Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

(Updated 29th Nov) 50th Upload Aniversary - Pleasantview v3.5 w. lots, npc's & decorations

by Flabaliki Posted 27th Feb 2008 at 6:04 AM - Updated 26th Mar 2010 at 12:56 AM by Phaenoh : fixing category

35 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 29 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 7:10 PM
Wow! Looking forward to PS Thanks a bunch
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 11:24 PM
Awesome! Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 8th Mar 2008 at 9:08 PM
I am playing Pleasantview 3 now. It is much nicer then the original Pleasantview. Thanks for lovely additions.
Scholar
#5 Old 8th Mar 2008 at 9:20 PM
Very nice job, this must of been a lot of work! Thankies
Test Subject
#6 Old 9th Mar 2008 at 3:05 AM
I downloaded it with the Q express installer. "Download all above files with ....". I tried to open it in my game (Original) and it crashed. I took it all out and re downloaded each separately into the files suggested. Started the game, chose pleasantview 3 and it crashed. I've removed the files again and will try again. I sure would like to try it as it looks a-one.
Wiki Wizard
#7 Old 9th Mar 2008 at 1:01 PM
This is great, thanks for sharing:D

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 7:32 PM
I love this Nighborhood_thanx so much for sharing and look forward to many mor like it
Test Subject
#9 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 12:08 AM
Default question
Quote: Originally posted by eccentricgnat
I am playing Pleasantview 3 now. It is much nicer then the original Pleasantview. Thanks for lovely additions.

Is this an entirely new neighborhood or will it replace the original Pleasantview in the sims2? I want to keep my sims and not lose anything I've been doing for so long but I really need to expand and your verision looks so nice! please help me.
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 12:40 AM Last edited by Flabaliki : 4th Apr 2008 at 3:15 AM.
This is a new neighborhood... It will not replace the original Pleasantview. It is just like any other new neighborhood. There are no sims in it besides NPCs.

Hope you enjoy the hood!

Find me on YouTube!
Flabaliki - General gaming
TheSimSupply - Videos all about The Sims!
Test Subject
#11 Old 23rd Apr 2008 at 3:06 AM
Does this work with the original game only, as well as with the expansion packs? The last sentence seems to insinuate that Nightlife is required.

"Thanks to Numenor for creating the AnyGameStarter v. 1.2b which without this neighborhood would not only require The Sims 2 Nightlife."
Test Subject
#12 Old 29th Apr 2008 at 1:41 AM
Where do we extract the Custom content it has no word document to explain where to extract it.
Instructor
Original Poster
#13 Old 29th Apr 2008 at 4:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by monkeyj779
Where do we extract the Custom content it has no word document to explain where to extract it.

You extract it to the ordinary place, My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Downloads

Find me on YouTube!
Test Subject
#14 Old 24th May 2008 at 5:02 PM
Hey, I'm having a little problem with your neighbourhood. I downloaded it and extracted all the files to the correct locations. I can load up Sims 2 and it is working fine, but when I try to enter Pleasantville v3.0 it begins loading... and continues loading... still loads... and then crashes! I don't even get past the blue loading screen that has the neighbourhood name on it. Have I done something wrong? Or is it just my computer settings? :-(
Instructor
Original Poster
#15 Old 25th May 2008 at 4:16 AM
Are you sure that you have all of the correct EPs and SPs installed? Also just check again that all the files are in the right spot.

Find me on YouTube!
Test Subject
#16 Old 25th May 2008 at 1:00 PM Last edited by Kristow : 25th May 2008 at 1:08 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Flabaliki
Are you sure that you have all of the correct EPs and SPs installed? Also just check again that all the files are in the right spot.

The files are definitely in the correct locations. But what do you mean by expansion and stuff packs? I thought you only needed the base game to play this neighbourhood? I only have the original Sims 2. Is there anything I've downloaded from you that I'll have to go back and delete in order for it to work properly?
Instructor
Original Poster
#17 Old 26th May 2008 at 10:32 PM
Oh! I just realized that all of my Rhondal Drive lots require Nightlife, so you will have to delete all of them in order for this to work.

Find me on YouTube!
Test Subject
#18 Old 26th May 2008 at 11:45 PM
Thank you! I'll delete them now!
Instructor
Original Poster
#19 Old 5th Sep 2008 at 4:04 PM
Default Update 6th September
---------Update 6th September---------

For your convenience I have uploaded a file which contains ALL of the files below. Therefore you do not need to download any of them!

Download from LebenSim:
50thUploadAniversary-Pleasantviewv3.5.rar - 36mb

Find me on YouTube!
Test Subject
#20 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 4:19 PM
just wondering, when I looked, I couldn't find the goth house, is it there?

Jesus is my savior, and I will always worship him.
Instructor
Original Poster
#21 Old 13th Sep 2008 at 1:22 AM Last edited by Flabaliki : 28th Nov 2008 at 3:10 PM.
Yeh it should be... none of the lots are in the same position as the original so you may have to look around for a bit.

--------- Update 29th November ---------

Update 29th November '08: Great news, after a while of fiddling around I have created an automatic installer which will do everything for you! Just download, double click and install, it's just that easy!

It is a .exe file, and contains some instructions and my policy. Once downloaded it takes all of about 30s to install.

One last thing, it comes with an unistallation feature... you can use this to remove Pleasantview v3.5 by going to Start > All Programs > Pleasantview v3.5

Download from LebenSim:
PleasantviewV3.5.zip - 42.1mb
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Find me on YouTube!
Test Subject
#22 Old 12th Jan 2009 at 4:54 PM Last edited by haleymom78 : 12th Jan 2009 at 10:52 PM. Reason: wrong lot mentioned
Great job on the neighborhood.There is one lot though that keeps crashing everytime I click on it. 13 Rhondal Drive. . I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I used the install that you now have on the neighborhood.
Test Subject
#23 Old 10th Feb 2009 at 4:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by countmein
I downloaded it with the Q express installer. "Download all above files with ....". I tried to open it in my game (Original) and it crashed. I took it all out and re downloaded each separately into the files suggested. Started the game, chose pleasantview 3 and it crashed. I've removed the files again and will try again. I sure would like to try it as it looks a-one.

hey buddy, you need Nightlife to run this Neighborhood! Thanks mate for this neighborhood. My original Pleasantview got deleted, now I have it again! Thank you so very much!
I hope everyone enjoyed this hood. It is a good one the best I've seen yet.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 25th Feb 2009 at 3:57 PM
Ive got a couple of quick noob questions...(cough..far from a noob). Is it possible to download just the sim character files and install them, will they show up in CAS? I had the brainiac idea to "reset" my original Pleasantview 'hood, but can't find the extracted sims anywhere. I'd rather not go through the hassle of uninstall and re-installation. I'm also not currently using SimPE so instructions for extraction will do me no good...lol.
Test Subject
#25 Old 5th May 2009 at 5:55 PM
i installed everything but none of the houses showed up.. help?
Page 1 of 2