Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maxis Match Majors - University Majors to Match all Maxis-Made Careers

by charleeheart Posted 26th Mar 2009 at 3:42 PM - Updated 5th Jun 2009 at 8:01 PM by charleeheart

58 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 49 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Zombie Socks
#2 Old 26th Mar 2009 at 4:55 PM
Wow! Major awesome! Thank you!

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Test Subject
#3 Old 26th Mar 2009 at 5:15 PM
I have to say, I love you for this! I'd been avoiding downloading new careers/majors lately since my game is already so loaded, but I think I can cast all others aside and just use these. They're perfect! And good job on actually making the class names clever and fit in with the tone of the game. I especially love the class list for the Intelligence major. Again, thank-you so much for making these! I can't wait to play them in-game!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 26th Mar 2009 at 6:01 PM
Writing a Sims 2 career path: Clever! Clever! Clever!

I enjoyed just reading through the descriptions. Literal LOL !
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 26th Mar 2009 at 6:07 PM
Wow! This makes so much more sense!

OMG! MF Snakes on a MF Plane!!
August 18th everywhere
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 26th Mar 2009 at 6:15 PM
Fantastic! That seems to be very useful. Thank you very much.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 26th Mar 2009 at 7:59 PM
YAY! Thanks for putting them in separate downloads, too. This one should get "Picked"!
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 26th Mar 2009 at 8:03 PM
Great job! Your class names and descriptions are very well done; I especially love the second semester junior year class for Law Enforcement, as well as "Advanced Mudslinging" and the Paranormal class on the difference between Vampires and Plantsims. :-) Priceless!

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Alchemist
#9 Old 26th Mar 2009 at 8:25 PM
Very nice! My sims were getting tired of using the same what? two? majors for show buisness. Now they have the acutal one!
Scholar
#10 Old 26th Mar 2009 at 11:22 PM
I get an error when I try to unzip the education package of the seasons majors - tried downloading several times. Weird it's just one package erroring out. I'll try again later.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Test Subject
#11 Old 27th Mar 2009 at 12:16 AM
:]
This must've taken agesssssssssssss!
I love it! I'll download it when I have time ;]
Field Researcher
#12 Old 27th Mar 2009 at 12:20 AM
Oooooh, thank you so much! I'd been hoping for something like this for ages! *grabs all of them*

Please don't PM/IM me with requests
Test Subject
#13 Old 27th Mar 2009 at 12:28 AM
Hi I'm new at this changing the things in the game so please bear with me. I did just as instructed with no problems except I got an error saying the education package was empty. Help. Love the idea. Thanks
Instructor
#14 Old 27th Mar 2009 at 12:39 AM
So much work and so much needed. Shame about the education one. I get an error too. Perhaps you could look into it?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 27th Mar 2009 at 12:56 AM
Looking into the Education file. Thanks, folks, for the heads up!

| Bookworm | Family-Oriented | Good | Hopeless Romantic | Loner |
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 27th Mar 2009 at 1:38 AM Last edited by charleeheart : 27th Mar 2009 at 11:15 PM.
*UPDATE* Education file should be fixed now. Please re-download. Sorry 'bout that!!

Test Subject
#17 Old 27th Mar 2009 at 4:34 AM
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU... and did I say THANK YOU?
Field Researcher
#18 Old 27th Mar 2009 at 6:42 AM
wow you have done a brilliant job, excellent
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 27th Mar 2009 at 7:52 AM
Still having problems with the seasons education package. Will try again in few days to see if it has been updated

----------------------------------------------
We are all part of the tapesty of life. Weave your threads with the colours of peace, love and compassion my friends.
Alchemist
#20 Old 27th Mar 2009 at 11:42 AM
Yeah I'm having issues with the education package too.

I got all the other ones though, they're simply perfect!

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Test Subject
#21 Old 27th Mar 2009 at 1:23 PM
How very creative and cleverly written!
Instructor
#22 Old 27th Mar 2009 at 3:47 PM
This promises to be very useful. I too have been very frustrated with the lack of suitable choices of majors for some careers. Hope you can get the education major fixed. That is one I have really wanted. Still can't extract it from the zip. Perhaps add it separately?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 27th Mar 2009 at 4:26 PM
Okay, the problem with the Education major seems to have happened, because it was a 'transfer' student at mid-year (in other words, I added it to the zip file separately after all the other files had been finished), and it seemed to be having some issues with its new classmates.

I've sat the Education major in the Time Out chair, and gave it a good talking-to about playing well with others. (Then I created the zip file again from scratch with all the files together at the same time.) Now that we've started fresh, so to speak, Educaction should be ready to become a productive member of the classroom.

Lab Assistant
#24 Old 27th Mar 2009 at 7:46 PM
Thank you! I loved reading the descriptions for all these majors, especially the education one. I'm glad it's now behaving like a good little girl/boy (?) :D
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 27th Mar 2009 at 9:13 PM
Why do these 'transfer students' have to cause such a hassle, well at least that talking to seems to have worked have so now I've put its "little butt in the classroom amoungst its peers".

----------------------------------------------
We are all part of the tapesty of life. Weave your threads with the colours of peace, love and compassion my friends.
Page 1 of 3