Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Nov 2009 at 3:36 AM Last edited by CmarNYC : 22nd Jan 2010 at 9:59 PM. Reason: Bugfix
Default BodyMorphMaker - beta test software
This is a new, GUI version of the program I wrote to make new BGEO files from morph meshes. To install: extract BodyMorphMaker.exe and salflibc.dll to whatever folder you want, keeping them in the same folder, then run the executable. There's an info/disclaimer screen that displays for a couple of seconds saying that the personal version of the platform I used is not free for commercial or research purposes.

To use; open the program, wait for the startup screen to go away. Fill in some information for the morph. The "CAS part morph name" should be the name of the outfit plus the morph tag - if making new custom clothing use a custom name, for example "afBodyShirtLong_cmar_special". The same instance ID is used in the game for the bblend, BGEO, and VPXY for each morph, and you'll need one to make a BGEO. If you intend to make a VPXY file you'll also need to fill in the group ID and give each morph mesh a unique instance ID.

In the morph GEOM files section, select your morph meshes for each LOD. If there's more than one mesh for a LOD, they should be entered in order: first the basic mesh, then the "-1", "-2", etc. I've never seen more than three meshes per LOD and that's all this program will handle at this point.

You can optionally save the setup as a project by clicking File and then Save. This can obviously be helpful if you need to test and make changes.

When you're ready, click the "Create BGEO" button at the bottom. The program will create a BGEO file named appropriately for import into a package using S3PE. If you're curious, you can click View and get information about the BGEO file (how many vertices in each lod, how many changed coordinates in the morph) and/or a text file with the full data. Same for GEOM files.

You'll also see a button to create a VPXY file - as far as I can tell the game doesn't actually use the morph VPXY or the morph meshes it links to, certainly if you change them and don't make a new BGEO the changes don't show, but it's strange that the game files include them anyway so BodyMorphMaker includes the ability to optionally make a VPXY just in case.

And there's a button to create a new BBlend file linking to the BGEO if you need one. In the next version of BodyMorphMaker I intend to include a simple CASpart editor to allow you to put links to new BBlends in.

Below you can see a screenshot of the BMM screen and of a pregnant morph I did today using it. The morph works, but the clothing only showed up for my pregnant Sim once in about a bazillion tries, even though I selected it as sleepwear first. Argg.

Anyway, feedback and bug reports are welcome.

Edit to add a link for Wes's Autonumber plugin tool for Milkshape. It's in reply #17 along with an explanation of what it does.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...613#post2864613

** 11/5/09: Update to fix bug in bblend file generation.

** 12/4/09: Update - added FNV hashing, CAS file editing, and various tweaks.

** 12/16/09: Increased range and flexibility to handle higher vertex numbers for shoes and custom body parts.

** 12/19/09: Fixed bug in CAS edit tool when used with CTU CAS files.

***** Download removed. Please go to this thread to get the latest version of MorphMaker, which combines the functions of BodyMorphMaker and FaceMorphMaker.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 2nd Nov 2009 at 12:13 PM
Excellent!!
Thank You!!
Test Subject
#3 Old 3rd Nov 2009 at 9:49 PM
Thank you!!!
This version is much more handy than previous one
I successfully made a fat morph for a child female bottom yay!
Btw, any suggestions regarding starting value for running Wes_h's AutoNum? I've noticed it does matter with what number you're starting... Need to use number that won't overlap other parts such as top, face and even hair
Hrm, maybe I'd better ask Wes, though maybe you have some observations regarding this?
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Nov 2009 at 10:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tantra
Thank you!!!
This version is much more handy than previous one
I successfully made a fat morph for a child female bottom yay!
Btw, any suggestions regarding starting value for running Wes_h's AutoNum? I've noticed it does matter with what number you're starting... Need to use number that won't overlap other parts such as top, face and even hair
Hrm, maybe I'd better ask Wes, though maybe you have some observations regarding this?

Glad you like it, and I'm very glad you've been able to use it successfully!

Hmmm... What I've seen in the game meshes is a starting vertex number of 0 for faces, 5000 for tops and whole-body meshes, and 15000 for bottoms. That makes sense if numbers start with the face and don't overlap. I've never looked at hair meshes. You can use the GEOM viewer in BMM to check starting and ending vertex numbers in meshes.
Alchemist
#5 Old 3rd Nov 2009 at 11:02 PM
And 30,000 for shoes, it seems.
But what I know came solely from observation of how EA meshes were built.

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Sockpuppet
#6 Old 3rd Nov 2009 at 11:59 PM
Also the toddler uses another range if i remember correct

I haven't come up with a complete custom mesh yet....it is so much work!
You need to make atleast 12 meshes, create the Bgeo's etc...
Test Subject
#7 Old 4th Nov 2009 at 1:05 AM
CmarNYC, WesHowe, acknowledged, thanks!
Base1980, toddlers don't have morphs, thanks god
And yeah, theres hell lot of work with all those morphs and lods and so on... that's why i started from children, they have just fatness slider :D
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Nov 2009 at 1:11 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 5th Nov 2009 at 4:33 PM.
Anyone making bblend files, please re-download - there was a bug.
Test Subject
#9 Old 13th Dec 2009 at 4:44 AM
I love this! But, I can't get it to work.

