Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 4:50 PM
do you have to refertilize everyday or just once per plant? i hope its not everyday.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 5:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frito
do you have to refertilize everyday or just once per plant? i hope its not everyday.

Not every day, seems to be around once every couple of harvest cycles/few days for my gardener sim, but he's only got lvl 7 in gardening.

Might get better as skill improves and/or you get the green thumb or super green thumb perks, dunno.
Test Subject
#28 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 7:05 PM
I have a stupid question about story progression. Mine doesn't seem to be working very well, but in the opposite way that everyone's complaining about...

No one is moving out or having babies in my game. Everyone who was a child at the beginning of the game still lives with their parents, who will (or have already have) die(d) of old age. Then they live out the rest of their life single and childless. My town is becoming a ghost town.

I've manually moved some families in (and one of them had a baby), but I still have all the original families. There's been like 3 original families who had babies, but that's it.

Why aren't people moving/procreating?
Field Researcher
#29 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 7:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LindsFish
I feel like this is a really dumb question, but where do I buy seeds? I understand that I can plant a tomato as a tomato seed, and so on, but when my girl got a better gardening skill, one of the little messages said I could purchase and/or (forget which) grow rare seeds now... but how? Nothing else besides the few veggies I've planted are plantable... or am I wrong?

If you want rare-quality seeds, check in on your neighbors. I find my rare plants by digging around in their trash cans, and harvesting their plants where possible.
Test Subject
#30 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 10:02 PM Last edited by inabisim : 10th Jun 2009 at 1:24 AM.
I have a stupid question... has anyone figured out how to make the carpool stop coming??
Test Subject
#31 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 10:52 PM
Default fillin the fridge
I think I have tried everything but I still havent found a fast way of filling the fridge. Going back and forth from bag to fridge to place 1 apple each is starting to frustrate me. Anyone know if theres a quicker way?
Test Subject
#32 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 10:57 PM
Hold and drag your food on the little triangle in the top left corner of the food icon. It will move the all of the items in that stack. Click it and you can see each individual item.
Test Subject
#33 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 11:00 PM
How does my kid 'become a genius'?

he supposedly should have the genius trait, but i dont see it anywhere.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 12:00 AM
You make him have all As at school, and when he ages to teen, choose the "genius" trait.
Scholar
#35 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 12:01 AM
On the subject of game speed, be sure that you are not thinking of speed 4 as being the fastest. Speed 4 is actually "speed 3 untill current task is done". If you queue 3 tasks and then select speed 4, as soon as the first task is done the game speed drops back to speed one.

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
Test Subject
#36 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 12:23 AM
this might sound stupid.

but i got my female sim to fall in love with one of the male maids. Leroy i think?
shes pregnant with his kid but she still don't get the option for him to move in, to date, get married or anything.
whats wrong?
Test Subject
#37 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 12:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Katie-ryn
Hold and drag your food on the little triangle in the top left corner of the food icon. It will move the all of the items in that stack. Click it and you can see each individual item.

Absolutely love you!! Thank you very much!! :P
Test Subject
#38 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 12:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Katie-ryn
I have a stupid question about story progression. Mine doesn't seem to be working very well, but in the opposite way that everyone's complaining about...

No one is moving out or having babies in my game. Everyone who was a child at the beginning of the game still lives with their parents, who will (or have already have) die(d) of old age. Then they live out the rest of their life single and childless. My town is becoming a ghost town.

I've manually moved some families in (and one of them had a baby), but I still have all the original families. There's been like 3 original families who had babies, but that's it.

Why aren't people moving/procreating?

That's the same with my game. I was really excited to see what my family would do while I was playing another family and I came back after a week Sim Time and nothing had changed. I have Story Progression turned on so I'm not sure what's wrong.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#39 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 1:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TBalletToes
this might sound stupid.

but i got my female sim to fall in love with one of the male maids. Leroy i think?
shes pregnant with his kid but she still don't get the option for him to move in, to date, get married or anything.
whats wrong?

They have to have a really good relationship. Use more friendship interactions. To get married, first you have to ask to go steady. If you have not used the confess feelings interaction, try using it. But basically, it's all about their relationship level.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 1:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
They have to have a really good relationship. Use more friendship interactions. To get married, first you have to ask to go steady. If you have not used the confess feelings interaction, try using it. But basically, it's all about their relationship level.

It is also alot more complex than sims 2. Once the option for propose..get married or move in shows up DOES NOT always mean its there. The next time the couple interacts you have to build the relationship up again, IE have them do a few friendly interactions to get the move in option or a few romantic interactions to get the propose to option.
Inventor
#41 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 2:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frito

It depends on the quality of your plant and your skill level in gardening. The lesser quality plants will need more than 1 re-fertilizing before maturity but the excellent, outstanding and perfect plants will normally only need re-fertilizing a second time during their second life cycle. It's best to dispose of crop after it's given it's produce if it's less than outstanding so that you can plant in it's place one of it's produce and up the quality faster. Your goal in gardening is to get perfect crops.
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 2:13 AM
my sims wished for a baby girl after they were expecting; i've read on other forums and what not that eating a lot of apple will influence a boy. is there any special food or thing to be done to influence a girl?
Forum Resident
#43 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 2:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PaintedRain
my sims wished for a baby girl after they were expecting; i've read on other forums and what not that eating a lot of apple will influence a boy. is there any special food or thing to be done to influence a girl?
Watermelon
Field Researcher
#44 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 2:38 AM
How do you get a klepto sim to steal things from neighbor's houses?
Inventor
#45 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 2:49 AM
From what I read that someone else posted, you go over to a neighbor's house and get invited in and then ask to stay over and let your sim sleep on the couch and then when the other sims in the house go to sleep, you wake up your sim and right click on objects near them to have them steal them.
Instructor
#46 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 2:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bluegenjutsu
As for the clothes (I haven't tried this myself, yet), you are supposed to be able to select the sim and then click on dresser and choose their items and then be able to add 2 more of each type (everyday, formal, etc) to their wardobe choices without having to go to a store to buy them.

This does work. I love it, since honestly in Sims 2 the only time I ever went to the OFB neighborhood was to buy clothes or the two sims I had who owned businesses.
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 2:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tzigone
Watermelon

Really? That is good to know, thanks.

I am not sure why my name is now bs624_SC or why it thinks i joined in Dec. 1969, any ideas pm me. Thanks!

You can call me bs, bs624, or just Becky :)

I enter contests, but I haven't won yet, so don't be worried.
Test Subject
#48 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 3:56 AM
Has anyone else had a problem with Story Progression? I want to come back to my family to find more babies or that they married someone.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 4:13 AM
Here's a stupid one. How can I get my sim to play guitar in the park? Does the guitar need to be in her inventory?
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 4:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tzigone
Do sims still roll the "adopt a baby" want like they did in TS2?

Adopting a baby can satisfy the Have a Baby want.

Winning the Game
Don't be absurd. This is a Maxis game! What's to win? You and your sims can play unto perpetuity, getting into entanglements and trying to get out, and by the time you know it, it will be 3am your time, and you don't even have your teeth brushed...
--The Sims 1 Prima Guide
Page 2 of 385