Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#26 Old 16th Aug 2012 at 9:30 PM
All of them had hair of gold,
Like their mother,
The youngest one in curls.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#27 Old 16th Aug 2012 at 11:49 PM
Yes yes, we get your point, zigersimmer!
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#28 Old 18th Aug 2012 at 12:46 AM
And then there came a billy-goat
who kidnapped the youngest in a boat.
He sold her off into slavery,
all hail the billy-goat's bravery!
Top Secret Researcher
#29 Old 18th Aug 2012 at 3:23 AM
What the hell is that?

#30 Old 18th Aug 2012 at 3:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zigersimmer
What the hell is that?
A story?
Scholar
#31 Old 18th Aug 2012 at 8:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zigersimmer
What the hell is that?

An emotional ballad about a brave goat with a narcissistic personality disorder and a girl with her wonderful fantasy journey across various sims neighbourhoods as a slave as she learns the true meaning of life. The goat, feeling guilt for once, teams up with the girl's family to track her down but then the family die just after they free her and the goat becomes her new family. Or something like that.

Boom. Story plot.
Top Secret Researcher
#32 Old 19th Aug 2012 at 7:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by babele44
A story?

Since you asked, I just happen to have one right here:

Here's the story,
Of a man named Brady,
Who was busy with three boys of his own.
They were four men,
Living all together, but they were all alone.

#33 Old 19th Aug 2012 at 10:23 AM
Ah, the sense of impending doom is very strong in this one.
They've been living alone for a long time? So they probably don't wash very often, have bad breath and lack even the most basic of table manners.
These four ruffians now set out to get themselves some women, and with the typical male sense of disproportion their uncouth eyes fall upon the beautiful mother with her beautiful daughters.
Yes, definitely, evil is afoot.

And now I suddenly understand why the author of those four lines I quoted above decided to call the goat brave. He is not the typical villain in that story but the actual rescuer of at least the youngest one, who, I suspect, is also the most comely. Even slavery seems a better fate than having to wash the dirty socks of four savage brutes and being doomed to an eternal life of petit-bourgeois sitcom hell.
This is clearly stuff for a future classic.

And in case you wonder, those four lines, despite their humble style, are chock-full with references to classical narration techniques:
- The raptus motif (the abduction) is part of the stock for stories as they were developed by the Hellenistic writers of New Comedy (in a way the precursor of modern sitcoms) and actually implies that the abducted daughter is bound to become the heroine.
- The goat, as I said, is the rescuer in disguise.
- In addition the goat is an obvious reference to the origins of tragedy. The term tragedy, as most scholars agree, translates into "he-goat song" and is assumed to link back to the Dionysian mysteries as they were practiced in archaic Attica.
- The sudden turn of events right from the start is a typical means to destroy the illusion of false harmony and became a widely used technique in early 20th century drama writings. Most notable in the plays of Bertold Brecht and the Theatre of Cruelties of Antonin Artaud.

Your turn
Test Subject
#34 Old 30th Aug 2012 at 6:45 AM
If you're interested in starting a legacy, I always find it fun to have make a married couple in CAS, have the husband die tragically and the wife become a ghost hunter. Then you always have the opportunity to have ghost babies! :D
Test Subject
#35 Old 15th Sep 2012 at 8:23 PM
Default Great Idea!
I don't know if you still need the ideas, but I found one on a blog that I really liked, and after all, it's not bad to have some extra ideas. So here's the link:
http://lifeinthesims3.wordpress.com/
hope it helps
Test Subject
#36 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 8:44 AM
I like to create a v. complicated story. There's a husband and wife, along with two twin kids, A y/a child and twin toddlers. The wife cheats on the husband with some boy and they have a child. The Y/A child then marries the boy and has a child with him. The husband has a child with the mother of the boy the wife cheated on him with. et cetera, et cetera. It's v. weird
Test Subject
#37 Old 2nd Apr 2013 at 12:27 AM
Ok Ok. So I did this before with my cousin. We made this couple (adults) and we made them woohoo a lot, not try for a baby, because we wanted it to look like the girl could not get pregnant. Oh yeah her mother lives with them, but anyway they decide to adopt a child (hopefully female cuz that's how my story went). The parents get jobs ad leave the rude, slob of a grandmother with that poor child. So one night the mother is chilling out in the hot tub outside and BAM the father falls in love with his wife's mother upstairs. Daughter (or son) "tells" mother and she cheats back on husband. Soon they take it out on their daughter/son which leads her to runaway.
Test Subject
#38 Old 3rd Apr 2013 at 10:54 PM
Expansion Pack
Quote: Originally posted by ghostanimal
I miss the paranormals from the Sims 3. D;

Mainly because it helps me for my stories. I SO regret packing away my Sims2 because I REALLY need the vampires!

You see, I am a writer, and I use my Sims games mainly for writer's block. I just make the characters, put them how I imagine the house, then set them off on free will. It helps me describe the houses, how they act, what they look like and the stupid shit they do helps me find out what I want to do with my story.

