Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Charlie's Angels Actresses: Farrah Fawcett (new version), Kate Jackson, Jaclyn Smith

by summersong86 Posted 26th Aug 2009 at 11:31 PM

13 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 11 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Field Researcher
#2 Old 27th Aug 2009 at 12:18 AM Last edited by Vera Marina : 27th Aug 2009 at 2:05 AM.
Summer, they are INCREDIBLE !!!
WOW !!!!
This new version of Farrah is fantastic and Kate is so real!
Amazing work! It's shows you had great fun making the pics, they are lovely!
I loved them, and I'm so glad you had answer my prayers!!!

MTS looks more "cozy" with your sims in the front page! :lovestruc

You know the way it twists and turns,changing colour,spining yarns
You know the way it leaves you dry, It cuts you up, it takes you high
You know the way it throws about,It takes you in and spits you out
Field Researcher
#3 Old 27th Aug 2009 at 12:48 AM
Dear, here is the link for ALL meshes from Helga at Black Pearl Sims (registration required)

http://www.blackpearlsims.com/showt...?t=21665&page=3

go to/downloads/FSF - File Share Friendly /Helgasims Objects /All Helgasims Hair Sets In One Thread /page 3/post #22/mesh 64

You know the way it twists and turns,changing colour,spining yarns
You know the way it leaves you dry, It cuts you up, it takes you high
You know the way it throws about,It takes you in and spits you out
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Aug 2009 at 3:06 AM
Vera thank you for the link to Helga's meshes. I actually got lucky that this submission was initially conditionally rejected. The mod who rejected Kate said the face was too long and that comment put me on the path to really improving Kate. It can be discouraging going through the approval process but sometimes MTS really pushes me to get results I didn't think I could get.
Banned
#5 Old 27th Aug 2009 at 3:45 AM Last edited by joninmobile : 27th Aug 2009 at 6:19 AM.
Kate's my favorite, and she looks just like Kate Jackson! great job!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 28th Aug 2009 at 9:35 AM Last edited by plasticbox : 30th Aug 2009 at 1:14 PM. Reason: No requests. Read people's profiles.
wow!! just like them!! that's just awesome
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 29th Aug 2009 at 12:58 AM
These are lovely! I have to agree with joninmobile: Kate is the best! One of the best celebrity sims I've ever seen!

~ Non ducor, duco ~
Test Subject
#8 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 2:22 PM
Hi, I tried to download your beautiful work but all that it said was that I need some expansion pack that I don't have. Well I have all expansion pack but the last one gardens and villas. It would be nice if you tell me what to do.
Thanks a lot
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 2nd Sep 2009 at 1:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nath40
Hi, I tried to download your beautiful work but all that it said was that I need some expansion pack that I don't have. Well I have all expansion pack but the last one gardens and villas. It would be nice if you tell me what to do.
Thanks a lot
Oh, hi, I got your PM. The PM confused me and I thought you were asking for general help, so I apologize if my answer was unhelpful. But I understand your problem here in your post better, and I think I know the problem you're having, but unfortunately I don't know any solution other than using Clean Installer.

I am using Mansions and Gardens, and that is indeed the EP I have installed on my computer when I created these files. But I had packaged them up in base game meshes--the clothes for Kate and Jaclyn are the ones found just in the original base game and I put the Maxis base game hairs on them. Farrah's clothes are custom recolors I made, but I made them out of base game items.

So theoretically your Sims game SHOULD unpack and install my pack files just the way they are. But this problem you are experiencing is a very old one and so far as I know nobody has ever figured out why it happens or how to fix it. The only solution I've ever heard of is to use Clean Installer.

I'm sorry if that causes problems for you. I sympathize--I was never able to get Clean Installer to work right after I switched to my Vista machine--though most people can make it work under Vista. I just don't understand why this problem happens or how else to fix it. If anyone knows another solution, please post it here and I'll see what I can do.
Bowties are cool.
retired moderator
#10 Old 2nd Sep 2009 at 1:54 AM
I love what you did with all the Angels, amazing work!!

On the side note, Nath40 could be on a Mac, and can't use Clean Installer, so maybe MacUnPac would do the trick? I know some of my downloaders had the same problem, but managed to solve it with that little app
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 9:27 AM
They rock! Kate Jackson always was my favourite and you surprisingly managed to catch that overall feeling of what her face looks like, I can't express it better (in english anyway), though it was no easy thing to do. Congrats, great job!
Scholar
Original Poster
#12 Old 6th Sep 2009 at 2:52 AM
Thank you. I do have to credit the moderator for Kate turning out a decent match for the real Kate. The moderator (whose name I do not know) rejected the first one I submitted with this set. (I'd attempted Kate and Jaclyn before and those were rejected, too, and rightfully so). It's really REALLY hard to take rejections or the kind of conditional acceptance where they tell you something needs changing. You feel that so much work you put into making your presentation has gone to waste. But at least they do try to give suggestions when they do. This time the suggestion to shorten the face helped lead me in the right path to fixing all the many tiny things wrong that added up to one big overall failure. So I have to credit the moderator who looked at this submission with pushing me, against my will, kicking and screaming all the way , to making this Kate far better than what I originally thought was my best effort.

Anyway, I wanted to give credit to the moderator because I could see he or she put as much effort into reviewing this submission as I did in presenting it. I've often grumbled about the submission process here. We all have. It's not an easy one to go through. But there are real people behind it and they apparently do care and aren't just arbitrarily rejecting things for the heck of it. The person who reviewed my submission showed it to other people for evaluation before making the rejection, in order to give me as fair a shot at approval as possible. I was really impressed.
Test Subject
#13 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 8:49 AM
oh gosh, you're gonna make me start playing sims 2 instead of sims 3 again.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 10:48 AM
nice cute outfits!! i luv themm