Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"Metropolis Apartments" by boolPropped (UPDATED 10/23/2008)

by beeps Posted 2nd Sep 2008 at 10:13 PM - Updated 15th Mar 2009 at 11:44 PM by boolPropped

20 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Forum Resident
#2 Old 2nd Sep 2008 at 10:37 PM
Pretty pretty pretty.

I just lóve how everything is symmetrical.

Thanks you bP. :]
Test Subject
#3 Old 2nd Sep 2008 at 10:45 PM
ah this is exactly the type of apartment i've been trying to build and can't seem to get right! thank you this is going straight into my game!
Stupid people are stupid
#4 Old 3rd Sep 2008 at 11:46 AM
Great to see you've uploaded it. My sim loved this apartment building and you have inspired me to build my own, and i think i did pretty well.

Thanks for sharing *hugs*
Theorist
#5 Old 4th Sep 2008 at 6:54 PM
Thank you!
Scholar
#6 Old 5th Sep 2008 at 3:34 PM
Thanks, I like it a lot!

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Test Subject
#7 Old 6th Sep 2008 at 4:57 PM
This is exactly what i have been looking for! It has a nice feel to it.
Thank you ^_^!

I'm on fire and now I think i'm ready to bust a move! Check it out!
Test Subject
#8 Old 6th Sep 2008 at 8:22 PM
I've been looking all over for good apartments..since I have no building skills..Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 7th Sep 2008 at 8:38 AM
Absolutely love it!
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 7th Sep 2008 at 7:23 PM
pretty lot :D
thanks for sharing!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 9th Sep 2008 at 12:03 PM
I love the look of it, thank you very much.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 14th Sep 2008 at 7:42 PM
Great job! I've been lookin for something like this for long time , You're the best ;D
Field Researcher
#13 Old 25th Sep 2008 at 1:20 PM Last edited by greeneyedsims : 25th Sep 2008 at 10:56 PM. Reason: question about elevator
Wheww, well this takes care of what I was looking for! I was hunting around for the perfect looking apartments to integrate into Simmington Hills, and yours is a perfect fit for the area I'm thinking about.

Thanks so much!!! I can't wait to put Metropolis Apts. into the game!

Edit: I downloaded the furnished apartments. I went inside it from the Neighborhood View, and I noticed that the elevator on the 2nd floor doesn't have a door leading out. (It's a solid wall surrounding the elevator shaft, it's in your pictures that way, too, but I didn't notice it before.)

I don't see where the lift can go any further...there's not a 3rd floor/roof exit, and also no basement. I also see that there's a staircase that can be used instead to reach the 2nd floor apts. So, that's good. A "Plan B" for my simmies in case the elevator ever broke down.

I'm pretty sure you meant to have the elevator doors lead out onto the 2nd floor, right? At any rate, I just wanted to bring this to your attention. I guess I'll have to rezone the lot to residential to fix this, I hate to mess with it though...I'm so afraid I'll mess something up. I'll keep checking back to this thread in case you respond.

It's a neighborhood legacy
Test Subject
#14 Old 27th Sep 2008 at 4:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by greeneyedsims
Wheww, well this takes care of what I was looking for! I was hunting around for the perfect looking apartments to integrate into Simmington Hills, and yours is a perfect fit for the area I'm thinking about.

Thanks so much!!! I can't wait to put Metropolis Apts. into the game!

Edit: I downloaded the furnished apartments. I went inside it from the Neighborhood View, and I noticed that the elevator on the 2nd floor doesn't have a door leading out. (It's a solid wall surrounding the elevator shaft, it's in your pictures that way, too, but I didn't notice it before.)

I don't see where the lift can go any further...there's not a 3rd floor/roof exit, and also no basement. I also see that there's a staircase that can be used instead to reach the 2nd floor apts. So, that's good. A "Plan B" for my simmies in case the elevator ever broke down.

I'm pretty sure you meant to have the elevator doors lead out onto the 2nd floor, right? At any rate, I just wanted to bring this to your attention. I guess I'll have to rezone the lot to residential to fix this, I hate to mess with it though...I'm so afraid I'll mess something up. I'll keep checking back to this thread in case you respond.

... but .. but ... shnitz! i really really thought the broken elevator was for woohoo'ing purpose only :P
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 1st Oct 2008 at 12:56 AM
Love it! Thanks Pretty easy to play, thus far!

Only thing that was a little bit of a bummer is that I couldn't do a double/full bed in one of the units on the ground floor that has an upstairs. But other than that, perfect!

--Carrie
Sims 2 Mac Super Collection
Sims 3/WA/HELS/Ambitions/LN/Gen/Pets and doing it ALL on a MacBook Pro now..Hmmm...
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 23rd Oct 2008 at 11:59 PM
UPDATED 10/23/2008

Elevator Issue: I have fixed the elevator issue. I had accidentally used the "connector shaft" on the upper level instead of the actual elevator unit. But I replaced it, so the elevator should be usable for travel, WooHoo and all that good stuff

Mailbox Placement: After play-testing a little more, I noticed that carpools pulled up right to the mailbox, effectively blocking the passenger door from opening. Eventually the Sim would reset and jump out of the car, but with moving the mailbox slightly back it should get rid of the jump issue altogether.

Formerly known as boolPropped
Field Researcher
#17 Old 27th Oct 2008 at 1:01 AM
BP I just love these apartments, they're really well done! Thanks for uploading them!
Field Researcher
#18 Old 11th Nov 2008 at 1:02 PM Last edited by greeneyedsims : 11th Nov 2008 at 1:07 PM.
Thanks for updating the lot, BP! I've got to say again...this lot is GORGEOUS and so realistic-looking!

I've been playing your old version for about 4 simdays with no major problems. My Sim, Seth, lives in the left side studio apartment on the 2nd Floor. He bought a Murphy Bed to hang on that wall, and puts his loveseat in and out of inventory. (I pretend it's still there. *smiles*) He just proposed to and moved in Marisa Bendett! I'm just praying there's no babies anytime soon. (ACR) I love the noisy neighbors, so realistic for this mid.-to-poorer class area in my hood. My Sim is constantly banging on the walls for them to shut up. LOL!

Every now and then, there's a crowd of Sims at the door, making it hard for my Sim to exit his apartment. But, it doesn't happen often enough for it to be a problem. The carpool has been fine for me.

I'm really happy that they can take the elevator now. The stairs have been fine, I just think the "ding-ding" sounds of the elevator is missing from the ambience of this beautiful apartment. *smiles* I'm gonna move them out and place this new lot.

Thanks again!

--green

It's a neighborhood legacy
Test Subject
#19 Old 18th Jan 2009 at 7:23 PM
Awsome! MTS2 just seems to be getting better and better! Horray for Free!
Test Subject
#20 Old 18th Apr 2009 at 4:00 PM
I absolutely love this. I've been trying to build something like this for a while, even just a single house before AL. It is so awesome, the loft-style and studio, it's just the best apartment I've seen so far. Thank you so much, this will really help my game step up another level to get it back to where it was before my computer crashed from my cc overload (so far, I've been doing ok, not clogging up the computer, but my game still needs some upgrades) thank you so very much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 22nd Mar 2016 at 11:17 PM
Thank You