Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Updated Thai Version 01/05/2011: Fancy Breakfast: 5 breakfast dishes, 1 default dinnerware, nomorefoodparticles hack

by bienchen83 Posted 24th Apr 2008 at 8:54 PM - Updated 5th Jan 2011 at 8:44 PM by bienchen83 : Several Pie Menu Fixes - Korean translation added

80 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 67 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 27th Apr 2008 at 12:45 PM
I like the foods, but my only complaint are the ingredients. This is because I prefer Simlish in my game.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 27th Apr 2008 at 1:36 PM Last edited by SIMale : 27th Apr 2008 at 1:38 PM. Reason: fixed grammar
Nelson340 -

Do what I do, I open the download in SimPE and extract the texture with the writing on. Opens the texture in Photoshop (other graphics prorams will do) erase the writing and write the same thing using one of my Simlish fonts. I then save the texture and import it back in to SimPE replacing the original texture. Sure it's a lot of trouble for someone who never uses SimPE but it gets easier and faster the more you do it.

SIMale the Simlish linguist. Simlish made easy: Version 1 & 2 and Version 3 & Comic

SIMale the Simlish linguist. Simlish made easy: Version 1 & 2 and Version 3 & Comic (Now only available at IS)
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 27th Apr 2008 at 2:16 PM Last edited by Nelson340 : 27th Apr 2008 at 3:10 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by SIMale
Nelson340 -

Do what I do, I open the download in SimPE and extract the texture with the writing on. Opens the texture in Photoshop (other graphics prorams will do) erase the writing and write the same thing using one of my Simlish fonts. I then save the texture and import it back in to SimPE replacing the original texture. Sure it's a lot of trouble for someone who never uses SimPE but it gets easier and faster the more you do it.

SIMale the Simlish linguist. Simlish made easy: Version 1 & 2 and Version 3 & Comic

Actually, I did that. Good thing this wasn't one of those complicated things where you have to somehow leave the background image intact!

(Oh, and PS: Thanks for just using Maxis replacement plates and not custom ones! Though, how do you remove them?)
Forum Resident
#5 Old 27th Apr 2008 at 3:12 PM
Oh, wow! I love you now. <3 I love getting new custom foods for my game! They really are one of my favorite things to download, so getting five new foods plus default plates plus a much-needed hack is like getting Christmas and my birthday rolled into one. Thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 27th Apr 2008 at 5:04 PM
You were the first person to make me go "YIPIEEEEE!" in a long long time. Thank you so much for this download.

Biggest wishes for TS3:
Wider variety of harvestables and crops from TS1 & TS2 returning to the game
Wider variety of foods
More gems/metals/rocks/ore
Scholar
#7 Old 27th Apr 2008 at 5:49 PM
Thank you Bienchen (especially for the croissants and the translations). The anti-eat like a pig hack is a good idea too.

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
Not actually evil.
#8 Old 27th Apr 2008 at 6:01 PM
Wonderful foods, thank you very much. (I too prefer Simlish though.)
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 27th Apr 2008 at 6:22 PM
Thanks for the feedback.

@Nelson: You got a PM. Simply delete the file sim2me_dinnerwarereplacement01.package.

I´d be happy to upload a Simlish version of the fruit salad if someone offers to send his or her version to [email protected].
I´m moving houses at the time beeing so I´d take long until I could do it myself.
Test Subject
#10 Old 27th Apr 2008 at 7:01 PM
Awww thank you!!
I like! no love to have new food in my games!!!
Really appreciate and can't wait to have my sims cooking your new meals!!!!

One touch and I can see things, things that happened, things that will happen...You should see what I see...
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 27th Apr 2008 at 7:34 PM
Actually, I meant getting rid of custom plates.
Inventor
#12 Old 28th Apr 2008 at 1:34 AM
New foods for my sims? Thank you.

Panic! At The Disco ... I'm Down With The Panic!
My Chemical Romance ... With The Band Members.
My Secrect ... AFI's Miss Murder Is Me. Shhh!
(Avatar made by Me)
Test Subject
#13 Old 28th Apr 2008 at 1:54 AM
thankyou the food looks wonderful - Im sure my sims will love their new breakfast menu
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 28th Apr 2008 at 2:30 AM
What sweet land are you living in where you actually get to eat pretzels for breakfast? NICE!!!!

