Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Fortune Teller Career

by joninmobile Posted 22nd Apr 2009 at 4:27 PM - Updated 10th Aug 2010 at 8:21 AM by joninmobile

24 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 19 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Inventor
#2 Old 22nd Apr 2009 at 5:40 PM
I'm going to translate it now. Grat job jon!
Not actually evil.
#3 Old 22nd Apr 2009 at 8:00 PM
I like this idea. I have gypsy clothing for gypsies, and there are lovely gypsy caravan homes available too. What I don't have is a crystal ball. If you could put a small note in your thread about how you got that picture of the lady holding the crystal ball, that would be great, thanks.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Banned
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Apr 2009 at 8:10 PM
I made a default replacement NPC using this tutorial

You should probably call the gypsy matchmaker on the phone to see her name instead of using sim browser, and I made her from an elder into an adult by selecting life stage: adult, ignore the part about the YACAS! (She should be made in CAS! screen) and the University in that tutorial. You might have to sign up for that website to view pages there, I'm not sure.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 22nd Apr 2009 at 8:13 PM
Wow! I think this must be one of my favourite custom careers so far! The idea is brilliant and it is so different from any of the maxis careers Thankyou so much for making this!

P.S.
Quote: Originally posted by joininmobile
and a kaching potion dealing with the increase of money
lol!
Alchemist
#6 Old 22nd Apr 2009 at 9:03 PM
Quick tip: Rom/Romany (gypsy) does NOT equal Romanian. That's a person who lives in the country called Romania. Please check your facts in the future, yes?

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 22nd Apr 2009 at 9:54 PM
Thanks for metioning me and great work on this! It really is a great career!
Test Subject
#8 Old 23rd Apr 2009 at 4:08 AM
Rom/Romany = Gypsy
Romanian = From Romania

And I'm pretty sure it's not all about palm reading and star gazing.

Geez.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 23rd Apr 2009 at 4:21 AM
Yes---finally!! Thanks SO much--I've been looking for a career like this (^_^)V!
Test Subject
#10 Old 23rd Apr 2009 at 7:14 AM
Wow. What an amazing way of belittling an entire culture. Great job. *eyeroll*
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#11 Old 23rd Apr 2009 at 10:29 AM
maiamorgen, Regardless of how inaccurate this upload actually was, I see now that the uploader has uploaded a new career and changed a lot of the descriptions, etc. Let's try and keep comments based on the new version.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
#12 Old 23rd Apr 2009 at 3:32 PM
Awesome idea
Typical
#13 Old 23rd Apr 2009 at 4:36 PM
*druels* Squee!!! So nice. Good job.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 24th Apr 2009 at 3:00 PM
Default Great career
You know, despite how offended people have felt and the rude comments made, fortune telling and most everything you have included in the career was very prevalent in the gypsy culture. My own family has a gypsy side and that's how the life was. I think people are reading too much into it, which is not anything new. Don't worry about it. I think though for the "just in case" incidents its better to have changed it like you did.

Great career, though, either way.
Test Subject
#15 Old 24th Apr 2009 at 8:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kinnika
You know, despite how offended people have felt and the rude comments made, fortune telling and most everything you have included in the career was very prevalent in the gypsy culture. My own family has a gypsy side and that's how the life was. I think people are reading too much into it, which is not anything new. Don't worry about it. I think though for the "just in case" incidents its better to have changed it like you did.

Great career, though, either way.

Firstly, they weren't rude comments. They were firm and honest. If so much time is spent in making a career, put some forethought and research into it.

Secondly, a "gypsy side"? What does that mean? And your family speaks for an entire culture?

Thanks for the update though, jon.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 24th Apr 2009 at 11:32 PM
Now this sounds like a fun career! I've always wanted to control the fortune teller and now I can! Thanks for the great idea! Now I have more of a use for all the gypsy clothing I dl'd.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 30th Apr 2009 at 11:08 PM
*rolls eyes at the bickering*

I love it, thanks
Test Subject
#18 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 4:31 PM
do you get the clothes an d stuff
Banned
Original Poster
#19 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 9:00 PM
No you don't get the clothes, it's just a career. :P
Test Subject
#20 Old 27th Oct 2009 at 12:27 PM
This looks like a cool and original concept. Thanks! :-)
Field Researcher
#21 Old 25th Aug 2010 at 3:48 PM
you get the ball too!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 2:55 AM
Also *Rolls eyes at the bickering* Oh the world of all those who must be politically correct so as not to offend anyone!!
As always I come in years after everyone else has been downloading forever... BUT
Great job on the new career!!
I love having options for new careers!! Especially ones that 'fit' in with my medieval neighbourhood!!
Great effort!! Thanks again =D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 6:36 AM
I always love careers thank you vary much for your good effort and work on your part :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 6th Mar 2016 at 1:07 AM
Thanks You
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#25 Old 4th Dec 2021 at 1:31 AM
Thank you.