Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Windfall Motel

by Sarasvati Posted 2nd Jul 2009 at 8:02 PM

53 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 47 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 8:30 PM
LOL
This looks useful
*thankies*

Tornado Drills: more effective than Ex-Lax.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 8:58 PM
Freaking awesome. I'll test it out.
Instructor
#4 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 9:00 PM
This is really sweet. My hobo sims are sick of sleeping in lounge chairs at the gym so they thank you very much :p

and as a side note, this reminds me so bad of an episode of Supernatural. Run-down motels are awesome :lovestruc
Forum Resident
#5 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 9:18 PM
Wow so many awesome lots today.
I was halfway through creating a motel in my neighborhood, now I can delete it :P
This is just perfect.
Test Subject
#6 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 9:41 PM
wonderful! Thanks much! :D
Test Subject
#7 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 10:22 PM
I can't open this file I get a message saying it is corrupted. Anyone have this problem?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 11:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thinkdinc
I can't open this file I get a message saying it is corrupted. Anyone have this problem?

Is it the .rar file you can't open or the sims3pack file?
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 11:32 PM
Social decadence and miserability! Alchoholism! Drugs! I like this place! xD
Test Subject
#10 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 11:35 PM
Oh. I see plenty of decadent, rotten, fascinating stories in the future of this amazing lot thanks so much!
Test Subject
#11 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 11:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sarasvati
Is it the .rar file you can't open or the sims3pack file?

when i try to extract the .rar file i get a message saying it is corrupt. help? i love this. i'm dying to put it in my game.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 11:53 PM
when i try to extract the .rar file i get a message saying it is corrupt. help? i love this. i'm dying to put it in my game.

Aha, most likely what happened is that the file corrupted during the download. All you have to do is redownload it and try again. If that still doesn't work, make sure you're using the most recent version of whatever archiving program you use. If it comes down to it, I can just send you the file via email, since it doesn't seem to be a prevalent problem.
Test Subject
#13 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 12:14 AM
I upgraded AL zip and Winzip, downloaded again, still get an error trying to extract:

Extracting The Windfall Motel.Sims3Pack Error: CRC mismatch in file "The Windfall Motel.Sims3Pack" in the archive "C:\Documents and Settings\dinc!\Desktop\MTS_Sarasvati_950124_the_windfall_motel.rar"
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 12:40 AM
I upgraded AL zip and Winzip, downloaded again, still get an error trying to extract:

Extracting The Windfall Motel.Sims3Pack Error: CRC mismatch in file "The Windfall Motel.Sims3Pack" in the archive "C:\Documents and Settings\dinc!\Desktop\MTS_Sarasvati_950124_the_windfall_motel.rar"

I've sent you a PM, we'll get this sorted one way or another.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 12:49 AM
Very "Silent Hill-esque".. I love it!!

~DidaDragonfly~
Test Subject
#16 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 12:56 AM
thank you. most excellent. finally got it to work. i think what happened is that the first time i downloaded it i had a bad connection. i did have a bad connection because it took 5 minutes to download. then the file was corrupted. i trashed it, downloaded it again, but it downloaded in like 1 second.... corrupted.... i did this like 10 times, same story. now i cleared all my temp files etc. and it downloaded in a normal time frame (about 15 seconds) and is not corrupted. so.... i think each time i downloaded it, it just used the temp file already on my computer.

thanks for your help and for this most awesome hotel. i'm going to make it into a flophouse for teenage runaways. think of the fun!
Test Subject
#17 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 1:09 AM
Oh my god. Thanks for this! I'm thinking an entire drug-infested, somewhat "dirty" yet somewhat "pristine" town. It's gonna be badass!

Excellent Underwear Model
to boot
Test Subject
#18 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 2:20 AM
dude...yes! This is perfect for my homeless sims!

<333 definitely downloading this sucker.
Test Subject
#19 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 4:35 AM
Awesome. This gives me a perfect excuse to load my custom station up with Tom Waits. Not that I needed one.
Test Subject
#20 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 5:25 AM
This looks really nice. There's one small problem with the lot however. The door of one of the apartments seems to be set as the front door, so the first thing any sim visiting the lot does, is to run straight there. I'm not sure if it's even possible to choose a front door on community lots though.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 5:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Slaphead
This looks really nice. There's one small problem with the lot however. The door of one of the apartments seems to be set as the front door, so the first thing any sim visiting the lot does, is to run straight there. I'm not sure if it's even possible to choose a front door on community lots though.

Sadly, there really isn't anything that can be done about that, since you're right, it's not possible to choose a front door on a community lot. wtb some kind of portal like the phone in Sims 2.
Test Subject
#22 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 10:47 AM
I think I used to live here with my mom when I was a little kid! Good job!
Instructor
#23 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 8:05 PM
I'm getting this gem. Makes for a good slum neighborhood. Great job.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 9:21 PM
I love this lot. It's so good looking. Great job with all the little details. Thank you.
Test Subject
#25 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 10:05 PM
it's like you read my mind
Page 1 of 3