Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#12226 Old 20th Feb 2024 at 3:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by stormcat3
I'm trying to kill off this one sim, so I've locked him in the basement. However, instead of killing him right away by sliding the hunger meter down as far as it will go, I want to torment this sim for a bit. So, I slide down the bladder meter... repeatedly. Not only is this guy going to die of starvation at some point, but when he does, He's going to die in a pool of his own urine!

My inner child can't help but giggle at this cruelty.

Maybe not. The game tends to do a reset if Sims are in the same place for too long. OR... that may be an Nraas thing?

Shiny, happy people make me puke!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#12227 Old 20th Feb 2024 at 7:42 AM
This isn't playing but I have been editing the game files to delete presets from cas. I want them gone because hiding is not enough for me. To do this you must open the fullbuild package and edit a resource called CASP. Every item in CAS, including tattoos, makeup, hair, beard etc. have their very own CASP file. When I extracted all the CASP files guess how many CAS things there are in the basegame? Over a 1000!

I had no idea there are so many!
Forum Resident
#12228 Old 20th Feb 2024 at 2:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hansyfk
This isn't playing but I have been editing the game files to delete presets from cas. I want them gone because hiding is not enough for me. To do this you must open the fullbuild package and edit a resource called CASP. Every item in CAS, including tattoos, makeup, hair, beard etc. have their very own CASP file. When I extracted all the CASP files guess how many CAS things there are in the basegame? Over a 1000!

I had no idea there are so many!

NEVER EDIT SIMS 3 PROGRAM FILES!!! If you mess up, the only way to get them back to original is to reinstall the game. Default replacements are made by copying info in the program files, changing something, putting them into a new package with s3pe, and placing in the Packages folder... sometimes, Overrides.

As the game starts, it "reads" files. Program files are read first, then to files in the documents folder. Whatever the game reads last, is what it will use. You can copy CASP from programs, edit and put them all into one package.

Test Subject
#12229 Old 20th Feb 2024 at 2:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadySmoks
NEVER EDIT SIMS 3 PROGRAM FILES!!! If you mess up, the only way to get them back to original is to reinstall the game.

Or I can just use the back up file Sometimes you have to edit them directly like when you want the bin sims gone. Great tutorial how to delete bin sims
Forum Resident
#12230 Old 20th Feb 2024 at 5:13 PM
Or I can just use the back up file Sometimes you have to edit them directly like when you want the bin sims gone. Great tutorial how to delete bin sims

Looks as that deletes ALL EA households. Don't see the purpose in doing that. If you want an empty town, use Nraas MC from city hall and delete Sims at the start of the save. Seems easier than messing with build and delta packages in programs, and safer too. But hey... go for it!

Forum Resident
#12231 Old 21st Feb 2024 at 12:30 AM Last edited by Deshong : 21st Feb 2024 at 12:47 AM.
I rediscovered this today.

You know when your Sim already fed the toddler in the high chair but another household member will prepare more food and sometimes will cancel the interaction by player input or a Sim picking up the toddler? So now there is a bowl of puree baby food that for some reason you cannot save for later in the refrigerator for the toddler's next meal time, however it can go in the fridge and Sims can autonomously eat it, thus not having to waste it since there are no interactions directly on the bowl. I forget though if it can be player directed to have a child or older to eat it from the fridge or if it's only autonomous. I will try to remember to test that the next time I play.

Hmm, I wonder why use a fork though, lol.

Edit: Oh yeah, while I am here I just remembered. Lately it annoys me how almost every Sim/household is considered rich, which is fine because maybe the neighborhood is high class. But that is not the kind of neighborhood, or at least yet, that I am playing and I enjoy the variance. Originally if I remember correctly, the default setting of what the game considers rich is $100,000. It is quite easy to gain wealth in TS3 since there is no economy/inflation/deflation/debt/mortgage/loans/etc.

So far I have very few households that have at least $1,000,000 so my new threshold will be $2,000,000 in order to be considered rich. I may change that in the future and raise it higher but for now that is a good start for me. I am curious though will any of my Sims ever reach a billionaire status? Of course I am sure not within one generation but over many, many generations.

NRass Retuner allows for so much fine tuning.

City Hall/Computer > NRaas > Retuner > Settings > General > By Tunable XML > Sims3.Gameplay.CAS > SimDescription > kSimoleonThresholdForBeingRich
Screenshots
Test Subject
#12232 Old 21st Feb 2024 at 1:38 PM
Looks as that deletes ALL EA households. Don't see the purpose in doing that. If you want an empty town, use Nraas MC from city hall and delete Sims at the start of the save. Seems easier than messing with build and delta packages in programs, and safer too. But hey... go for it!