I think I'm missing something. Could someone who has it working give more detailed instructions?

I either get nothing, or the game partially freezes (the sim can't change, then game loads endlessly when trying to change anything other than the clothes)

As stated above, I think I'm not getting something right.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#10 Old 13th Dec 2009 at 5:08 PM
Did you try the tutorial for making a pregnant morph? It's the same process for any of the other morphs.
Test Subject
#11 Old 13th Dec 2009 at 7:00 PM
Yep, I went over it, but there weren't enough details for me to follow.

I tried to make a fat morph so:
-I put amBottomPantsLoose_athletic_fat for the cas part morph name
-Used the hash generator for the instance and group ID
-I used S3PE to extract the morphs amBottomPantsLoose_athleticathletic_LOD1_fat, amBottomPantsLoose_athleticathletic_LOD2_fat, amBottomPantsLoose_athleticathletic_LOD3_fat, and the CASP amBottomPantsLoose_athletic

I mostly guessed through the rest of this, so I was probably incorrect.

I generally only work with lod1 files, so I only modified amBottomPantsLoose_athleticathletic_LOD1_fat. Do I need to change LOD2_fat and LOD3_fat also?

-I uploaded amBottomPantsLoose_athleticathletic_LOD1_fat under LOD1, amBottomPantsLoose_athleticathletic_LOD2_fat under LOD2, and amBottomPantsLoose_athleticathletic_LOD3_fat under LOD3.

-Then I clicked 'Create BGEO'
-Clicked 'Create Blend'
-Clicked 'Edit CAS part file' and uploaded amBottomPantsLoose_athletic, I clicked 'Link to Project Bodyblend' under the 'fat' heading. I left the others alone
-I saved the CAS part file and then closed

-I then used S3PE to upload the BGEO, BBLEND, CASP, amBottomPantsLoose_athletic_lod1, amBottomPantsLoose_athleticathletic_LOD3_fat, amBottomPantsLoose_athleticathletic_LOD2_fat, and amBottomPantsLoose_athleticathletic_LOD1_fat.
Test Subject
#12 Old 13th Dec 2009 at 7:15 PM
I figured it out, I think I was overdoing it before!

Thanks! I'll leave a message if I run into any other problems. This is a great program!.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#13 Old 14th Dec 2009 at 1:35 AM
What I notice in your description of what you did was that you used the same name as the game clothing for the CAS part morph name. If you used that to generate your instance ID, you got the same instance ID as the game clothing and would have generated files that would override the game files. If you intended to do a default replacement with the lod1 fat morph altered, it looks like you did it right.

If all you need to alter is lod1, you still need to load the original lod2 and lod3 morph meshes into BMM in order to get a complete BGEO. Otherwise you'd get no fat morph in lod2 and lod3.

But I see you've solved the problem yourself so this may not be relevant.
Sockpuppet
#14 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 2:08 AM
Quote:
The "CAS part morph name" should be the name of the outfit plus the morph tag - for example "afBodyShirtLong_special". The same instance ID is used in the game for the bblend, BGEO, and VPXY for each morph, and you'll need one to make a BGEO.

This is the name of the custom mesh or do i use the original meshname i cloned it from?

Quote:
If you intend to make a VPXY file you'll also need to fill in the group ID and give each morph mesh a unique instance ID.

Were do i find the group ID, is it the instance ID when i view it in CTU?
Then again, do i use the basegame one or the one CTU has given me for my custom mesh?
thnx!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#15 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 1:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Base1980
This is the name of the custom mesh or do i use the original meshname i cloned it from?

Use your own original name - for example "afBodyShirtLongBASE_special". Sorry this is kind of misleading in the instructions - I'll change it.

Quote: Originally posted by Base1980
Were do i find the group ID, is it the instance ID when i view it in CTU? Then again, do i use the basegame one or the one CTU has given me for my custom mesh?
thnx!

Again, it should be the group ID for your custom mesh, not the original. Just open the package CTU created with S3PE (or whatever) and look for the group ID of the base clothing meshes.

I'm starting to think for the next version of BMM I should look into editing CTU packages directly and try to automate this process a little better...
Sockpuppet
#16 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 1:59 PM
Thank you very much!!
Cant wait to see the results :D
Sockpuppet
#17 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 1:17 PM
I am srry to bother you again but i cant get it working.
A cloned outfit with CTU has the correct Blend files in it correct?
I do not need to change the group ID number of those files?(there all 000 )
I just need to make new Bgeo files and add them to the package, fix the the instance ID and fix the link in the Blend file?

Somehow the linking get screwed, i lose the linking to the original basegame Bgeo but no signs of the new Bgeo.
I have this option in the blend file that allows me to view the Bgeo but it cant find the file......