Most of my stories concern paranormal beings, so I miss the paranormal creatures from the Sims2. ;[

Get the sims 3 latenight! it has TONS of vampires with lots of new powers to them. It's personally my favorite expansion pack, but I lost the disk D:
Test Subject
#39 Old 3rd Apr 2013 at 11:05 PM
Default Slave
Quote: Originally posted by rosebush23
Hi,
I'm kind of stuck, as soon as an idea pops into my head it goes away o.O

If you have any small bits or peices of and idea, or even a whole one, I'd like to hear it, so I can combine some ideas and make SOMETHING!

In reading all of these posts (ik from a long while ago), I got the idea to have the perfect family; a wife and husband who love each other with two adorable young children, when one day everything changes. The wife is kidnapped by her childhood friend who had been secretly in love with her since they first met. He takes her into this isolate house where she can't leave and uses her constantly. She is forced to make all of his meals and never gain weight and even to leave her husband to marry the kidnapper.

But then she manages to escape the house one day while he's at work and finds her husband and kids. She woohoos with her husband and gets pregnant (but doesn't know it). She tricks her kidnapper into thinking that the baby is his and the baby girl grows up in the house, guarded from everything. She still goes to school but one day she meets her brother and sister but she doesnt know it. She goes over to their house after school and meets her father, and he KNOWS. He can tell that she's his daughter.

That's as far as I just thought. I'm gonna go start it now!
One Minute Ninja'd
#40 Old 3rd Apr 2013 at 11:28 PM
Sounds like a setup for the guarded girl growing up and falling for her brother, without knowing it's her brother. Could be interesting. Then again, sibling romance is hardly uncommon with sims. Seems like a complicated way to get them together. Maybe just bag all the buildup, have them all grow up together, and she can still romance her brother, (and her mother & father, if you're into that too) without all the machinations. Just a thought.................
Mad Poster
#41 Old 4th Apr 2013 at 1:19 AM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand then that leads into a Sim story about Genetic Sexual Attraction.
Test Subject
#42 Old 19th Oct 2013 at 5:05 PM
Here is a story line of mine.

It is about a little boy named Ivan who is the son of a brilliant yet troubled physician. His father, Victor has been driven to madness by the death of his beloved wife Amelia. She died after a visit to Egypt, when Ivan was just an infant from a mummy's curse. Ivan is shy and bookish. They live in the huge Victorian at the top of the hill. The one everyone in town refers to as that house, the haunted house, the scary house. He leads a lonely life with a father obsessed by thoughts of bringing back his dead wife. Victor has been seen late into the night holding vigils in the grave yard, talking to himself. He dresses oddly and was recently rescued by a neighbor who saw him passed out, naked and freezing to death in the grave yard. The rest of Victor's time is spent studying alchemy and trying to invent a time machine. When his maternal grandfather, Jack, comes to live with them Ivan's life changes for the better. He learns how to fish and skate and just have fun. Jack while saddened by his daughter's death he has long ago accepted it. He tries to convince Victor to socialize, going to parties and picnics in the park with his son. Jack is hoping Victor can escape his torment and become the father he should be to Ivan. Jack knows that there is a scientist at the research center who can supposedly bring spirits back. He won't tell Victor, bringing someone back might have consequences.
Site Helper
#43 Old 19th Oct 2013 at 5:38 PM
That's an appropriate storyline to raise a dead thread with.

And to keep this on topic: I had a brother and sister. The brother became the Emperor of Evil. The sister was Good, and became an International super spy. But they were both living in the same house, and were required to maintain a high relationship with each other. (He finally got a basement suite all his own, while she got an upstairs suite. It took 2 sim hours for her brother to declare her fiance a nemesis, but the fiance wasn't a blood relative so that was ok.) The game provided quite a bit of "story" just from that setup, especially with him having kids with any woman who flirted with him, married or not...

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
#44 Old 22nd Oct 2013 at 6:07 PM
A good story I like.
Hey. I got 2 ideas. Number 1 : A girl lives with 2 sisters (younger children) and she's a teenager. They leave home one day, away from their strict, annoying parents who contradict them at every turn. She lives on the run with her sisters, and they survive on the streets. I also have a name for this series... "The Downfall Of Us All,"

Or, my second one. A random man is following a young child. He watches her, and one day kidnaps her. She wakes up one day with a random other girl in front of her, who claims they're related in some way. The other girl knows the man who is following them both, and apparently he's related to them, too. Her name is something mysterious (something like Esme or .. err.. I dunno!) And she knows this because she was told by her own mother, who got killed by this guy before she could explain everything. This is called "Orphan Black," As the surname's 'Black' and they hardly know what's going on, and assume they've got no family or something.. I dunno. The first one's planned better.
Alchemist
#45 Old 22nd Oct 2013 at 6:28 PM
A heartbreaker, or a gay person that is struggeling with trying to have kids.
Mad Poster
#46 Old 23rd Oct 2013 at 4:22 PM
I gotta admit, I rather like Finnegan Sawyer (Starlight Shores).

