Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sunset Town

by Black0rchid Posted 9th Feb 2009 at 5:33 PM - Updated 14th Mar 2009 at 1:26 AM by Black0rchid

24 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 20 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Forum Resident
#2 Old 9th Feb 2009 at 6:22 PM
OMG, Thank you so much! I love it, love it, love it, love it! It's fantastic! Thank you so much!

Nacho average teen.
Other Stuff By Me.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 9th Feb 2009 at 8:33 PM
You r the master of building an apartment , thanks

**Supergirls Don't Cry**
Field Researcher
#4 Old 9th Feb 2009 at 9:11 PM
This is sooo gorgeous, thank you.
Test Subject
#5 Old 9th Feb 2009 at 11:27 PM
This is beautiful, thank you!
Test Subject
#6 Old 10th Feb 2009 at 4:08 AM
i love it that u always build it in playable-size lot so it won't crush my PC lovely creation as always! Thank you!
Field Researcher
#7 Old 10th Feb 2009 at 10:01 AM
Looks beautiful ,excited about loading it up and seeing how it looks. Big thanks.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 10th Feb 2009 at 11:21 AM
What else can I say - I LOVE your work! Thank you for sharing!!
Test Subject
#9 Old 10th Feb 2009 at 12:19 PM Last edited by ladyelsa : 10th Feb 2009 at 8:37 PM.
just the best, i love all your creations. Thank u very much!!
Oh uh i have a problem, i intalled sunset town but its appears like a residential and its Unfurnished
I dont understand what i did wrong
sorry for my english
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 10th Feb 2009 at 10:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ladyelsa
just the best, i love all your creations. Thank u very much!!
Oh uh i have a problem, i intalled sunset town but its appears like a residential and its Unfurnished
I dont understand what i did wrong

I noticed this problem also in some sims forum about others' apartments.
The problem was not solved in these forum.
But..have you tried to change the lot into apartment with changelotzoning apartmentbase cheat?
Test Subject
#11 Old 10th Feb 2009 at 11:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Black0rchid
I noticed this problem also in some sims forum about others' apartments.
The problem was not solved in these forum.
But..have you tried to change the lot into apartment with changelotzoning apartmentbase cheat?

yes i did, now is an apartment building but it still unfurnished ,it never happend to me with yours others creations
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 11th Feb 2009 at 5:43 AM
Just feedback: the same thing happened with mine - even when I went into it in build mode, there wasn't much furniture. There is an odd bit here and there, that's all. Not that it matters, but I do love the way you do your interiors!
Mad Poster
#13 Old 11th Feb 2009 at 10:01 AM
That's a real cool lot ! Great idea and very original. I love the way you presented it (great pics). I also love your sets of walls of Jan 24 on Sims2cri, they're GORGEOUS ! Thanks for sharing
Test Subject
#14 Old 12th Feb 2009 at 1:53 PM
There seems to be invisible furniture in mine. Is there some furniture I'm supposed to download for it to show up properly?
Test Subject
#15 Old 14th Feb 2009 at 3:04 AM Last edited by crusnik60 : 14th Feb 2009 at 4:15 AM.
I've already posted this in the thread on the forums detailing the missing furniture problem. However, since I first encountered it with this lot, I'm copy/pasting it below in the hopes that it will, perhaps, help everyone here as well.

"I believe I may have found a solution. I do not know what the cause behind this problem was, though I, too, encountered it.

My first step was to replace all apartment doors with a regular door, the first one offered, for simplicity's sake. Second, I changed the lot zoning to residential. I then saved and exited to neighborhood. I then re-entered it, replaced the regular doors with apartment doors so that it looked like it originally did. I rezoned back to apartment, saved, and exited to neighborhood. The lot correctly showed the apartment symbol over it at this point. I then re-entered with a sim, and all of the furniture showed up again.

Like I said, this is my solution, I can't begin to even pretend like I know the cause. Perhaps the game was reacting as though an NPC sim lived there and thus hid the furniture accordingly?

If this doesn't work, or you don't understand, please reply back. Reply if it does work as well, as I'd like to know if this works for others, not just me.

Hope all works well!"

EDIT: I have since realized that when you enter with a sim, you will still need to use the cheat to be able to select "rent furnished apartment" for the furniture to show up properly. This should get it to work/look perfectly normal as intended. Hope this clears it up for everyone!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 15th Feb 2009 at 6:57 PM
thank you crusnik60!
Quote: Originally posted by crusnik60
I have since realized that when you enter with a sim, you will still need to use the cheat to be able to select "rent furnished apartment" for the furniture to show up properly. This should get it to work/look perfectly normal as intended. Hope this clears it up for everyone!

Of course. For who sees "invisible" forniture entering with sim: it's normal!
Use the cheat for renting apartment furnished.
For others that don't see furnishing in build mode, try crusnik60's solution, it works.
Test Subject
#17 Old 5th Mar 2009 at 1:58 AM
This looks great! Thank you!
Test Subject
#18 Old 5th Mar 2009 at 4:15 PM
OMG! This lot is soo great! Thanks!
Test Subject
#19 Old 22nd Apr 2009 at 5:47 AM
awww ish so cute^^
Test Subject
#20 Old 13th Aug 2009 at 5:57 PM
I downloaded this and placed it into my neighborhood but when I entered the lot in build mode no furniture showed up. I tried the suggestions that other players said but nothing showed up. I then tried to add furniture on my own but it seemed as there was invisible furniture in the way. when i added sims they could not get to the furniture i placed.I even tried rent furnished apartment which didn't work. I do like the way the apartments are but it's not playable if the furniture has a problem showing up.
Test Subject
#21 Old 5th Apr 2010 at 3:03 PM
can i use this as a residential home? ive always wanted to make a home for my sims as if they were living in a small town but i can control them all (like 2 sims is one family,3 sims as another and 1 as a bachelor).
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#22 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 7:37 PM
You're the best ^^
Test Subject
#23 Old 10th Apr 2012 at 10:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alucard666
I downloaded this and placed it into my neighborhood but when I entered the lot in build mode no furniture showed up. I tried the suggestions that other players said but nothing showed up. I then tried to add furniture on my own but it seemed as there was invisible furniture in the way. when i added sims they could not get to the furniture i placed.I even tried rent furnished apartment which didn't work. I do like the way the apartments are but it's not playable if the furniture has a problem showing up.

i have exactly the same problem... invisible furniture :<
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 9th Jul 2013 at 9:53 PM
Thanks so much for this lot. I was thinking of building a little cul-de-sac or something that I can play one household for one sim week then move to the next. You saved me a lot of trouble and this is very awesome and beautifully made. Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 6:01 AM
THANKS