Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Courtesy Light / Emergency Lamps (w/ custom coloured lights) *BUGFIX 28nov08*

by Numenor Posted 25th Oct 2008 at 3:50 PM - Updated 14th Mar 2009 at 8:50 PM by Numenor : Restored missing attachment

62 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 54 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Scholar
#2 Old 25th Oct 2008 at 4:13 PM
This is so awesome Numenor!

You've done it once again! Amazing work!
Test Subject
#3 Old 25th Oct 2008 at 4:17 PM
Very pretty, thankyou! <3
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 25th Oct 2008 at 4:47 PM
I totally adore these lights !
They're small and nearly invisible but also a detailed and realistic addition for building lots, especially ones with large corridors or for simmies who are frightened by the darkness .

Thank you for sharing !
Forum Resident
#5 Old 25th Oct 2008 at 4:58 PM
those lights remind me of a movie lights :O geart work

"Anyone who dares oppose me no, the Life Fibers will suffer the same fate." ~Ragyo Kiryuin
Test Subject
#6 Old 25th Oct 2008 at 5:29 PM
I love these lights, they're perfect my simmies' new lot.

Thanks a ton! ^___^
Test Subject
#7 Old 25th Oct 2008 at 6:03 PM
I like these.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 25th Oct 2008 at 6:12 PM
Simply Amazing Work! Thank you!!

View my Downloads here

(( ))
// \\ Pass the pink ribbon around if you know someone living with, has survived. or passed away from breast cancer.
Instructor
#9 Old 25th Oct 2008 at 6:36 PM
Amazing! What can't you do? Marry me?! Woo!
Scholar
#10 Old 25th Oct 2008 at 6:56 PM
Incredible work once again, Numenor! Thanks so much for these!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 25th Oct 2008 at 8:00 PM
Hmmm... Really useful ^^ Thanks
Alchemist
#12 Old 25th Oct 2008 at 8:33 PM
You were a bit busy huh? as a sci-fi fan yes I appreciate the alert red light feature but I'm so curious to check the intensity and the bulb color features too. Thank you modfather for your crazyness .... creativity! Kiss and ciao
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 25th Oct 2008 at 9:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lamammaforever
I'm so curious to check the intensity and the bulb color features too.

The intensity, in a single lamp, is not very high, even when set at max; but you can place multiple lights on the very same spot, thus increasing the overall light intensity. In any case, if you know my Chimera Lamps you won't be very surprised though the Courtesy Lamps have a greatly improved management of the light intensity, compared to the Chimera.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Instructor
#14 Old 25th Oct 2008 at 9:10 PM
Love em and downloading Thanks again for your emmense talent it knows no limits :D

"Inspiration,It comes not when you want it.But when you least expect it to!"
Scholar
#15 Old 25th Oct 2008 at 10:53 PM
you make such great stuff - thank you!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 26th Oct 2008 at 1:04 AM
Thanks for the lamps, now my children sims who are afraid of the dark don't have to be anymore. There kind of like little night lights only there not as bright as some of the others I've see.

Now Taking Requests for House's and Paintings! Downloads also at simbology.com
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#17 Old 26th Oct 2008 at 1:19 AM
Very nice idea. Didn't even realise I was missing it until I saw this. Now I can't imagine why I such a thing didn't exist!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 26th Oct 2008 at 3:24 AM
Wow! I think this would give good ambiance for movies and pictures :D

Take a break and watch Sims Videos
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 26th Oct 2008 at 5:01 AM Last edited by ToxicPinkPoison : 26th Oct 2008 at 5:01 AM. Reason: Thanks post.
- Swoon- You are amazing!
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 26th Oct 2008 at 10:01 AM
I love the Chimeralamps. The colours realy makes a great atmosphere, but the design doesn´t fit every sims taste in decor. These discrete design will even make my most conservative witches happy. Thanks!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 26th Oct 2008 at 11:06 AM
LOL for the "conservative witches" I didn't think of them, while creating these lamps, but I think that an evil witch/warlock may appreciate a red lamp placed (using moveobjects and snaptogridoff) in the center of the cauldron; for a good witch, the blue or white lamp should be suitable.
I love when the players use my creations for something I didn't think of -

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Lab Assistant
#22 Old 26th Oct 2008 at 7:48 PM
Ciao again! I was playing with your lamp in my game when I notice that the low lamp (floor) change the position to high (ceiling) when I change the colour to blue. Only blue colour makes this change and only the low lamp. I tried this in an apartmentlot. I have all games. I have the latest CEP. This is not a problem for me since it is so easy to change the position with the new AL walldecor moving feature. When I have changed the position it stays in place even with blue.

I hope this information was helpfull enough. BTW this lamp look great hidden in a lot of things. I recommend everyone to experiment with different objects, fireplaces and lamps with moveobjects cheats. The red light looks great in a romantic bedroom and the blue adds atmosphere in a dungeon.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#23 Old 26th Oct 2008 at 10:55 PM Last edited by Numenor : 26th Oct 2008 at 11:31 PM.
UPDATE!

26 OCT 2008 - BUGFIX (floor lamps moved to ceiling when changing the bulb colour)

Thank you Freja for reporting! And good idea, placing the lamp into a fireplace! -

Theorist
#24 Old 27th Oct 2008 at 1:40 PM
*Crosses fingers that it'll work for me again*
LOL! It will, I'm sure

...am I the only one confused at the Different RARs?

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#25 Old 27th Oct 2008 at 3:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PETCHY14
...am I the only one confused at the Different RARs?

How stupid can I be??
Sorry, problem fixed; now there is only one attachment: the RIGHT one
I hope that no one re-downloaded the old attachment by mistake; if in doubt, I suggest to redownload it now.

Page 1 of 3