Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Select-A-Sim

by NekoCat Posted 11th Oct 2009 at 6:10 PM - Updated 13th Nov 2010 at 9:02 PM by NekoCat : Updated to fix "Corrupt Texture Compositor txt" error

49 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 44 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 7:17 PM
WOW

this is cool
Test Subject
#3 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 7:56 PM
This is great! I often have households with 9-12 members. Sometimes by choice, sometimes not.
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#4 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 8:00 PM
That's a great idea. Very useful to large families :-)
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 8:14 PM
Thank you

Thanks for creating!
Feel free of kindly correcting my spelling mistakes
Mad Poster
#6 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 8:39 PM
Ooh, I just had to break up my large family into two households for this reason and they're not happy with me!! :b Thanks for this very useful mod!!! :D
Mad Poster
#7 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 8:41 PM
Wow! I just had to break up my large family for this reason and they're not happy with me!! Thanks!! This is very useful!! :D
Test Subject
#8 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 9:23 PM
... I LOVE You!!
And this!!!!

I may not live forever...but i'll die trying
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 9:33 PM
Ive never had a household with more than 8 members, I didn't know you could have more! This gives me a number of crazy ideas... *maniacal grin*
Inventor
#10 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 10:05 PM
This is GREAT! I too have had to break up a household because I couldn't control the additional sims. Also, thanks for the tip on how to do it the other way. But, I will be taking this because it does sound much better! Thanks
Test Subject
#11 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 10:48 PM Last edited by Kilian1 : 11th Oct 2009 at 11:00 PM.
Sorry, where find I this Mod (AwesomeMod)? And must I pay for this or must I registriered there for this?

I've the version 1.4 - have I a problem?
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 11:42 PM
Great Mod ... Thanks!!!!!!!
Mad Poster
#14 Old 12th Oct 2009 at 1:41 AM
Kilian1, AwesomeMod is free, and I'm pretty sure you don't even need to register to download. Twallan's mod is also free. Charging for custom content is stupid and cool people don't do it. :P
Test Subject
#15 Old 12th Oct 2009 at 3:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ~Po~
Twallan's non-core mod also allows stuffable housing, btw. It's here:

http://www.the-isz.com/theisz/index.php?showtopic=2690

JMescado's core mod is here:

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,15185.0.html

Really? I had no idea Twallan's had overstuffed houses! So would this work with Twallan's?
Test Subject
#16 Old 12th Oct 2009 at 3:31 AM
Nice mod, had an idea though- it would be interesting if it were available as a crystal ball, for those mystic sims
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#17 Old 12th Oct 2009 at 4:06 AM
I'm glad you all like it It's helped my game a lot - I was finding myself ignoring certain sims because I couldn't easily select them and it was frustrating. But that's in the past now

Twallan's mod doesn't allow overstuffed houses. You can set the size of the household, but only up to 8. I think it may just be a pregnancy thing, I don't know for sure - you know - to keep your sims from having 6 kids or something. Also, his mod is a non-core mod. The only way to adjust the household size to be greater than 8 is with a core mod. They are two entirely different things. Hope this helps
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 12th Oct 2009 at 4:58 AM
Thanks NekoCat! I haven't really played the game in a while for this very reason of not being able to select my sims over 8 in house. It will be back into the swing of play now that you made this! Can't wait to try it

Fred

If I could fly high above the world, would I see a bunch of living dots spell the world stupidity? - Greg Graffin
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 12th Oct 2009 at 6:40 AM
Ideas...
Hey, I tried this and it's awesome! I may be pointing out things you have already tried and just can't do but... The one thing that would make it more awesome would be if it didn't go away after I selected a sim from the list. I think there should still be a way to close it but having it always open cuts out the time of having to open it every time to find a sim. Is this possible? Also if it was dragable one could place it in the corner and use it at leisure.

Fred

If I could fly high above the world, would I see a bunch of living dots spell the world stupidity? - Greg Graffin
Test Subject
#20 Old 12th Oct 2009 at 11:49 AM
Thank you for your help. I had read many Awesome-Sites and I must a Prescedo's Framework or Monkeyhelp install. But, if I install an another Core-Mod, I have many problems. I had install many rar.files, but some Mods is not gone (This mod and a Mod you can get a Five-Star-General).

Could you please, create a no-problem Mod for a normal User, that have no another Core-Mod. I've got an Idea:
Could you make a "fillet" on the face-picture-screen and when I've 9 or more Householdpeople, I pull the fillet down and I see my sim.
What think you about this?
(Sorry my english is very bad an I hope you can understand me.)

Best regards Kilian1
Test Subject
#21 Old 12th Oct 2009 at 3:26 PM
Was waiting for something like this. Thanks, works like a charm. =D
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 12th Oct 2009 at 3:37 PM
Cool, could you unselect a sim with this mod too?
Test Subject
#23 Old 13th Oct 2009 at 2:34 AM
wait how do you get to have more than 8 people in a household i added this but still get limited at 8
Test Subject
#24 Old 13th Oct 2009 at 3:13 AM
OMGOSH thanks so much! I REALLY needed this one! EXCELLENT WORK!

brouellette- check your pm's I sent you the link to the mod you'll need.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 13th Oct 2009 at 4:00 AM Last edited by FredSmith909 : 13th Oct 2009 at 4:16 AM. Reason: I wanted to
Quote: Originally posted by brouellette
wait how do you get to have more than 8 people in a household i added this but still get limited at 8

Scroll up and read, you will find a link to Awesome Mod.

Fred

Page 1 of 2