Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#51 Old 3rd Jul 2007 at 12:05 AM
Uhm.... My main neighborhood with Maleki and my self sim and all those sims is called Devereux Village.When I started it I had a village founder family called(you guessed it) The Devereux' the entire family is unfortunately deceased(not my fault*whistles*), but that neighborhood is starting to get overly crowded so I recently started a new neighborhood called Simona Hills, and the first family I put it there? My legacy,lol, second family was a clone of Maleki and a sim I made that was meant to look like a friend, I failed miserably, but I liked her so she got kept So the neighborhood is very empty right now, but that never lasts long
Advertisement
Theorist
#52 Old 4th Jul 2007 at 12:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gwenn83
I'm terrible when it comes to naming my neighborhoods. Contest sims go in "Contest Land", legacy sims go in "Legacy Town."

:doh:

Same for me here. :D
My legacy sims leave in Legacyville. I must check though. I don't really remember the name of the neighborhood because I didn't play there since a long time.
Contest sims go in "Concours". Concours means "contest" in French. :p
Challenge sims go in "Defissimsville". I used to play the game by doing short challenges and it's named after my website. :p
Test Subject
#53 Old 5th Jul 2007 at 6:41 PM
I have two neighbourhoods on the go at the moment - a desert/arabianish one called Hamartia and a forested one named Hubris.

Sheer wonder, baby.

#54 Old 6th Jul 2007 at 4:22 PM
My longest running neighborhood is called 'The Summer Country', named after the Neil Gaiman short story. My second neighborhood is a medieval/Tudor inspired neighborhood that's called York County and includes all the sub neighborhoods with medieval-ish names.
Test Subject
#55 Old 6th Jul 2007 at 8:18 PM
My main Neigbourhood is called Randweird a combination of Random and Weird...kinda suits the place.

~Love is blind, i know this because you cant see me!~
#56 Old 6th Jul 2007 at 8:59 PM
the only 3 custom neighbourhoods i can remeber are my current: ardinia hills, my last one: winter wonderland and my first one: loveville and i can rember another called oasis valley but i think i got annoyed with that one pretty quickly
#57 Old 11th Jul 2007 at 7:37 AM
Maple Valley was one I made in getting ready for seasons with my Peps
#58 Old 11th Jul 2007 at 10:28 AM
I have boring "normal" names. Right now My custom hood is a small desert town called "Quiet Valley" and its shopping hood is Cwykes' sub-hood "Sedona Retail Park".
Field Researcher
#59 Old 11th Jul 2007 at 2:16 PM
Hubress (sp?) Point is the neighborhood that I currently play. None of the sims talk to one another, and all have large pockets! (Seems like the subdivision next to me)

I actually named the neighborhood that because my parents made fun of the nbhood next door, and I created it to poke fun, but it turns out that it actually is fun. :rollseyes:
#60 Old 12th Jul 2007 at 7:35 AM
My favorite neighborhood to play is Matthews City which i cant even remember why i named it that...the sub neighborhoods are so cleverly named downtown Matthews City and Uptown Matthews City (the shopping district-esque neighborhood)

I also used to have a victorian neighborhood named St. Brittania but i deleted that one a while ago because i never really played it.

Oh and then theres my 'experimentation' neighborhood aptly named E.G.E. Co. which stands for Evil Genius Experimentation Company. Yea that was a fun one. i remember i used to have a house and i tried to get these sims to each die naturally from all the different ways to die so i could have all the ghost colors on one lot. i also built this huge modern house and put in two people named test subject 1 and test subject 2 but then the house was so massive that the game would barely even run. good times, good times
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 12th Jul 2007 at 4:32 PM
The one and only 'hood I play is Suldanessellar, though I typoed it and it is one L short so it's "Suldanesselar". It's an Elven city from Baldur's Gate II. The story I have on the 'hood is that it's builded near ruins of ancient Elven city. I have some pointy ear types living there. I made my own Drow skins very early on. I also have a club house named after the city's queen in BG2.

The satellite 'hoods (university, downtown, shopping district) are Maxis defaults just slightly customised. Was too lazy to completely build my own instances of those.

