Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 6:45 AM
Default Do you have any ideas for a story?
Hi,
I'm kind of stuck, as soon as an idea pops into my head it goes away o.O

If you have any small bits or peices of and idea, or even a whole one, I'd like to hear it, so I can combine some ideas and make SOMETHING!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 6:50 AM
Make a family with a single mommy, and one teen. The rest are toddlers or children. The teenager has to take care of all her/his younger siblings because the mom is to busy just spitting out kids with random guys.

Sorry, I do that a lot and I find it fun.

My Website: http://thecrazyqueen.webs.com/
My Suckish Writing: http://www.fictionpress.com/~ghostanimal

My name is Kaya. Call me that.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 6:54 AM
Lol, I know, I make random stories for my Sims, though, the best one I'd have to say, though I can't say it's too good, is where you have this workaholic Dad and a loner daughter whose only friend is the Paperboy. The Dad can't even look at the daughter without being reminded of his wife, who dissapeared when she was a toddler. Then one day he meets her again, only to find out that she's married and pregnant. That's as far as I got planning it out, but I've just made the wife and the other husband, lol.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 7:03 AM
Haha. One of my favorite stories to play is twin girls with a single, workaholic dad. The good twin is attracted to a bad boy, and her twin sister, who is exactly like the bad boy, is completely against it because she knows how those people are and doesn't want her sister to end up with a deadbeat criminal.

Her dad is okay with it, and meanwhile tries to set the bad twin up with the good son of his coworker. They are mean to each other, but secretly like each other.

Field Researcher
#5 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 10:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rosebush23
Hi,
I'm kind of stuck, as soon as an idea pops into my head it goes away o.O

If you have any small bits or peices of and idea, or even a whole one, I'd like to hear it, so I can combine some ideas and make SOMETHING!

A story? as in to make a movie or just to play with?? >.< well i always make rich families that have odd pasts. My main one is a mafia based family.

The Mitchells they seem to get on pretty good in the public but behind closed doors the father is having an affair with his boss that alto girl and he's also cheating with the maid. The mother is having another child to add to her three other children. He now owns many of the buisnesses around town and gets along with every sim he meets. I based their house from the one of tomb raider and mixed in a bit of the spencer mansion from resident evil.

Another of my families is about a mum a dad and their two children they move to Sunset Valley after living in Vernoville for ages they wanted a nice change. They settle in nicely into a normal sized house. The daughter is a child she's not so keen on the change she misses her friends and her old house. The mother inspires to get a job at the salon the father he's a atheletic and wants to get to the top of his career and the teen son wants a love life ^^.

On sims 2 i was more into death blood based families. Used to love making houses that had basements which included blooded up walls and coffins no windows and passage ways around.

I had one sort of normal family they moved into a nice modern house which i created myself. The husbands mother had come along aswell. She sleeped in the spare rooms which were up a ladder

The dad was a evil man who always argued with his wife and the three children as kids would always listen and get upset at this. Then i made the dad move out later on and they were once again a happy family.

And the raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door;
And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming
Field Researcher
#6 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 10:20 AM
I miss the paranormals from the Sims 3. D;

Mainly because it helps me for my stories. I SO regret packing away my Sims2 because I REALLY need the vampires!

You see, I am a writer, and I use my Sims games mainly for writer's block. I just make the characters, put them how I imagine the house, then set them off on free will. It helps me describe the houses, how they act, what they look like and the stupid shit they do helps me find out what I want to do with my story.

Most of my stories concern paranormal beings, so I miss the paranormal creatures from the Sims2. ;[

Field Researcher
#7 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 10:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ghostanimal
I miss the paranormals from the Sims 3. D;

Mainly because it helps me for my stories. I SO regret packing away my Sims2 because I REALLY need the vampires!

You see, I am a writer, and I use my Sims games mainly for writer's block. I just make the characters, put them how I imagine the house, then set them off on free will. It helps me describe the houses, how they act, what they look like and the stupid shit they do helps me find out what I want to do with my story.

Most of my stories concern paranormal beings, so I miss the paranormal creatures from the Sims2. ;[

same i love writing im currently doing one based on a corrupt mafia based in this small town which i got my ideas from Newyork mixed with London. I do that but with mine i make them do what i want rather than free will. But it does help to describe places. My friend also does that always makes her characters but not into the houses she makes in her stories just any random ones.

