Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Realistic Rottweiler (requested)

by PharaohHound Posted 5th Jan 2009 at 12:33 AM - Updated 14th Mar 2009 at 12:50 AM by PharaohHound : add undocked version

20 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 5th Jan 2009 at 12:38 AM
So incredibly cute! I can't believe how well made the puppy looks! Thank you so much

"Too weird to live. Too rare to die" - Hunter S Thompson.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 5th Jan 2009 at 5:58 AM
this is reallllly cute, very well done
but i just wanted to point out ... the maxis one IS realistic.. there are two types of rotties, German and American
the one that you've made resembles an American, with the narrower face, whereas German rotties have broader heads = maxis one
Rubric Wrangler
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Jan 2009 at 1:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AlanaMarshall
but i just wanted to point out ... the maxis one IS realistic.. there are two types of rotties, German and American
the one that you've made resembles an American, with the narrower face, whereas German rotties have broader heads = maxis one

I do realize there are different types, but the Maxis one for me is unrealistic because the head has very strange angles to it and strange proportions, even for the European lines. The head has no "flow" to it. I suppose that it depends on one's definition of "realistic". I am Canadian, so I am accustomed to the North American lines, but I am familiar with the other type. For my eyes, the differences in type are fairly subtle compared to some other breeds like Goldens. Incidentally, many of the best North American Rotties I've studied are actually German imports. As I was uploading, I was actually looking at the head and thinking, "man, I wish I'd made the skull a touch wider". Oh well, sorry for the monologue!
Test Subject
#5 Old 5th Jan 2009 at 3:54 PM
awww what a cutie
thank you very much!

}-|Only the insane equate pain with success|-{
Test Subject
#6 Old 5th Jan 2009 at 9:30 PM
Yay!
Now, I have my rottie!
Thanks, Pharoah, for putting up with all my crazy requests!
I'm sure he'll breed well. O:

-Jonas has left the building. Forever. Contact me at [email protected] or read my profile for more information about my leaving and contact information. Thanks! (:
Field Researcher
#7 Old 7th Jan 2009 at 8:21 PM
Thanks so much! The maxis version looks nothing like my dog, or any other Rottweilers that I've seen, for that matter.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 24th Jan 2009 at 6:25 AM
Awww... he's so cute!!! I can just bite him!! Thank you! :D
Test Subject
#9 Old 4th Mar 2009 at 11:07 PM
Thank you!
This really is a great improvement compared to the one in the game and now my rotties can actually look like real dogs, with naturally shaped heads and proportions.
I really like the way you didn't make him too fine-boned, as is the trend with some newer breeding lines here in europe.
Just a quick question though, why did EAxis name this breed 'Luten' instead of rottweiler in the game? Been trying to find some information on the net, but keep drawing a blank. Is this another one of those cases where a country renamed a breed, because they didn't like the fact that it originated in germany (as was the case with the German Shepherd in the UK during WWII)? I'd just really like to know - this keeps bugging me...
Rubric Wrangler
Original Poster
#10 Old 5th Mar 2009 at 12:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gisu
Just a quick question though, why did EAxis name this breed 'Luten' instead of rottweiler in the game? Been trying to find some information on the net, but keep drawing a blank. Is this another one of those cases where a country renamed a breed, because they didn't like the fact that it originated in germany (as was the case with the German Shepherd in the UK during WWII)? I'd just really like to know - this keeps bugging me...

Huh, the Rottie is called Rottweiler in my game (North American version of the game). At least, I think so, I wouldn't have paid attention. That's quite bizarre, I know of no alternative names for the Rottie (besides the German "Rottweil Metzgerhund), and certainly not "Luten". Well, if anyone does know, please let us know (now I'm curious too!)

Also, I'm glad you like my Rottie, I have a pet peeve about Rotties that lack good bone (you should hear me rant about ridiculous changes in breed type! I can go on about this all day, and not just in Rotties)
Test Subject
#11 Old 5th Mar 2009 at 2:45 PM
I hear ya!
And it's not just the dogs with me - I can go on for hours about the changes the Hanoverian horse has undergone over the last few decades, since 'they' decided the breed needed to be sleeker and more modern. So they continuosly crossbred english throroughbred into the line and now the horses look more like really big arabians than the noble but strong workinghorses they once were...
And don't get me started on the so-called Classic Pony - a bastardized version of the Shetland Pony...
But with dogs they actually breed illnesses into the lines and bodily disfunctions (i.e. Pugs - I mean why?). It's kind of sick - no pun intended.

Maybe the whole name thing is because I installed the english version instead of my native german - so it's british english in my game and not american. But why the british would call them Luten is still a mystery. The only definition I found for that word is from Urban dictionary and let's just say it's not all that nice to call someone a Luten. I know rotties have a bad rep (and I could write a whole thesis about how ridiculous that is) but to call them by arrogant and pathetic attention seekers is beyond my comprehension...
Test Subject
#12 Old 14th Mar 2009 at 12:20 AM
hey it has come to my attention that due to the recent server crash both files were lost it would be benificial to all people that want to download to re submit or find someone that has this file to submit for you.

Nick
Rubric Wrangler
Original Poster
#13 Old 14th Mar 2009 at 12:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by halokid33
hey it has come to my attention that due to the recent server crash both files were lost it would be benificial to all people that want to download to re submit or find someone that has this file to submit for you.

I don't have the original rars, but I do still have the breeds on my computer. I will try to re-package and re-upload them tomorrow, but if someone has the originals please submit them! Many thanks for your patience while I work on fixing all of my files.
Rubric Wrangler
Original Poster
#14 Old 14th Mar 2009 at 12:52 AM
Default Files fixed, thread no longer corrupted
Quote: Originally posted by PharaohHound
I don't have the original rars, but I do still have the breeds on my computer. I will try to re-package and re-upload them tomorrow, but if someone has the originals please submit them! Many thanks for your patience while I work on fixing all of my files.

Well, I had a few minutes, so I've fixed the files.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 14th Mar 2009 at 1:03 AM
Aww, he's cute great job! The face is amazingly realistic, as is the body. Thanks for sharing him.
Test Subject
#16 Old 14th Mar 2009 at 8:50 AM
Woooooowaaaaawwwaaaa!!! I have a rottweiler myself and this is the best version for sims2 pet I've ever seen! THANKS! XXX
Test Subject
#17 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 4:44 PM
That is a very good dog
Test Subject
#18 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 4:48 PM
awwwwwwwwwwww I love that dog it really looks like a real dog in the sim world loooooooove it good work make another realistic dog.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 9th Sep 2009 at 1:14 PM
Amazing.

Still struggling with CAW :x
Test Subject
#20 Old 21st Jul 2012 at 11:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AlanaMarshall

Honestly I own a german rottweiler puppy (he's 8 months old and HUGE), and I used to own another grown one for almost my whole life before he passed away, and I played Sims 2 at the time that I owned him, and I was just like "lolwut?"

But I agree, this is adorable! Finally my sims can have nice looking rotties.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 7th Jan 2019 at 1:53 PM
Can you make a version for The Sims 4 game ??