A lurking translator who goes stealthily converting text strings into finnish when he feels like doing that, which is very rarely.
#62 Old 16th Jul 2007 at 6:04 AM
The current one I have is Cedar Lake, but I've also had a Lilac Valley and a Mandalay.
Instructor
#63 Old 16th Jul 2007 at 10:08 AM
I just made a new one the other day called Dandridge City and I quite like it. It's for all my sims with custom skin and eyes as I don't feel like putting those in my regular hood because they mess with the whole genetics aspect of the game..

Feel free to call me Squash

#64 Old 16th Jul 2007 at 6:22 PM
I have Lullaby Springs; which I think came from an advert for some obscure water company! I also have Godrics Hollow and Hogsmeade because I'm a loser.
I got rid of Veronaville because it irks me but I play a lot in Pleasantview!
#65 Old 17th Jul 2007 at 7:32 AM
I ignore the maxis made neighborhoods and steal the cool-designed houses, then move them into my current neighborhood I am going to create my own soon.. At least when i figure out how, :confused:.. Google it My Neighborhood names were and are:

Jericho - Will be my next.. (also my favorite)
BrightBridge - Last :smash:
IncyIsle - Current :P

Although i sometimes add names after them like Coastline, Beach, Hills.
I got Jericho from the show. lol. <3 That name..
Test Subject
#66 Old 17th Jul 2007 at 5:57 PM
Favorites but not yet complete
Verona Beach with Sycamore Grove Downtown
(after R+J the movie)
#67 Old 17th Jul 2007 at 6:15 PM
I have Kingly and Corrin County.
Kingly, I'm not entirely sure why I named it that. I made it back when I first got the game. All but one inhabitant and his kids have Maxis skins and eyes.
And Corrin County I wnted something with the initials CC because that wsa going to be where all my sims with Custom Content were placed.
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 17th Jul 2007 at 8:37 PM
My legacy sims live in Evian Heights..
and I have like, Oberst Land.. ohnoz, I think i'm obsessed
#69 Old 20th Jul 2007 at 7:52 PM
I like to use not-common/weird names. My current custom hood is Skygusty and my random crap/testing hood is Hominy Falls. I've had other hoods named Jackass Flats (from a Zenna Henderson book), Velveeta and Whitchididya.
#70 Old 21st Jul 2007 at 1:28 PM
I have one CUstom town so far and its called Sunshine Meadows.
Test Subject
#71 Old 23rd Jul 2007 at 7:20 PM
I have two neighborhoods right now, Iridescent and Umbertown (:
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 7th Aug 2007 at 12:14 AM
I currently have 3 custom 'hoods right now that I play. They're Viper Canyon (Desert), Arrowhead Waters (Small New England Town), & Newhaven Beach (Small Coastal, Californian Town)
#73 Old 7th Aug 2007 at 12:23 AM
I had a neighborhood I called "Victoria" with nothing but Victorian style houses and shops, and sims in Victorian clothes and hairstyles. But it was really lame so I murdered it.
Field Researcher
#74 Old 7th Aug 2007 at 1:22 AM
I seem to like the word "Azure" a bit too much, because I used it on at least 2 Sims neighborhoods. For example, "Azure Isles". I guess it's because azure is one of my favorite colors, and the word itself is pretty.

I've got ones named:

--Badlands, after the national park (of course, it's a desert terrain). It houses a self-Sim, and also a custom downtown with plasticbox's Backdoor Lane lots. It's my newest custom 'hood.
--Eureka!, for my alphabet LC (which has a math theme), because it's what Archimedes uttered when he discovered the concept of using displacement to measure the volume of irregular objects. Considering it's 27 generations, the Perimetron Family is the only one in the entire neighborhood.
--Phoenix Valley, which has mostly challenge households (Poverty, Free Will, one LC family). It's also the 'hood in which I do wacky experiments on my Sims.
--Emerald Lake, again with random Sims.

"Make believe in magic, make believe in dreams
Make believe impossible, nothing as it seems
See, touch, taste, smell, hear, but never know if it's real"
--The Cure, "More Than This"
#75 Old 8th Aug 2007 at 6:01 AM
I'm not so good at coming up with neighborhood names, and most of the ones I had before sucked and were really plain. So I won't name any of them. lol. I deleted all them neighbourhoods and made a new one. So at the moment my main & most played neighborhood is Pine Vista Pretty random, I know. But oh well. Its the hood that pretty much all my sims live in... And its got much nicer houses, etc. lol. My sims seem to like it.
Page 3 of 24