Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 6:33 AM
The modders and hackers will deliver you that, Eaxis held off on it to make a quick easy buck.
Remember who makes the game truthfully enjoyable, not the ones that deliberately gimp the game to sell it off piece by piece later.

That being said: they can have parties and you can arrange things there.

I am, "The Man". I will get you down... Don't stick it to me... "Drink milk and be non-puntable"
Thank you Mimewhite for making the Seph trench coat.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 6:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ravvid: Phase -0
The modders and hackers will deliver you that, Eaxis held off on it to make a quick easy buck.
Remember who makes the game truthfully enjoyable, not the ones that deliberately gimp the game to sell it off piece by piece later.

That being said: they can have parties and you can arrange things there.

You do have a valid point. This game would NEVER have been that successful if it were not modded, by some of the most talented people I've ever known. I usually never have posted here, but now I'm regretting it. This site, in particular, made the sims franchise what it is today. If it is left in EA's hands it will surely die..

This site has to be the best I've ever known to keep this game alive. For that I thank all those involved.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 7:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by repaid22
Computer pauses the game.. runs the cutscene.. the gives control back after its finished.. easy fix

I do agree with you on the store, for sure. Some of the stuff they left out is beginning to make me believe that everything that we have come to know and love about this game, they are going to now sell us.. even things from the base sims 1 and sims 2 packages... really unsettling, for sure.

Ehm, or they could only do cutscenes for the active family.
._.

Winning the Game
Don't be absurd. This is a Maxis game! What's to win? You and your sims can play unto perpetuity, getting into entanglements and trying to get out, and by the time you know it, it will be 3am your time, and you don't even have your teeth brushed...
--The Sims 1 Prima Guide
Field Researcher
#29 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 5:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MINIggy03
no wedding cake, no champagne to toast, no arch and no wedding gowns...they gimped weddings. Severely.

Nah, its not "gimped" at all... You know they are going to have a Wedding Pack that you can BUY that will supply some of that... but it may take a few EP/SPs t get all of what we want...

<sigh>

Peace?

I am not bigoted for race, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, or age... I do, however, have a big problem with stupidity, and stupidity knows no boundaries.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 4:34 PM
More than likely, weddings will get revamped in an upcoming Party expansion pack. :/ I really missed the wedding arch. It provided a nice little scene to get married under. And it was easier to click on the arch and select the "Get Married" option rather than hunting down the spouse-to-be and making them walk to a specific spot and then clicking on them and trying to find the "Get Married" option. Serious fail.
Test Subject
#31 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 12:10 AM
i'm glad i'm not the only one who is having a little bit of trouble with this new system. I have only gotten my sims to go steady.
Page 2 of 2