Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

*Update* Fire Service Career w/ Fire Engine

by tiger625 Posted 8th Dec 2007 at 11:10 AM - Updated 3rd Mar 2011 at 5:46 PM by whiterider

24 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 16 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
#2 Old 8th Dec 2007 at 3:02 PM
Looks Good. Just one suggestion though, you would become a driver/operator long before you have a chance at HazMat. Trust me, I was an EMT/HazMat Tech before my disability.. Anyway, like I said it looks pretty good and I'll give it a whirl..
Field Researcher
#3 Old 8th Dec 2007 at 10:42 PM
This looks like you've put a lot of time and effort in on it! Thanks for sharing and I'll be happy to test it.

More of my work can be found @
Sims2Artists.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 19th Dec 2007 at 8:27 PM Last edited by caddy_lincoln : 19th Dec 2007 at 8:30 PM. Reason: mispelling a word
This is the first time ever that I'll try a custom career in my game.
I've always refused to do it because it looks to me that there are plenty of careers in the game already , but I always missed a firefighter career, so I'll give your job a try.

Thanks for the time and effort in doing this, you're greatly appreciated!

"If you suspect you won't like the answer, then don't make the question"
Field Researcher
#5 Old 31st Dec 2007 at 4:40 PM
This is brilliant, thanks so much! I love how much variation this adds with the new outfits etc.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Jan 2008 at 1:32 PM
Thanks for the replies. Enjoy!
Test Subject
#7 Old 7th Jan 2008 at 6:17 PM Last edited by QSim2 : 7th Jan 2008 at 6:19 PM. Reason: mistype
Default Firefighter career
Good job. Also on your hard work in making this possible. I had read a post years ago that it was a problem getting the NPC driven fire truck as a carpool to work because of difficulties. But you have shown us and you have succeeded. Congratulations!
Test Subject
#8 Old 13th Jan 2008 at 10:18 AM
Really nice work... Many details... Thanks a lot... Keep up the good work...
Test Subject
#9 Old 1st Aug 2008 at 8:32 PM
I know this may be a noob question but its my first time putting career's in, do all the files and the outfit folders go in to the download area?

Also nice work, this seems like an answer to my prayer, always wanted to know wh ytey never included the firedepartment as a job
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 17th Aug 2008 at 9:15 AM
Default Install
[QUOTE=TankGun]I know this may be a noob question but its my first time putting career's in, do all the files and the outfit folders go in to the download area? QUOTE]

Yes, unzip the file and put everything in the downloads folder.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 22nd Sep 2008 at 5:42 AM
Hey, could you tell me how to get the proper vehicles to come for the careers? I tried getting the gardener, maid etc vehicles to come but it always ended up messing up and just having the regular service vehicles come and my sims not being able to go to work. I would LOVE to be able to add the proper vehicles to mine!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 2nd Oct 2008 at 11:11 AM
Default Custom Carpool
Quote: Originally posted by TashaFaun
Hey, could you tell me how to get the proper vehicles to come for the careers? I tried getting the gardener, maid etc vehicles to come but it always ended up messing up and just having the regular service vehicles come and my sims not being able to go to work. I would LOVE to be able to add the proper vehicles to mine!

It has been a long time since I did this, but here is what I remember. I do not know how to take a non carpool vehicle and directly make it into a carpool vehicle. The easy way is to clone an existing carpool vehicle and repaint it. The hard way is to clone an already existing carpool vehicle and change out the body with a different one. This is how I did the fire engine. The problem is when you change the body it is really difficult to line up the doors and wheels. When I did it last time I read all the car tutorials and looked at the structures of a lot of the items by Fresh Prince to help me line up doors and wheels. Some of the people who do cars can probably help. I am pretty much retired from the Sims right now. Hope this helps.
Test Subject
#13 Old 4th Oct 2008 at 7:40 PM
this is a great mod! One request: Can you make the Fire Chief's car & the fire "van" into vehicles that you can buy & place on your lot? I'd love to have them all.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 5th Oct 2008 at 5:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jacobmasta
this is a great mod! One request: Can you make the Fire Chief's car & the fire "van" into vehicles that you can buy & place on your lot? I'd love to have them all.

"I am pretty much retired from the Sims right now."

Apparently your reading comprehension needs a bit of work there jacob.

Thanks for the explanation tiger!
Test Subject
#15 Old 15th Nov 2008 at 12:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TashaFaun
"I am pretty much retired from the Sims right now."

Apparently your reading comprehension needs a bit of work there jacob.

Thanks for the explanation tiger!

I didn't see your request before I posted this, but there's no need to assume me to be stupid.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 1st Jan 2009 at 10:16 AM
Sorry guys, have not been on here in a while. If you want to have the fire vehicles you need to first download a driveable ambulance and driveable police car. Then you need to switch out the paint with my files. I have no problem if anyone wants to use my paint for recolors. PLEASE check with Fresh Prince, Vampcat, DBCAB or who ever has it and make sure they are cool with the recolors if you post them.

PS... I want this career in the Sims3....tell EA to put it in there!!!
Test Subject
#17 Old 9th Mar 2009 at 8:26 AM
I would think that EMT would fit in fine either before fighterfight or before recruit. Engineer is the term for a driver and it's the same level as a paramedic, just a step up from Firefighter. Hazmat and RRT require more experience, at least for our department. Still, great job, just trying to offer constructive advice. I'm so glad that I've finally got a firefighter career, thanks so much!
Test Subject
#18 Old 29th Apr 2009 at 3:59 PM Last edited by za1susi : 15th Nov 2011 at 12:18 PM.
I´ve tried this career with AL/M&G and it works fine. I´ve noticed only a jump bug on the reward object.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#19 Old 18th Nov 2013 at 5:06 AM
Very clever career. Love the custom vehicles and suits.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 9:30 PM
This is the coolest thing!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 12:22 PM
I don't download game mods as a general rule, but I searched through 27 pages of careers just to find this. Bless your little heart.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 22nd Dec 2014 at 5:55 PM
This is still the best thing ever!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 12:59 PM
Thank u!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 6:27 PM
Thank You