Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Teen and Child Plantsim conversions

by Cocomama Posted 1st Jan 2009 at 7:25 PM - Updated 14th Mar 2009 at 11:30 AM by Cocomama

23 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 14 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 1st Jan 2009 at 7:38 PM
My Kokiri tribe would look perfect in this!

Everyone has a weakness, everyone dies, and everyone passes out after getting hit with a steel bat.
C.Rod
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#3 Old 1st Jan 2009 at 7:44 PM
Do these have the original UV map or a fixed version? When I was recoloring the adult versions I found out that the front and back of the outfit is split and switched halfway down, making anything but solid recolor impossible.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 1st Jan 2009 at 8:07 PM
These are fantastic! Perfect for all my leafy/woodsy sims.
Inventor
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Jan 2009 at 9:47 PM
Phaenoh, I'm not sure what you're asking, I made these conversions on the base of the hula alpha meshes from the basegame, that was the only working way I found to make them, so they are normal recolorable, with a separate UVmap. If you're thinking of making a "ligth" version, that will not work as I renamed the "branch" alpha part to "body_alpha" I hope that answered your question??
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 1st Jan 2009 at 11:36 PM
oh, how wonderful! i currently have a completely plantsim family (the founder's name was Clara Phylle) so this will be really useful for the biological children!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 2nd Jan 2009 at 12:08 AM
Nice Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 9th Jan 2009 at 7:19 PM
I just adore PlantSims and am so happy to find these!! Thank you for these wonderful creations.

"Wolves are not just wild dogs. Rather, dogs are domesticated wolves."
~L. David Mech; The Way Of The Wolf~
#9 Old 9th Jan 2009 at 8:39 PM
This is a Must-Have!

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Test Subject
#10 Old 11th Jan 2009 at 5:19 PM
I love plantsims too but your plantsims teens and plantsims childs looks normal , they don't have plantsim skin , they have just clothes
Inventor
Original Poster
#11 Old 11th Jan 2009 at 6:43 PM
Yes, that's right, sergiusergui. You will have to give them a custom skin and hair yourself if you want to make them into "real" plantsims. The game doesn't have that for child and teens.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 1:41 AM
the teen one doesnt work rightcocomamma. it looks all... wonky. i don't thinik the mesh is right
Inventor
Original Poster
#13 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 10:03 AM
SimFlip5, what do you mean with the teen one doesn't work right, please explain? It worked in my game. Maybe you have to set sim- and texture details working on high in options?
Instructor
#14 Old 16th Apr 2012 at 5:50 AM
Do these use KittyLyn74 textures as well then??

22 I will give him the key to the house of David. When he opens doors, no one will be able to close them; when he closes doors, no one will be able to open them.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#15 Old 24th Sep 2012 at 6:44 PM
Just what I was looking for, thanks a lot!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 27th Dec 2013 at 3:10 AM
These are excellent, thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 6th Jan 2014 at 4:26 AM
Cool!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 17th Jun 2014 at 11:41 AM
I like it... is interesting
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#19 Old 21st Nov 2015 at 9:52 PM
Thanks! :D
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#20 Old 26th Mar 2016 at 2:36 PM
Perfect! Now my non-plant Sims will not feel out of place if born into a whole Plantsim family!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 10:57 AM
Thanks
Forum Resident
#22 Old 16th Aug 2017 at 5:18 PM
Cocomama, I think I know what SimFlip5 is talking about. For me, the female teen clothes appear as one of the maxis dresses with the texture put onto it, but since the texture's bottom doesn't reach the mesh's bottom, it just appears as skin-colored there.
tl,dr: The female teen mesh doesn't seem to work.
By the way, the clothes are otherwise really great, thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 22nd Sep 2020 at 4:47 PM
Wicked cool, now we can have a plantsim family with actual children instead of only toddlers.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 3rd Apr 2024 at 3:27 PM
I can't tell the difference between the files.