Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Old movie poster SUPERPACK! 48 posters of the 70s' and 80s' flicks!

by Ozuttly Posted 16th Sep 2007 at 2:19 AM - Updated 1st Oct 2007 at 1:08 AM by tiggerypum

17 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 16 Feedback Posts
Test Subject
#2 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 8:25 PM
these are great I really wish someone would do a Teen Witch poster. Hell anything Teen Witch related that's my favorite 80's movie.

My cake is not a lie ;)
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 8:39 PM
Wow, the memories these posters bring back!! Every movie that I remember as a defining part of the '80s is there (with the possible exception of "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" and maybe "Adventures in Babysitting.") You really put a lot of work into these, and it shows.

| Bookworm | Family-Oriented | Good | Hopeless Romantic | Loner |
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 9:04 PM
Huh..That's a movie poster of Tron I don't have. I have a different one though. Kewlies.

†© Life of Bittersweet torment, why dost thou inflict me so? ©†
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 11:22 PM
OMG! You've got The Abyss in there! And Tron! I love Tron! And Close Encounters! I love this!
Test Subject
#6 Old 20th Sep 2007 at 2:21 AM
Yess! you included my favorite movie, The Breakfast Club! Thank You!
Alchemist
#7 Old 20th Sep 2007 at 9:48 AM
So the 70s are already old? Gee, then I´m a dino! Nice posters! Thanks,
Theorist
#8 Old 20th Sep 2007 at 3:13 PM
This is a wonderful collection, with several that I will definitely use. These and the Marilyn photos are a great way to kick off the contest!

Quote: Originally posted by bleedingspade
these are great I really wish someone would do a Teen Witch poster. Hell anything Teen Witch related that's my favorite 80's movie.
Please see this thread.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 3:52 AM
It's so funny, but when I think of old Hollywood I'm thinking back to the black and white movies. Like the 20's -50's. Man, I'm only 10 years away from being part of the 70's. I didn't realize how close I was pushing it. *giggles*

I was thinking along the lines of Grace Kelly and Clara Bow. But the posters look great!

My love for you was so deep, It nearly destroyed me.
Test Subject
#10 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 5:17 AM
very cool, thanks
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 7:38 PM
Nice set. Thanks for sharing.
I thought Old Hollywood was making reference to the movies from the 30s and 40s, though.

I know I can't do it, but I'm still going to do it. - M. C. Escher
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 22nd Sep 2007 at 3:02 PM
cool but i think old hollywood goes from 30's-40's but good luck anyway!

Go here to test your brain: http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?fofofofof

i like to make stuff.
Forum Resident
#13 Old 25th Sep 2007 at 4:52 AM Last edited by ooga booga : 25th Sep 2007 at 4:57 AM.
You Forgot John Carpenter's Halloween. nice job though
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 25th Sep 2007 at 8:48 AM Last edited by smurfrevolt : 25th Sep 2007 at 8:57 AM.
Um, yeah, this is not really old Hollywood. You must be really, really young...hehe. But are these examples of old Hollywood films: Spartacus, Camille, A Roman Holiday, Maltese Falcon, Vertigo, Psycho, The 49 Steps, Citizen Kane, Casablanca, Mildren Pierce, The Third Man... Basically, films before the 1960's...but not including Birth of a Nation or The Great Train Robbery. Not sure about Clara Bow--she's in the silent films, right? Her films might be under the Classic films. :D
Instructor
#15 Old 29th Sep 2007 at 8:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by smurfrevolt
Um, yeah, this is not really old Hollywood. You must be really, really young...hehe. But are these examples of old Hollywood films: Spartacus, Camille, A Roman Holiday, Maltese Falcon, Vertigo, Psycho, The 49 Steps, Citizen Kane, Casablanca, Mildren Pierce, The Third Man... Basically, films before the 1960's...but not including Birth of a Nation or The Great Train Robbery. Not sure about Clara Bow--she's in the silent films, right? Her films might be under the Classic films. :D

Well, old is a relative term. The contest guidelines didn't give dates, so basically "old" can be anything the person considers "old."

Great job with these... they're fun!

- Bre (Buckingham Alice)
Creating can take hours, days, or even weeks. Saying "thank you" only takes one click. :)
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 8th Sep 2008 at 12:43 AM
Thank you so much. These are awesome! I know a whole bunch of them...hopefully most of them. lol.

You did a great job, honestly.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 21st Oct 2008 at 6:30 AM
Thanks this is awesome for my movie buff sims.
Test Subject
#18 Old 13th Aug 2011 at 2:34 PM
Jaws :lovestruc
Thank you !