I love paranormal stories i just have this obessesion with ghosts,vampires,zombies and werewolves. Which is why im hooked on resident evil ^^ lol zombies. I wonder if they will bring them back in.

Field Researcher
#8 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 10:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Diamond123Girl
same i love writing im currently doing one based on a corrupt mafia based in this small town which i got my ideas from Newyork mixed with London. I do that but with mine i make them do what i want rather than free will. But it does help to describe places. My friend also does that always makes her characters but not into the houses she makes in her stories just any random ones.

I love paranormal stories i just have this obessesion with ghosts,vampires,zombies and werewolves. Which is why im hooked on resident evil ^^ lol zombies. I wonder if they will bring them back in.

Rofl same here. I love paranormal stories, but I HATED Twilight. I am going to stop talking about all of this because I am getting off topic and do not wish to get banned/deleted or something. >>
I dun wanna though cause this is an awesome convo. Dx

Field Researcher
#9 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 2:31 PM
I haven't been actually playing for a while, but I am going in game to get the shots I need for my own story.

My story focuses on a runaway girl trying to escape an obsessive mafioso who's after the one thing she has that he can never get his hands on. For this story, I set up my scenes and take a bunch of pictures from all different angles, and then write from there. I let my snapshots tell the story.

As far as just playing and letting the story of my sims unfold, I find that I loose interest. My sim families all seem to lead the same lives, so I get a little bored and move on to the next family. It's a never ending cycle!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 4:19 PM
See, like with the Sims 2, I used to try about a million times to start up a story/movie/something. I got the house built, made the people, moved them in, and froze. I can get a million ideas into my head, I just can't put them into action.... DD::
Field Researcher
#11 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 5:32 PM
My only problem is that i'm usless with the camera angles so when i attempt to film my movies i can't get the camera right. My current one for when i get my sims 2 back is about vampires ^^ i like creating scenes were there is rooms of bloods and signs which say go this way reminds me of abandoned labs. So currently im making a storyline about this boy who's parents died mysteriously when he was young. So the nearest and closest friend to the parents takes the boy in. The boy has no clue that the man himself is a vampire and ive got as far as that.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 5:35 PM
Yeah, I'm thinking of doing something like my life, where... Well... My Dad is a workaholic and my brother is apparently hot so all my friends want to talk to him and I get depressed because I'm ugly and... Lol
Field Researcher
#13 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 5:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rosebush23
Yeah, I'm thinking of doing something like my life, where... Well... My Dad is a workaholic and my brother is apparently hot so all my friends want to talk to him and I get depressed because I'm ugly and... Lol

Lol aww i think when you make stories which revolve around your life it's more realistic like more believe able because you don't have to worry your brain thinking of vampires and that.

hope it works out. I once made my family on the sims didn't look like us at all

Field Researcher
#14 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 9:55 PM
Haha. I made what my life is like, and what I want my life to be like.

Reality: My dad is a Workaholic and sleeps a lot. My mom is a couch potatoe that ignores me most of the time. I suck at school and am a published author. (In real life, I'm on my way to be one.)

My wish: My parents pay a lot of attention to me, and I have a big sister that really looks out for me. I'm an only child in RL. :D

Test Subject
#15 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 10:50 AM
my story so far is a married couple who get a 17 year old teenage housekeeper. Then the husband has an affair with her while his wife is away on business. She becomes pregnant with his child and gives birth to a baby boy. The wife knows nothing about any of it.

Anyone got any ideas what can happen next?
Alchemist
#16 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 1:11 PM
rosebush, you could try the Random Legacy Challenge, posted in the Challenges section of this forum. You roll for things like marital status, careers and goals for each generation.
Test Subject
#17 Old 23rd Mar 2012 at 4:04 PM
This is way late, but one idea I had was to write a story based on something true. Like a news story or a life event. I am writing a story about a girl with a large family who doesn't believe in things like love because if things that happened in her past. It's based on events from my own life mixed with fictional things. Like, the girl in the story is extremely cynical, and I am an optimistic person. The girl is also trapped in a life she hates, while I am no longer trapped in a life I didn't enjoy.