Bix AKA Champion le Bleu Cardinalis born Nov 18th 2006. Home from Poland Jan 14 2007 with brother Jack!!!
Field Researcher
#15 Old 28th Apr 2008 at 5:25 AM
I love new food. :D
Field Researcher
#16 Old 28th Apr 2008 at 7:21 AM
Food! I've been wanting some forever, so thanks! You can never have enough breakfast foods either.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 28th Apr 2008 at 8:16 AM Last edited by Canoodle : 28th Apr 2008 at 6:55 PM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post.
These are awesome
I love them
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#18 Old 28th Apr 2008 at 8:54 AM
@carolinn: I come from the South of Germany and we are indeed having pretzels for breakfast there.

@Nelson: I´m sorry I got you wrong. This is a bit more complicated.
Open your custom food package (not the one with the plate or platter) in SimPE.
Then click on BHAV (Behaviour Function) on the left.
On the right, chose the BHAV "CT - Factory - Dish Serve". Go to line 0x1. In the first four Operand boxes, type in: D1 A2 1E 0C. Then click commit and save your package. This BHAV will now point to the custom platter again (won´t work if you have a meal that´s served in a bowl).
Now, chose the BHAV for the plate: "CT - Factory - Dish". Go to line 0x0. In the first four Operand boxes, type in: 6C E6 4O A6. Then click commit and save your package. This BHAV will now point to the custom dessert plate.
If you want it to point to the custom dinner plate, type in the values "B7 2A EB AB" instead.
I hope this was clear enough.

You´re done.
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 28th Apr 2008 at 12:48 PM
damn, all of these foods look so delicious!!!! i especially like the pretzels!!! i miss good pretzels so much in japan....
the hack is also great! even my most accomplished sims always eat like pigs...
thanks a lot for this wonderful breakfast set, biene! dankeschoen...
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 28th Apr 2008 at 5:07 PM
do I just put them in downloads?

You sang me Spanish lullabies,
The sweetest sadness in your eyes,
Clever trick.
Test Subject
#21 Old 28th Apr 2008 at 8:59 PM
Thank you, bienchen83! I've read your post about editing BHAV in SimPE and now I can edit serving platter to enable "call to meal" option. And get custom dinner plate instead of maxis plate.
It's very good to use maxis plates for serving and custom for eating. I have a lot of food in my downloads and only some of them use that idea.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#22 Old 29th Apr 2008 at 9:28 AM
@Bloood Red: Yes, you do.
@SeraphMari: I´m glad that my explanation was helpful for you.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 30th Apr 2008 at 4:39 AM
thank you very much

I can't speak read and write english. I'm sorry if you can't understand!.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 2nd May 2008 at 3:39 AM Last edited by MrsSmellymaus : 4th May 2008 at 2:10 PM. Reason: received answer
Oh! I'm getting hungry! Very hungry! I need to go to the kitchen and get some jam-filled Palatschinken (= thin pancakes rolled up, like crepes).

Thank you for sharing your breakfast meals with us. A few days ago I recognized that there aren't enough variations on breakfast. I really like the yoghurt with fresh fruits and the croissants, also the pretzels.

Question: I'm not sure, do I have to download the plates too?

Request: What about some rolls (in German: Brötchen, Semmeln)? With cheese or jam? For breakfast and dinner!

Edit: A pity that you are so busy, but it means there will be more great uploads in future! Thanks for answering!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#25 Old 2nd May 2008 at 7:17 AM
MrsSmellymaus: as to your question: no, you do not have to. Only if you like them. You are free to use any other default plates (there are some really nice here on MTS2) or simply the custom ones.

as to your request: I do not take request. I have already thought about making rolls some day, but I´m really busy. I have a two sites long list with stuff I would like to make. Then I also have two small children and am a doctoral candidate. So, no chance to have these soon.
Page 1 of 4