heard you should see them and some graphics cards don't cooperate...)

Mene Sakkhet Urseveh
Live Long, and Prosper
Test Subject
#13 Old 29th Jul 2007 at 1:19 AM
i dont get it ethere in my game unless im that stupid but mine looks like that also
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#14 Old 29th Jul 2007 at 9:32 AM Last edited by niol : 29th Jul 2007 at 9:50 AM.
1. Lol, this mod is to make the terrain water surface wavy like the swim-pool but not to make it swimmable. For the latter, may read the updated infos above... sorry for my lateness to give out.

2. My video card is not the latest high-end video card, so I've no pool mirror reflection in my game, so I can't know what it's like for EP5 users with latest high-end video cards. So, feedbacks on that possibility is highly welcome. Thanks in advance If you're EP5 or EP-higher users with latest high-end video cards and the mod doesn't work well, may wait for the next addition to this series which should work for most users as many as EP3 swim-pool for most users.

3. This is a global mod, so all terrain ponds will get the same changes.

4. As for the fish:
4a. If a video card does not support VS1.1 or simply the fish rendering, no fish.
4b. If the pond is not deep enough, no fish.
4c. If interfering mods exist, fish can be graphically silented or routinely disabled.
4d. If the pond water gets too opaque or dark, fish can be graphically covered.

Thanks for your feedbacks
Field Researcher
#15 Old 29th Jul 2007 at 5:46 PM
I have tested it with EP5 and all graphic options on highest level with a really good video card.

Unfortunately this mod doesn't make the ponds have reflections.

This is what it looks like with high graphic options:
Screenshots
Test Subject
#16 Old 29th Jul 2007 at 7:46 PM Last edited by starman4016 : 29th Jul 2007 at 10:24 PM.
First I would like to say thank you so much for this mod! Its my new favorite! Second, I tested in game and when a pool is present on a lot reflections are enabled. I took a picture so you could see.

*Edit*

It seems sometimes the reflections "catch" on the water and stay there. After zooming the camera in and out the "catching" reflections seem to disappear. This could be related to my graphics card though.

*Edit For Picture*

This is what I'm talking about with the "catching" reflections. Otherwise everything is great!

*Yet Again Edit*

After several hours of testing I noticed that when I increase the size to an average sized pool the "catching" stops. I think this has something to do with the pond being smaller then the pool? Hopefully this will be my last edit lol
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#17 Old 30th Jul 2007 at 5:09 AM
rubytuesday, maskeysims, shalee699,

Sorry, I was too busy that I could only give out general responses yesterday.
1. Can you report the video card specs, so I can warn other users of such precaution.? please, thanks in advance
2. Have you installed gunmod's pool shader mod included in Chocolate Pi 's Gunmod's Radiance Light System 2.2 BETA RC1 http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=133383 ?
3. It can also be the result of video-card-shader conflicts. Please report game version run. Thank you again...

But, I'm definitely appreciated for your feedbacks... Thanks with a "typed" basket of fruit".

RealGanacampo,

Thanks with a verbal "smile" for showing me the mod used for a terrain water pond without swim-pool... So, I can compare it with the latter post.

starman4016,

:jumping: Now, I'm stunned by the pix...! Something I estimated that may be a case to happen to EP5 users with a compatible video card for pool reflection when the mod is used with swim-pool built around the pond :D... But, according to your description, it's not running smoothly as the swim-pool... (Hopefully, some works can solve it?) I'd been waiting for >3 months for an answer...

Thus, it seems the mod is great for photo-shooting at least ...

Thank you very much with a virtual cup of tea of your likes...

All,
there'll be variations on colouration and probably transparency and more.
Test Subject
#18 Old 30th Jul 2007 at 6:01 AM
After monkeying around I figured out how to trick the game into not making the reflections "catch"

It seems that if you put 4 small pool blocks on the furthest side of the lot and don't allow the pond water to pass the 4 blocks. It then tricks the game into thinking the pond is part of the pool, thus the elimination of "catching" reflections. Here is a picture to illustrate what I mean.

P.S. Thanks for the tea, I really enjoyed it! *gives tea and a cookie to Niol for all his amazing work*
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#19 Old 31st Jul 2007 at 6:48 AM Last edited by niol : 31st Jul 2007 at 6:54 AM.
starman4016,

Oh thanks for your further reporting :dances for you:, so the swim-pool reflection is like the caustics animation, the activating codes are called when a pool product is on screen...
I'll see if I can I get yet another recolour-mod done for this cause...

But one may try Numenor(MTS2)_SphereMatte_Moi_sphere_023-CausticsGeneratorMaterial.rar and probably with
Numenor(MTS2)_SphereMatte_Moi_stand_GS-nil.rar
along with their meshes
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=36604
to see this recolour-mod can do the same job as the swim-pool blocks...

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=179725

All,
Recolour-mods are basically graphical mods with graphical codes altering how the game presents the graphics. They may need a host such as a meshful object as in the case of Matte Sphere which I used as the host for my first recolour-mod. The effect is due to the recolour but not the object itself so that it's not an object mod. The influencing boundary will be on the screen boundary. So, use such recolour-mod(s) in this case the same way to use swim-pool blocks...
Test Subject
#20 Old 31st Jul 2007 at 10:01 PM
Hey Niol, I tested the recolor mod that you suggested. Sadly it didn't work =[. I will continue to test and hopefully try and figure out an alternative method instead of the using the pool blocks. I will continue posting further results if I find some.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#21 Old 1st Aug 2007 at 5:48 AM Last edited by niol : 2nd Aug 2007 at 3:59 AM.
starman4016,

Lol, there's a very high possibility that the graphical activating codes is only associated with the pool tool and/or its corresponding shader where I borrow the material from... So, "if" (not "unless") you feel like to join me to fool around the shader codes... , then pm me... ( Sorry I rushed too fast, I used a wrong word to express my thinking duh...)

Also, are you gonna try to make extra pool tools for trials... esp... the a diagonal version of the curved product? I only found its mesh ....
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 1st Aug 2007 at 7:46 PM
Omg this is the best mod I have gotten. My pond is so beautiful. The reflection is awesome.... It is running great on all my lots )))

Thank You so very much !!!!
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#23 Old 5th Aug 2007 at 10:16 PM
Niol this is absolutely beautiful!! Thank you SO much!

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#24 Old 6th Aug 2007 at 6:16 AM
Test Subject
#25 Old 8th Sep 2007 at 7:21 PM
Will this change the ocean water in BV? I had one of your water mods in a couple of days ago, and I I had to remove it because while my ponds were GORGEOUS, my ocean water looked awful. It could have been the neighborhood water mod. I will check myself and report back.
Page 1 of 2