Since I'm writing about things I understand and I'm basing it on things that I experienced, I'm less likely to experience writer's block, which has destroyed every story of mine so far. The only story it didn't destroy was a story that was destroyed by my game crashing.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 12:32 AM
I am so lame, I just play sim versions of my family!
Test Subject
#19 Old 12th May 2012 at 7:30 PM
Mafia-type stories? Woah, I hadn't thought of that. As in, people who go around at night, doing "deals" (don't know how I'm gonna get round that one) and then deleting randomers until the cops get suspicious? *BOOM*
I'm a writer too, and the only things I can really do is stuff like the perfect family, and stuff like that.
But my writing is totally different, and if I could make Sims that resembled my chars, I'd screw it all up, and stuff.

PS. Does anyone know where I could find a foresty-farmlandish type of world (maybe to go camping, backpacking etc.) on The Sims 3 Website?
Test Subject
#20 Old 8th Aug 2012 at 2:27 PM
Default Regular life.
I just came with the idea, but you can make a village. You take the biggest lot, and make a school, gym, a few houses, a park, a hospital etc.

Or if you love baby's, just like me, make een hospital with a lot of pregnant people. And then download some stuff, like an incubator, cribs, hospitalclothes.
Or make a house full of baby's! One adult, 7 baby's!

Is there a tv programme you really like? Make this family, house, story in sims!
Scholar
#21 Old 8th Aug 2012 at 4:56 PM
My favorite stories in games I've had were ones that the sims sort of wrote themselves. I sometimes give my sims traits that aren't optimal and then I treat their wishes and wants and the story driver. Like I wouldn't flirt with a sim unless my sim got a wish or want to.

One story I loved happened by accident. My sim got romantically involved with a woman who had a husband. He asked her to break up with the guy and marry him instead. So she did. And she had three kids that my sim didn't know about. I had the kids live with the divorced dad, but I invited the kids and dad over all the time. It caused all sorts of funny stuff to happen. The new stepdad sim had the inappropriate trait and was always walking around in his pajamas, which made the divorced dad and stepkids boo and laugh at the stepdad. So it LOOKED like there was this little drama going on.

Another funny story was when I decided to make a sim based on the world of warcraft orcs. I made her green and muscly wearing a fantasy copper bikini. She was hot headed, atheletic and mean spirited along with some other things. I would leave her in a crowd and let her do her own thing. She would end up getting in a fist fight with at least one person with no prompting from me.

I think using your imagination and following the random whims of the sims can make for interesting stuff.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 9th Aug 2012 at 12:05 PM
The last story oriented gameplay I did was to make a family with a cheating dad (also hates children and everyone else to be honest), an emotionally unstable mom, a teen boy, a child girl and a toddler girl. Made daddy cheat on with multiple ladies which had lead mommy to shoot herself in the head (I have desecrate weapons mod). This caused their son to turn into a rebellious punk and their daughter to a introverted artist. Soon I moved in Morgana Wolff (who got pregnant from daddy) because the toddler's mood bar had been in red for days.
When the two adults decided to marry I moved out the teen and the child as if they had run away and now they are living in a grungy house like some hobos.

We are the Felegands. We will kick your ass.
Top Secret Researcher
#23 Old 10th Aug 2012 at 5:03 AM
Here's the story,
Of a lovely lady,
Who was bringing up three very lovely girls........

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 10th Aug 2012 at 6:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ghostanimal
Rofl same here. I love paranormal stories, but I HATED Twilight. I am going to stop talking about all of this because I am getting off topic and do not wish to get banned/deleted or something. >>
I dun wanna though cause this is an awesome convo. Dx

OMG me too! (I thought I was the only one using Sims for character development XD) Am I also the only one who makes the characters from their favourite books and tv shows? (And then creates a custom career to match? Haha I'm nuts. And yes, I hate twilight too. :D)
Test Subject
#25 Old 16th Aug 2012 at 2:47 PM
here's an idea you might like, i really enjoyed it

there are two sisters (both young adults). one of them wants to be a rich, five star celebrity and the other one is an adventourus, outdoorsy girl who wants to have a perfect garden. the first sister ends up getting "accidently" pregnant, lol i still used try for baby, with a celebrity just to gain celebrity points. she has a baby girl, eat watermelons, and makes it live with her father, having nothing to do with it until she is a child. by this time she already has another boyfriend when she sees her daughter walking down the street. she decides to go visit her the next day and falls back inlove with the child`s father. she breaks up with her current boyfriend to marry the father. they have another kid, baby boy, together. i now moved out the girl, she is a young adult now, and use her as my household.

it`s a bit complicated but i still managed it!

happy simming :D
Page 1 of 4