Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 3:06 PM
Default Is there anyway to change songs in TS3 default music?
I'm not sure this should be in the "Sim3 Help" or not?
So please bear with me.

I love music so I use CUSTOM MUSIC all the time.
But....with TS3 defaults music such as indie, pop, electronica etc...
CAN WE PUT OUR OWN SONGS IN THOSE CATEGORIES?

I tried looking for the folders but can't find any.
In OPTIONS (launcher) you can find sound/music categories(for building, CAS etc.) but I can't locate the origin in any TS3 folders.

Anybody has any clues, pls.

Thank you ever so much.

PS.I missed so much the way you can play varieties of music on the stereo in TS2. Pop/Disco etc. and you can put your owns songs into each categories. Not all custom songs go to CUSTOM MUSIC only.
Oh, and in TS2 you can skip songs too!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 4:33 PM
There's no way to do it. The folders for the other stations were left out on purpose as the music files for those default stations are packaged in a different way. I don't really remember specifically, but people found out the default songs aren't mp3 files even, they're in some other format and placed in one single lump file or something or other...

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 12:37 PM
Thank you very much,Shimrod.

So sadddd...
(Hold my head down in disappoinment )
Forum Resident
#4 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 12:41 PM
It does suck, I used to like categorising my custom music in Sims 2, but it's no longer possible in Sims 3. You *could* use this mod from MATY to rename the custom music station, but that's sadly as close as you'll get.
Test Subject
#5 Old 23rd Oct 2009 at 5:07 PM
can we change music in CAS???
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Oct 2009 at 7:56 PM
Today I just played the game again- building new town and I just had an exact thought as yours, adirgeforher!!
(while listening to the build/CAS mode music, of course. Sour to the ears indeed!!)

I try looking for possibility of any mods to hack the music situation in Sims 3 since I opened my thread but...nope..not possible!

Soooo saddddd.*****sigh in disappoinment*********
Field Researcher
#7 Old 24th Oct 2009 at 8:39 AM
I've cried quite a bit over this aswell (not really, but almost :P) and my solution is that I keep my music playing in the Windows Media Player in the background. While the music in-game is on mute, of course. Usually when my sims decide to bust a move, it looks like they're dancing to my music anyway. xD
Test Subject
#8 Old 2nd Nov 2009 at 7:06 PM
there's NOTHING we can do?? i hate the cas music
and i spend sooo much time in cas LOL

its annoying to have to keep my laptop out at the same time as this pc lol
Banned
#9 Old 2nd Nov 2009 at 7:20 PM Last edited by Claeric : 2nd Nov 2009 at 7:46 PM.
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=354861

According to this you just put it in a folder.
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 3rd Nov 2009 at 12:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Claeric
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=354861

According to this you just put it in a folder.

WOW! Thanx so much, Claeric.
I'm checking the comments now to make it work for me.
(I'm a noob. Totally noob. )
Test Subject
#11 Old 26th Jun 2010 at 5:31 AM Last edited by we0905 : 26th Jun 2010 at 5:46 AM.
Vattenlilja, (silly me....why didn't i think of that? (sheeeeze)....) ...."is that I keep my music playing in the Windows Media Player in the background"
That's what i'm going to do from now on. (thanks for the 'music' EA- but, No Thanks!)

I believe that 'glitches' (invisible ghosts?) make their way through the custom music (mp3s). In my experiences - the stereo turns itself up loud - on high - or turns itself on while you're not home (If this is happening to you - get rid of the mp3s). I suggest not using them at all - unless (or until) someone comes up with a way to add our own music in a way that robs the game of having the advantage over you (your sim).
Mad Poster
#12 Old 26th Jun 2010 at 6:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by we0905
I believe that 'glitches' (invisible ghosts?) make their way through the custom music (mp3s). In my experiences - the stereo turns itself up loud - on high - or turns itself on while you're not home...

If your lot has any of the Garden Gnomes, it is the Gnomes doing this. They will also turn the TV on.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
#13 Old 26th Jun 2010 at 6:57 AM Last edited by we0905 : 26th Jun 2010 at 7:37 AM.
Shimrod101 ...No - no Gnomes - unless they're invisible. Besides, my lot is new....and my sim has never brought home a gnome - and yet - peculiar 'crap' is happening. It's a ghost - is my guess. and....the connection....

It's the mp3s Shimrod. I know it is - after playing and analyzing the reactions of the game for so long.

Vattenlilja has it right - just play our own fav music with our own devices in the background.

Oh...and do not pick 'Custom' music as your fav. Pick anything else (preferably that of a default sim you have an interest in) and stay away from the mp3s. (don't use them) - (thanks EA - NOT!!!!!!!!!!)

Just so you know Shimrod...I have no packages and no mods added to my game. The ONLY thing i added - were the mp3s.

Thankyou Shimrod, for your imput. I welcome it, anytime.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 26th Jun 2010 at 11:33 PM
I've never had any problem using mp3s in the Custom Music folder and station, and can't recall reading anywhere of anyone having the same type of glitches that you're having. Unless this is a different manifestation of that original music/stereo bug when the game was new: after playing a hood for some time the stereo would just crap out, it's still playing but the sound wasn't there. This bug was fixed at the time by the NRaas Super Computer and the 'Turn off all stereos at 3am' cleanup, turning off all townie and community stereos at 3am every night. I don't recall if EA has actually officially fixed this bug.

Test Subject
#15 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 6:49 PM
I find that the custom music channel doesn't help much. The sims keep changing the channel and I keep changing it back. I just isn't worth the hassle. What should have been done, was to have open .mp3 folders for all game music that we could could put whatever music (or anything else .mp3) into. A simple substitution. Why couldn't they do that. I usually run The Sims on mute otherwise I would probably toss the computer across the room.

Gord - the Mad Doctor
One of the Puppy People Lying Naked in the Periwinkle
Hacking the Human Race (ie - recombinating marsupial genes so nudists can have pockets) any other requests?
Mad Poster
#16 Old 21st Jun 2017 at 5:36 PM
There actually is a way to do so, but it's probably more work than it's worth.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 21st Jun 2017 at 8:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
There actually is a way to do so, but it's probably more work than it's worth.

So much work, even, that no one's ever really bothered to do it. Arsil made a custom radio station once, and we know it's perfectly doable, but no one can be bothered.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Test Subject
#18 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 12:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
So much work, even, that no one's ever really bothered to do it. Arsil made a custom radio station once, and we know it's perfectly doable, but no one can be bothered.

Im up for it, i just need them instructions and i'll see what i can do :D