One thing I get a kick out of doing...he gets so fed up with Madeline Buckshot being a diva and giving everyone an attitude (and feels rather bad for being a cause of the Buckshots' divorce) that he dumps her and goes off with someone else. And Madeline gets her comeuppance for what she did to Charlie.

Sometimes I create Sims that are based on characters in old TV shows I used to watch. In fact I like having a Sim in the singer career going by Jem.... LOL

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Test Subject
#47 Old 25th Oct 2013 at 2:30 AM
Make a story about a sim as us, the audience; start out with them playing the first sims and express how unique and innovative the idea is and worship Will Wright. Also start them out as a child.Then progress to the teenage years and be amazed at them sims 2. laugh.cry.do both. then cry some more. the next expansion comes, you fork out all your hard earned kroger's bagger job money on your sims being cashiers at a fake kroger's supermarket. become sad. Then you see the news about sims 3, you freak out, get excited, pee yourself a little. As the time nears you ask yourself what the hell happened to EA? oh well you already sold your soul to them at Sims 2, this is just a natural progression. Your mood changes from excited to annoyed. Oh well give it a try. You end up being amused by it but ultimately, it doesn't feel the same. What's this? a sims store?! You money hungry Capitalist money grubbers! spend $50 on useless add ons, you can get better quality from custom content but you're an EA whore, psh, not the same. a few poorly made EPs later and $3000 in credit card debt later The sims city comes out. you're worried what EA has done but still become hopeful.online connectivity in order to play. Proceed to bang your head on the keyboard. still spend $50 anyway. You decide that this is it. there has to be a way to leave for good. you make an attempt at eradicating yourself from the sims world forever. you play other games such as IMVU or maybe even try going outside and interact with people. you know, things your parents think is normal behavior for a girl/boy your age. time passes and you get used to it. bam you lost your job, failed a class, your mama spanked you, You're down in the dumps and you decide to go online for a little. You start up the computer, damn the internet is down, what now? The little plumbob is saying hi to you. come give sims another try. weeks later you're sucked back into the sims, 5000 new unnecessary CC installed. THE SIMS 4 announcement comes out! finally a way to redeem the sims series. You recall the first time you played the sims. all the high and low moments fog your vision and nostalgia hits you hard. you've heard it was a step up from the sims 2. the game sims 3 was supposed to be. Well better than nothing you guess, and hey no online connectivity! This time EA will get it right. You remain hopeful and count the days it comes out.

EA makes an announcement
LOL WE WERE KIDDING ABOUT THE ONLINE CONNECTIVITY THING. YOU NEED ORIGINS AND INTERNET CONNECTION. WE DECIDED TO MAKE A TRIPLE PLATINUM SUPER EXCLUSIVE CONTENT ONLY AVAILABLE FOR A LIMITED TIME. OH IT"S GONE NOW TOO BAD. NOT LIKE YOU COULD AFFORD IT ANYWAY. BY THE WAY WE BANGED YOUR MOTHER. NOW FORK OVER THE CASH.

.............................you don't remember how it happened. but there definitely was a loud bang. It didn't hurt, it went by too fast. Maybe now you will rest in peace.......

You wonder how hell connects to the internet.
Test Subject
#48 Old 6th Dec 2013 at 11:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LittleSquare
Mafia-type stories? Woah, I hadn't thought of that. As in, people who go around at night, doing "deals" (don't know how I'm gonna get round that one) and then deleting randomers until the cops get suspicious? *BOOM*
I'm a writer too, and the only things I can really do is stuff like the perfect family, and stuff like that.
But my writing is totally different, and if I could make Sims that resembled my chars, I'd screw it all up, and stuff.

PS. Does anyone know where I could find a foresty-farmlandish type of world (maybe to go camping, backpacking etc.) on The Sims 3 Website?

Little Square Riverview is a good town for stuff like that its farmy
Top Secret Researcher
#49 Old 7th Dec 2013 at 12:49 AM
Somehow, I don't think someone who hasn't been online since the middle of 2012 is going to see your reply.

Hey, I got a story! There is a sim whose life revolves around their job. This sim is a gossip columnist at a mid-level job and has set up her entire house to help her collect stories. However, because she's so good at her job, she gets promoted to editor of the paper. And she can't write her column anymore, since she's too busy with administrative activities, and her skills and even the setup of her house has become useless. So, she has to figure out how to get demoted without getting fired OR restructure her entire life.

I actually have a lot of ideas for sim families and am in the process of creating a neighborhood populated entirely by custom sims.
Scholar
#50 Old 7th Dec 2013 at 6:28 AM
One idea I had involves a teen sim girl in some futuristic, technological city finds herself to be the only one left alive after a mysterious plague kills all the other humans. The technology that made everyone's lives easier begins to break, forcing her to have to survive caveman style by growing crops herself and fishing. For added drama have a robot uprising or add some mutant raiders from the wastelands to attack her.
Page 2 of 4