No it deletes the bin sims. Nraas has nothing to do with it. I did go for it and I love it that i can load the bin much faster and I don't have to look at ea ugly!
Forum Resident
#12233 Old 21st Feb 2024 at 3:37 PM
No it deletes the bin sims. Nraas has nothing to do with it. I did go for it and I love it that i can load the bin much faster and I don't have to look at ea ugly!

You mean the Sims in your library? For the ones in CAS, go to CAS, select that Sim, then click the trashcan. Sims in edit town, click on those, the select the trashcan.

Test Subject
#12234 Old 21st Feb 2024 at 6:12 PM Last edited by hansyfk : 21st Feb 2024 at 6:31 PM.
You mean the Sims in your library? For the ones in CAS, go to CAS, select that Sim, then click the trashcan. Sims in edit town, click on those, the select the trashcan.

No you cannot delete EA premades unless you follow that tutorial.

Please, see the images I uploaded. If the family or lot is made by you or placed in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Library they can be deleted. Either using the trashcan in game or the faster way, removing them from the Library folder. If they are EA made, they cannot be deleted.

• If you want the Basegame EA lots gone from your Library folder, empty the Library folder in your installation location\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Library
  • If you want to delete Ambitions EA lots, empty the Library folder your installation location\The Sims 3 Ambitions\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Library
  • If you want to delete Generations EA lots, empty the Library folder your installation location\The Sims 3 Generations\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Library

Do that for every EP you have that you want those annoying lots be gone from the library forever.

And now to the Bin. The last picture I uploaded is from Bin view. You can get to the bin from CAS. All the sims you put in your SavedSims folder that is in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\SavedSims. Those can be deleted. BUT the logic is same as with the EA made lots, they cannot be deleted from game. That tutorial must be followed if you want the premade sims gone and the Bin will load so much faster just like the library!

Hope this helped!

Edit: I think you can use the launcher to install sims3packs which can also add custom made lots and sims but who the hell uses sims3packs anymore?
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#12235 Old 21st Feb 2024 at 8:32 PM
The scarecrow from Seasons actually worked!

My horse, with the brave trait, went to eat some pumpkin vines at the festival lot (it was fall and all the EA festival lots have pumpkin patches). She got there then backed away. I checked her moodlets and sure enough - she had the spooked moodlet (listing the reason as the scarecrow).
Forum Resident
#12236 Old 21st Feb 2024 at 11:08 PM
Hope this helped!

Not really. I refer back to the second sentence of my first reply. But, to each his own.

And I stand by what I wrote about never editing program files. It's usually a very bad idea.

Test Subject
#12237 Old 22nd Feb 2024 at 5:15 AM
Not really. I refer back to the second sentence of my first reply. But, to each his own.

And I stand by what I wrote about never editing program files. It's usually a very bad idea.

Sorry I really don't know how to explain to you what a bin is. It is not the library.

I think Lylarei, the person who made that tutorial knows what is a good idea or a bad idea. She has made functional sheep and a sewing machine which are an amazing mods! And Lylarei is the admin staff of this website. I think her work is really good and I love her tutorials

I just noticed she is working on bodyshop for sims 3! This could be amazing!!!
Forum Resident
#12238 Old 22nd Feb 2024 at 3:18 PM
Sorry I really don't know how to explain to you what a bin is. It is not the library.

I think Lylarei, the person who made that tutorial knows what is a good idea or a bad idea. She has made functional sheep and a sewing machine which are an amazing mods! And Lylarei is the admin staff of this website. I think her work is really good and I love her tutorials

I just noticed she is working on bodyshop for sims 3! This could be amazing!!!

I know quite well what the library and bin are. I guess that I am simply not so annoyed by a few EA premades as you are, to go thru my program files to remove them. Having more than 200 saved Sims, the few EA's aren't even a blip on my radar when scrolling. But as I said, to each their own... if it bothers you THAT much, go for it.

Test Subject
#12239 Old 22nd Feb 2024 at 3:26 PM Last edited by Algester : 22nd Feb 2024 at 3:46 PM.
Procreation elixir actually works during conception, pregnancy controller was going heywire with the values I was getting 30000% triplets, and 1500% triplets and true enough.... it was.... the wife got quadruplets courtesy of wohooer, and the mistress? Triplets so now.... my household is a glorified day care

The wife also unlocked video game development track... but she's raking in more moolah writing

This is also my 3rd pregnancy that involved said elixir so.... the 100 baby challenge? Can easily be done by smacking everyone involved with said elixir I guess

If you modded the pregnancy length of sims pregnant sims will not go to the toilet to relieve their nausea, fairy sims are probably immune to morning sickness

This last statement is what I'm trying to prod from time to time there has to be a "scenario" mod that kicks up the "scene" for it work
Field Researcher
#12240 Old 7th Mar 2024 at 5:51 PM
The hot dog eating contest stand from Seasons does not offer tofu dog alternatives apparently. Sorry, vegetarian sim. Better luck with the pie eating contest in the fall.
Page 490 of 490