Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Shadow Guitar-*UPDATED and Fixed*[30/10/2011]

by xdarkshadowx Posted 19th Sep 2009 at 7:38 PM - Updated 31st Oct 2011 at 2:35 AM by xdarkshadowx : Fixed for compatibility with the new "Pets" 1.26.89 patch

53 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 49 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
#2 Old 19th Sep 2009 at 7:48 PM
very good i got tired of the guitar that was shipped with the game
Test Subject
#3 Old 19th Sep 2009 at 7:49 PM
very nice. thanks!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 19th Sep 2009 at 7:54 PM
Does this overwrite the other guitar or is it a separate object?
Test Subject
#5 Old 19th Sep 2009 at 8:12 PM
i just can't believe they removed the piano... thanks for this awesome guitar though
Field Researcher
#6 Old 19th Sep 2009 at 8:29 PM
excellent I wanted a more rockstar guitar than the accoustic one they gave us!

My Sims 3 Creations
Nothing matters. We're essentially all highly evolved monkeys clinging to a rock that's falling through space and the rock itself is dying. Frankie Boyle.
Just call me sam its easier.
Instructor
#7 Old 19th Sep 2009 at 9:49 PM
Hi darkshadow. Thanks so much for making. I was displeased by the current guitar. This is a great upgrade.

Now, I have one question. Has anyone had success finding the music files in the game files? If so, is it possible to edit/add custom music for the guitar? I've been meaning to search myself, but just thought to ask if you know of anything.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 19th Sep 2009 at 10:24 PM
Nice job, it's great to have a choice of more than just one guitar shape!
Mad Poster
#9 Old 19th Sep 2009 at 10:40 PM
Thank you very much, something else for my simmies to play.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Test Subject
#10 Old 19th Sep 2009 at 10:50 PM
Thanks a bundle!
Mad Poster
#11 Old 20th Sep 2009 at 12:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daman19942
Hi darkshadow. Thanks so much for making. I was displeased by the current guitar. This is a great upgrade.

Now, I have one question. Has anyone had success finding the music files in the game files? If so, is it possible to edit/add custom music for the guitar? I've been meaning to search myself, but just thought to ask if you know of anything.

This is an interesting question...good luck with that!
Instructor
#12 Old 20th Sep 2009 at 1:34 AM
Thanks. The old-fashioned one bothered me sometimes.
Test Subject
#13 Old 20th Sep 2009 at 1:44 AM
Its my birthday already. Wow thanks
Instructor
#14 Old 20th Sep 2009 at 10:24 AM

You speak my heart.
I tried making new thread on this once and the answer is NO, you can't change the default music.

Sho...shaddd...

Ps. Thank so much for your guitar!!!!
Test Subject
#15 Old 20th Sep 2009 at 10:52 AM
AHHHH I LOVE YOU, now my rockstar sim can have a rockstar guitar

I may not live forever...but i'll die trying
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 20th Sep 2009 at 11:13 AM

Actually Daman, I've tried all the folders that looked like you could put music in them and nothing ever showed up, so my guess is definitely not. It didn't even come up as an option for playing on the radio. What's the point of saying custom music as favorite, if you can't customize the music? Oh well, another great flaw from our dear friends, the EA Team!!

Awesome guitar!! Now I can have a better look when playing in the park. Rock clothes and an acoustic doesn't really go together. Thanks for fixing this, DarkShadow.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 20th Sep 2009 at 1:06 PM
Thanks for the guitar!

Quote: Originally posted by Panther559
It didn't even come up as an option for playing on the radio. What's the point of saying custom music as favorite, if you can't customize the music? Oh well, another great flaw from our dear friends, the EA Team!!

Hmmm... I always hear my custom music in the radio, I put it in My files\Electronic Arts\Sims 3\Custom Music...
Test Subject
#18 Old 20th Sep 2009 at 2:43 PM
Thanks for the new guitar. It's super awesome. =)
Test Subject
#19 Old 20th Sep 2009 at 3:42 PM
While the guitar isn't perfect, it is great having another guitar. I don't know too many rock stars who wear the outfits they wear, that would use an acoustic.
Test Subject
#20 Old 20th Sep 2009 at 5:37 PM
Marvelous - great job !

(How about guitars from Gibson, Ovation or Fender?)
Instructor
#21 Old 20th Sep 2009 at 7:00 PM
Well, any music placed in Custom Music must be an MP3 file, not MP4. That might explain your problem, Panther559. Hope so.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 20th Sep 2009 at 9:56 PM
who freaking ha!
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 21st Sep 2009 at 6:59 AM
Nice job!!! You just melted my face off!
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 21st Sep 2009 at 10:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by M0rgaine
Thanks for the guitar!

Hmmm... I always hear my custom music in the radio, I put it in My files\Electronic Arts\Sims 3\Custom Music...

Well, any music placed in Custom Music must be an MP3 file, not MP4. That might explain your problem, Panther559. Hope so.

And explained it you have, Daman. As stated, I've tried ALL folders, and I was wondering why it couldn't show, but they are all MP4 files instead of MP3. Guess I have to start converting, huh?

Thank you both, Morgaine and Daman, for assisting/helping me with my dilemma.
Test Subject
#25 Old 21st Sep 2009 at 12:11 PM
Rooock ooon!! Thank you LoL xD
Page 1 of 3