Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 9th Aug 2009 at 3:50 PM
Thank you so much for your quick response.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 5:08 AM
Default ??
Quote: Originally posted by daluved1
Hello! I made a tutorial on how to edit and/or create a new base texture. I don't know if there's one already....I surely hope not.

Anyhoos, here it is:
http://www.sims2wiki.info/Sims_3:Cr...ew_Base_Texture

7-12-2009: Please reread Part II & III. It's been almost 100% redone.

Tweaking and editing is encouraged

I don´t know how to add my?? its a dds file when i had saved it but i don´t now how i do next plz help me
Typical
#28 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 10:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daluved1
Tweaking and editing is encouraged

Just made a few little minor edits. Good tut, BTW
Test Subject
#29 Old 22nd Dec 2009 at 9:57 PM
i'm trying to make parts of the clothes semi-transparent but i don't get it. i'm using the CTU v 1.9 and GIMP. i only succeed in making them (or parts of them) completely transparent or intransparent.

Quote: Originally posted by Valencay
When I open the file exported from Delphy's CTU, I get the background as transparent. And when I display just the alpha channel, I get transparent and black.

I have this problem too. i cannot add a grey color.

Quote: Originally posted by Valencay
(Doing a simple subtraction on the transparency works if I don't flatten before save.)

how can i do this?
Test Subject
#30 Old 8th Jul 2010 at 11:22 AM
recently just downloaded it, been trying my hand at clothes (which Im getting better at now btw ^_^) just wondering if theres like a plug in/ extra file or what not to edit the ambitions tattoos? or has no one gone that advanced yet?

~Simsoholic since 2000~
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#31 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 8:46 PM
_Phoenix_, CmarNYC has a tool for editing Amb tattoos.

letsdance0, what compression option are you using? If you use DXT1, you probably can't have grey in the alpha - using DXT5, you can.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
#32 Old 19th Dec 2010 at 2:57 AM
I want to make wallpapers not patterns. What do I did?
Test Subject
#33 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 9:19 AM
I am a bit confused with this tutorial.
I cannot delete the Alpha channell, it is not an option,
Do I need to mask to delete the alpha channell??

Also where do I put the design that I am wanting to make?
Sorry I am very new to this and I have been trying to do it myself but I am even more confused. ;AAA;

If someone could email me at [email protected] if they can help?
Thannk you!!!!!
Field Researcher
#34 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 1:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by blondeino3
I am a bit confused with this tutorial.
I cannot delete the Alpha channell, it is not an option,
Do I need to mask to delete the alpha channell??

Also where do I put the design that I am wanting to make?
Sorry I am very new to this and I have been trying to do it myself but I am even more confused. ;AAA;

If someone could email me at [email protected] if they can help?
Thannk you!!!!!

I can tell you how to delete the alpha channel in Photoshop, but I have never used any of the other editing software so you'll have to wait for someone smart to come along! In Photoshop, select the "Channels" tab on the bottom right side of the screen. There will be 5 layers there labeled RGB, R, G, B, and alpha. Left click and hold on the alpha layer and drag it to the little trashcan in the very bottom right corner. To add a new alpha channel, just click the box immediately to the left of the trashcan.
As far as how to make the tattoo, I can't tell you anything that isn't covered in nice detail in the tutorial. To summarize -- the white part of the alpha channel is where you want the dark outlines of your tattoo to appear on the skin. The black and grayscale areas of the alpha is where you want the colors (if any) to go. The colors won't show up like you want them to in the finished tattoo -- The RGB mask tutorial will show you how to make it colorable.
Test Subject
#35 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 11:56 PM
I have tried this program but it comes up with the follow error. "Could not find a part of the path C:\simsTextureUnitool\casparts\tfBodySwimsuitOnePiece.caspart" and it will not let me continue.

Also does this over-ride the original clothing part?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#36 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 12:36 AM
That error means that you didn't extract the second CTU file into the right place.

No, clothing created with CTU won't override the original.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
#37 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 4:37 AM
And where is it located? I know i am not the simpilist of people but i do get lost easy
Test Subject
#38 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 10:25 AM
Okay, solved that, but now where do i put the packages when i make them?
Test Subject
#39 Old 9th Apr 2012 at 2:14 PM Last edited by Hannah_Maria : 9th Apr 2012 at 3:35 PM.
I'm not very literate when it comes to doing things at the computer, but I figured that I'd make some tattoos that I like, but I'm stuck. I have the tutorial open, but I'm stuck at step 3 where I'm supposed to click "add new design". For some reason I'm unable to.
Test Subject
#40 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 8:55 AM
This is a great tutorial, but I think a little more hand-holding, for noobies like me, might be in order. Specifically I'm talking about the part where you list the things that can be done to the alpha layer. You say you can use the trace method, the cut-out method, or the subtractive method. What you DON'T say in the tutorial is HOW to do any of those three methods listed. This is where I'm stuck, and I'm sure many others are as well. Any way this can be made clearer? Thanks in advance.
Page 2 of 2