Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Increased Texture Detail & Shine - TS3 Skin Replacements

by HystericalParoxysm Posted 5th Jun 2009 at 7:21 PM - Updated 16th Jun 2009 at 12:20 PM by HystericalParoxysm : Clarifying some points.

701 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 653 Feedback Posts, 47 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 29
Inventor
#2 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 7:31 PM
Huge improvement already! Many many thanks for the speedy mods x
Test Subject
#3 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 7:32 PM
Thanks for a ton for this! Great work.
Test Subject
#4 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 7:37 PM
Absolutely incredible. Thanks you for all the hard work! (And in only 4 days... yeeeesh thats quick!)
Test Subject
#5 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 7:37 PM
Can't wait to go home (from work... oops) and try these!! Thank you!
Test Subject
#6 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 7:45 PM
Could you make one with slight leg and arm hair, but no chest hair?
That would be great! :D
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 7:47 PM Last edited by RoyalRaspberry : 5th Jun 2009 at 7:48 PM. Reason: Hit the wrong button. :X
Ooooo, so much prettier! Thank you so much!!
Theorist
#8 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 7:54 PM
Great work, I'm amazed that this was made so quickly! I noticed yesterday how dead sims look when they're outside during night hours, it scared me a bit.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 7:56 PM
Thank you!! I was very disappointed in the skins that came with the game!
Field Researcher
#10 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 8:02 PM
Thank you so much for these! They look great! I simply cannot stand the way the default TS3 sims look. This will help me enjoy the game!
Scholar
#11 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 8:09 PM
The real reason that Sims 2 (and I hope Sims 3) have been so successful is due to the superb work done by modders to give us the game that EA should have given us. Many, many thanks for your continued creativity!

Imagine a world without hypothetical situations
Forum Resident
#12 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 8:11 PM
Huzzah! I don't even have the game yet, but this nudges me a bit further forward towards buying the thing.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 8:17 PM
Absolutely fantastic! You can come eat my pasta anytime if you keep doing this kinda work. I really, like so many others, was not happy with the overall look of the skins in TS3. This should help immensely and I cant wait to see your improved versions!
Zombie Socks
#14 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 8:20 PM
*hugs and holds on* Gawd, but I love you!

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Test Subject
#15 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 8:24 PM
Simply amazing how quick you are providing the first mods!
Test Subject
#16 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 8:29 PM
So upon downloading Sims 3 for the very first time, we should download these files as well, before ever actually starting the game, for the best success, correct?

I haven't gotten Sims 3 yet, but I'm more excited about it now that these new skins are available.
Test Subject
#17 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 8:32 PM
The light skin looked a little green in the CAS. I didn't look in the game. But hey, Thank you!!
Field Researcher
#18 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 8:32 PM
When creating a sim, his skin is normal, after that if I try to reroll or change sex his head stays normal, but body gains slightly greenish tint. If I add another sim to family he is again normal, untill I reroll or change sex. I installed detailed faces and bodies with nippples for both sexes, no shine.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#19 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 8:35 PM
As I said, they may look kinda weird in CAS. In lower graphics settings, I suppose they might look green (I don't know, I play things on all high) but tbh, what counts is in-game. I have tested rolling and changing sex and that works fine for me...

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#20 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 8:35 PM
I just wanted to add to the list of admiration:

Thanks a TON. This will make me enjoy my game a lot more, and really you've created nice works of art in the first week of the game's launch. I envy you. I thank you,again haha.

It's Like another world inside my computer.
Who can resist the sims?
Get to know me or ask me a question. Just click the link.
My page
Wiki Wizard
#21 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 8:36 PM
First thing i did when i saw this was lol at the blurring then i thought, be normal! And they look really natural, much better than the matt skin the normally have! thanks

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Test Subject
#22 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 8:42 PM
Hey, thanks for the upload, but im kinda dummy, and i replaced the resource data that i downloaded with the original resource data that the game bought, and i give click and all to play but my game wont start? any help pleasE?
Test Subject
#23 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 8:45 PM
First of all, thanks for this. They look really nice. I feel sort of like an idiot for asking, but you only download one of the options, right (or, one for male and one for female)? Like, you can't have both the Barbie skins and the more textured faces?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#24 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 8:46 PM
AlexiaAshford - Well, now you're boned. You shouldn't have replaced that one. Maybe there's an original on the game disk?

cateyedsnake - The body skins are separate from the faces. If you want the faces, download the face files. If you want the bodies, download one of the body types for each gender. If you want both, get both, just not more than one for each gender of the body files.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#25 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 8:49 PM
Thanks for the quick answer.
Page 1 of 29