Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Matched Mismatched Eyes

by HystericalParoxysm Posted 28th Mar 2009 at 9:59 PM

41 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 31 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Forum Resident
#2 Old 28th Mar 2009 at 10:13 PM
HP, This is BRILLIANT! I love it! Thank you so much!

Nacho average teen.
Other Stuff By Me.
Test Subject
#3 Old 28th Mar 2009 at 10:57 PM
HP, I LOVE YOU!!!

This is the most amazing thing! I love mis-matched eyes, but so far it's only been on my cats! Now I can make one of the characters from my (much unused) arsenal of RP plots/characters.

As always, cookies, cakes, and other goodies sent first-class by air-mail, and blessings upon your children. Oh, and kisses upon your lovely feet :D
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 28th Mar 2009 at 11:13 PM
...I love you.
I'm the one who posted on the creator's board asking about this, 'member? And I tried making a set of mismatched eyes, but I ran into some problems with the texture (the cyborg eye post says to resize by 50%, but my base texture didn't match up properly when I did that). And then my game blew up so I set it aside for a while. I'm glad I did. This is far, far more brilliant than anything I could have done. Thank you so much!

Now I can finally make my boyfriend-sim, while preserving one of his nicest features.

Delfine Productions. We care about cute.
Test Subject
#5 Old 28th Mar 2009 at 11:30 PM
Now this is fricken awesome! Thank you so so much HP :D

Also - I love your icon
Test Subject
#6 Old 29th Mar 2009 at 1:06 AM
Oh, wow, these are AWESOME. I've been thinking something that would allow for mismatched eyes that actually look like the kind of eyes I like would be lovely, and, ta-da! Something that does precisely that!

Seriously, I love these. The only way they could make me happier is if I actually had my own computer at the moment and could download and use them right now.
Bowties are cool.
retired moderator
#7 Old 29th Mar 2009 at 1:35 AM Last edited by mistyblue4 : 29th Mar 2009 at 1:54 AM.
This is amazing!! I've been wanting something like this for ages. Pure brilliance.

Thank you :lovestruc
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#8 Old 29th Mar 2009 at 2:04 AM
Very nice, was wondering when you were going to upload this project after you mentioned it in #create. Glad to see that it worked well!
Field Researcher
#9 Old 29th Mar 2009 at 3:24 AM
This is sweet! It will be fun to have mismatched eyes that don't look like one is a mutant or something since they don't look like the same type of eye.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 29th Mar 2009 at 5:13 AM
It's always weird to drop by and see that hey, people still use these things. Thanks HP . They are much improved.

Come hang out with me and SynapticSim at The Lair
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 29th Mar 2009 at 5:31 AM
These are quite awesome, but I notice that in the preview pics (not just for this download, but for other recolors) the textures seem a bit darker. Is that an issue with the mesh?
Test Subject
#12 Old 29th Mar 2009 at 5:42 AM
Thank you for making these! I actually tried to do something like this myself (I wanted to make a blind sim with funky eyes), but yours came out so much better than mine!
Test Subject
#13 Old 29th Mar 2009 at 1:45 PM
Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthaaaaaaaaaaankyooooooooou

::leaves cookies::
Test Subject
#14 Old 29th Mar 2009 at 2:01 PM
Thank you!!! I needed to remake my Yuna, but was just going to give her regular eyes because I didn't like the Maxis defaults! Yay!!!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 29th Mar 2009 at 2:38 PM
tonyaj7 - Probably a material definition thing - I did notice it in some shots when I was working on them but, tbh, it's so slight I didn't really bother messing with it.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 29th Mar 2009 at 3:11 PM
This will be perfect for my self sims as I have a heterochromatic iris myself. I was going to make a recolor of the mesh using my favourite defaults, but now I don't have to.
Thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 29th Mar 2009 at 6:36 PM
Awesome, but, didn't some one already do something very similar to this? >.<
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#18 Old 29th Mar 2009 at 7:43 PM
This is awesome!!! Thanks!
By the way... how have you done it??

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
retired moderator
Original Poster
#19 Old 29th Mar 2009 at 7:52 PM
erykah200 - If they did, I haven't seen it. Certainly could have - it's not like it's terribly complicated, but I looked here on MTS and didn't see any recolours of that mesh that worked like this.

aninyosaloh - In the material definitions for each eye, I simply pointed it to the regular eye textures "uuface-eye-brown" and so forth, and then deleted the texture from the recolour file.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 30th Mar 2009 at 2:02 PM
I think erykah is referring to the contacts that pull the textures of the default eyes. That's the only thing I've seen that does something similar.
Test Subject
#21 Old 1st Apr 2009 at 5:47 AM
Thank you so much, HP.
I've always wanted to have some mismatched eyes on some of my sims,
I'll download that mesh and then download this. :3
By the way, your avatar of House & the kitty:
PURE EPIC WIN. :D

"Life's only beautiful, because it's so fleeting, so transient..." - Deidara
Test Subject
#22 Old 1st Apr 2009 at 4:02 PM
I have mismatched eyes in real life! these are awesome. (:
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 7th Apr 2009 at 6:43 PM
Having tried these out in game, they work wonderfully, but I'm curious about one thing.
Is there any way to make them work with Anva's sclera?
I dunno how multi-layerable accessories work, just that the sclera and this mesh are in the same category. Although both are multi-layerable, this one apparently shows up on top. What would you suggest as a way 'round it? Would it work to recolor the eye textures with scleras?

Delfine Productions. We care about cute.
Test Subject
#24 Old 14th Apr 2009 at 3:08 AM
Thanks for these. These are awesome. Great work
retired moderator
Original Poster
#25 Old 14th Apr 2009 at 11:22 AM
delfine23 - I'm pretty sure Anva's sclera is a recolour of full-face makeup, which is a texture overlay to the eye. These are a recolour of an actual eye-shaped 3D mesh which sits just in front of the eye (like a scleral contact lens) and thus I don't think there's any way to make them work with Anva's stuff. Sorry.

Page 1 of 2