And do i need to include the morph files in the package?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#18 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 5:02 PM
A package created with CTU will have blends linking to the original clothing BGEOs. You could extract those blend files and change the links, but it's easier to use BodyMorphMaker to make a new blend and to edit the CAS file to point to it:

Generate a BGEO and a Bblend with BMM, with your custom instance ID.
Click the 'Edit CAS file' button and open the CAS part file extracted from your CTU package.
Click the button to link whichever morph you're working on to the Bblend file you just made, and save.

As I've said before, I've had a problem importing files into CTU packages - you might or might not have the same problem. For now I advise extracting everything from your CTU package and importing them into a new package. Replace the CTU Bblend for your morph with the one you made, import your BGEO, and that should do it. You can optionally also create a VPXY for the morph and include that and your morph meshes.

You've given me more ideas on automating this process and integrating it with CTU, though. I'll be on vacation for Christmas starting this weekend (yay!), so should have a little time to put into it.
Sockpuppet
#19 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 3:05 PM Last edited by Base1980 : 18th Dec 2009 at 8:17 PM.
Thank you, ill try to finish one before you come back :D
Have a great vacation!!

Edit,

Yay, i am almost done.
I just have a small question.
When making the bodymorphmaker did you have to set how the morphs interact with eachother?
I have a issue were the morphs do not interact the same way as the originals gamemorphs do.
With fullbodymorphs this is hardly viseable but with this top(yes it is) the morphs start clippin at some points with the original game nude/undiebottom.
When using the the top slider only i have no problems(bottom slider must be central)
And vice versa neither(top slider must be central)
The moment i use both things go wrong.....

I made the morphs with the correct morph bottom in the background as reference mesh, so vertice/face position come close and i updated all boneassignements so they match.
I know this can work as i did so many times with sims 2 alphameshes.

Edit,
I rescaled the thin and fit mesh a little bigger then planned and the clippin is gone but i am not completly satisfied with it.
Thinking about it this could also be caused by the difrent skeletons used.
Screenshots
Sockpuppet
#20 Old 19th Dec 2009 at 3:18 PM
Another thing i want to add
I use Postal to add additional files and such and when adding the new Bgeo's i also had to fix the blend files.
Instead of deleting the blend files CTU created i loaded the ones made with BBM in the HEX tab of those.(i made the Bgeo and blend files with the instance ID i found in CTU)
And all worked fine!
This is by far the most easiest way not?
And thank you again for making this program!!!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#21 Old 19th Dec 2009 at 7:12 PM
Yes, I'm also thinking for CTU users it would be easier for BBM to modify the blend files instead of the CAS file, and best of all if it can do it in the package with no extraction. Should be pretty easy since the file size is not changed.

For your previous question - no, I didn't do anything to affect interaction between the morphs, and I don't know of any way they directly interact. They will be added together if you're using both fat and fit or whatever combination. Interesting that you had clipping - is it of the mesh or the texture? The only thing I can think of besides the skeletons is the 'bounding box' in the clothing VPXY?

And you're welcome of course!
Sockpuppet
#22 Old 19th Dec 2009 at 8:16 PM
When making the morphs for the dress i had the bottommorphs in the background as the dresstop covers the waist and pelvis of the bottom.
That way i could give the dress exactly the same shape as the bottom, and copy the bones.
When using the fat/thin slider ingame the bottom and dress moved simultaneously.
But the moment i also used the fit slider things went wrong, it looked liked if the fat and thin morph of the dress stopped earlier at the edges and then the bottom popped through it.(if that makes sence....)
I was so exited to make it work so i made the fit and thin morph a bit bigger then they should be and that solved my problem...
I do have a few screenshots from a early attempt wich shows wat i mean but those were caused by a wrong Bgeo and are very exaggerated.(the fat morph is missing in it, but the error is kinda the same..)
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#23 Old 20th Dec 2009 at 1:45 PM
LOL, I see! Would be interesting to see a pic with only the fat slider maximized. Combining fat and fit would give you a bigger Sim than either one alone, but clearly in this case only the bottom mesh was morphing fat.

It's working now?
Sockpuppet
#24 Old 20th Dec 2009 at 2:53 PM
yes, but not the way i had it in mind, im a perfectionist when it comes to meshes.....
I had another outfit(bra/nipples) wich also heavily deformed.

Almost start to think you can not rotate rows of faces/vertices as that is wat i roughly do sometimes before finetuning a morph.
Parts(vertices) between the basemesh and the morphs that are moved in a straight line(X.Y.Z.) are morphing fine but parts that are moved in a kinda curve/angle of eachother give problems.
Hope this makes sence.....

Will upload the outfit on SS2 as it is to naughty :D
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#25 Old 21st Dec 2009 at 2:00 PM
If you're trying to move vertices in a curve for a morph I can see that won't work - the morph is just a direction and a distance to move the vertex so it's going to move in a straight line. Moving at an angle should work as long as it's a straight line.

Looking forward to seeing the outfit!
Page 1 of 4