Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Sockpuppet
#26 Old 21st Dec 2009 at 3:06 PM
yes, i am almost sure that is wat i did wrong.
Uploaded, just waiting for aproval.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 29th Dec 2009 at 11:42 PM
Cmar: as you know, I've been working on making sliders from DBCAB's male default-replacements meshes, and I've come to a bit of a snag.

I created new base-meshes, default morphs(fit, fat, thin, special), and new slider morphs for Teen through Elder males. When I create the sliders for an individual age group using BMM and Delphy's Slider template tool, they work wonderfully. But when I tried using BMM and putting the three age-groups into a single slider, things go wonky. When all three morphs are put into BMM and put to a slider, it looks like the slider is referencing the default locations of vertices for all three base meshes.

I would assume this is to do with BMM only outputting a single section to the BGEO file, whereas FMM would output a different section in the BGEO for each age group?

Is there any way for functionality of both your morph-makers to be merged? I.E. is there a way to create a morph maker that would be capable of making BGEO files that link to individual age/genders like FMM, have the high vertex number/VertID limit like BMM, and have a full LOD spread (LOD0-LOD3)?

I know its asking a lot, and I'm probably one of very few modders who would use features like the ones I'm asking, but it would be a very powerful tool, capable of making some fun stuff.

Also, as you expressed interest in the project before, I have a full set (16 sliders) of fully functioning adult male, default-replacement bottom sliders if you would like to test them out.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#28 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 1:16 PM
Rez: Sounds like you've made great progress!

You're correct, BMM specifically does body morphs which are constructed to operate within the parameters of the four game body shape morphs, and can only take one age/gender.

Your idea of merging them is very intriging. Since 'face' morphs can also be applied to body parts the body morph maker is really a subset of the face morph maker. As it happens, right now I'm working on a new version of FMM to include all the morphable face files, and BMM's original functionality could be fit into that pretty easily - the user would simply add in only the meshes for one age/gender, lods 1-3 instead of 0-2. Ultimately this would also reduce my 'workload' since I'd have only one program to update and maintain instead of two with a lot of very similar code.

Your timing is perfect - I'm going to go in that direction and hopefully have a Universal Morph Maker ready for release by the end of the weekend!

And yes, I'd be curious to see what you've done so far.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 11:29 PM
Thats great news. I'm looking forward to it, but take your time; the various breaks I took from working on the morphs gave me time to discover the TONE file, do some UI mods, and start a re-write on the UI.dll, so who knows what additional damage progress I can do for modding with a longer break
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#30 Old 1st Jan 2010 at 10:09 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 22nd Jan 2010 at 10:00 PM.
Here's a rough draft of the new combined MorphMaker. Needs a lot more testing but the BGEO and blend creation should be working. You'll see the interface looks quite different, but it should read slider (FMM) project files okay. BMM project files will also read but you'll have to reload the meshes. Let me know if you have problems - you'll be helping me with alpha testing.

***** Download removed. Please go to this thread to get the latest version of MorphMaker, which combines the functions of BodyMorphMaker and FaceMorphMaker.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 1:24 AM
Excellent! I just tried making a combo body morph, and it works perfectly for BGEOs and Blends.

There were some things I noticed, the first was that the Hair button was not working, but I assume that is a future release. The second one was that when you click the buttons for importing the geoms, the title bar in the file-browser lists LOD1-LOD4 (i.e. when you click an LOD0 button, the title bar says LOD1, etc.).

I would also suggest, since for clothing YA and Adult use the same meshes, that a 'Copy to Adult' button be added for the YA section.

There was one other thing I noticed, but it may just be my computer since its been on for 4 days without a restart, that when making BGEOs and Blend files for sliders, that it would not produce multiple sets at once, and I was forced to restart the app in order to produce more than one set.

I will continue testing later this evening.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#32 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 2:11 AM
the Hair button was not working

You're absolutely right, that button is just there as a marker. I don't even know yet whether the hair morphs work differently from the clothing.

the title bar in the file-browser lists LOD1-LOD4

Oops. Will be fixed in the next version I post.

a 'Copy to Adult' button be added for the YA section

In the game there are no YA clothing meshes, so I assumed people will just work with adult clothing and intend to put a note to that effect in the help/instructions when I write them. The distinction is kind of meaningless, anyway - all the clothing (that I've seen) has the same age/gender flags and the classification in CAS determines for what age it shows up. So you get the same morph files whether the meshes are imported as YA or A.

Edit: and I just realized you probably meant slider meshes instead of clothing. I'm a little hesitant to add a copy function - while the same meshes are used for the YA and A bodies, the meshes for the face are different. Could be confusing, but I could put a prominent warning, I guess. Thanks for the suggestion!

it would not produce multiple sets at once

Are you starting a new project between sets, or opening a saved project? Either will clear out the variables - carried-over variables are the only reason I can think of for this to happen.

Thanks for the feedback and I'm glad the main functions are working!
Sockpuppet
#33 Old 10th Jan 2010 at 7:26 PM
Hey,
Love BMM, so much fun and easy to work with!!
Just a small question regarding the numbering of the vertID's.
Have you ever tried using diffrent numbering then the game uses?
The reason i ask is that when i make accesoires(bodyparts) that need to move along with either top/bottom or fullbodymeshes your program(or game limitations) force me to use 5000(tops) 6000(fullbody) game ranges. wich will result in duplicate vertID's when using them on existing meshes thus distortions....
I tried numbering from 100 and up but that didn't work.
At this point i am using a range between 7500 and 8000 to stay away from the existing vertID's but the more custom stuff will be released the more a problem this is going to be.
I hope i could make myself understandable as english aint my home language....

So could you program BMM so other ranges can be used or can we only use the ranges that came with the game?
Using other ranges gives me a BMM error when making the Bgeo.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 10th Jan 2010 at 9:31 PM
The most recent versions of BMM, and the Alpha version of Morph Maker both are capable of VertIDs much higher than the game normally uses. As of now, I have created meshes and custom morphs with vertIDs in the 50,000-60,000 range; the game handles these just like any other mesh.

About the error, one thing I would recommend is to make sure that you have BMM updated to the most recent version; earlier versions of BMM only allowed VertIDs up to 25,000, and would give an error if VertIDs were numbered above that. Another common issue when making Bgeo is that the mesh used is not an actual morph, so double check the comment in Milkshape to make sure that the only thing is the morph tag.

If neither of the above help, then post the error message in a comment here using the [ spoiler] tag.

P.s. If the bodypart you mentioned is the morphable Crammy you mentioned on the ISA forum, I look forward to the competition. I also look forward to seeing whatever the legendary Bloom makes (Thanks for the sexy feet!)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#35 Old 10th Jan 2010 at 9:43 PM
Base, have you tried using MorphMaker, which I posted a few replies up from here? It's more flexible and should be able to handle any range of vert IDs as long as they're sequential in the mesh. (Don't start with 200 and then skip to 50000 in the same mesh, for example. That probably wouldn't work for the game anyway.)

Of course, it's also possible the game won't recognize anything under 5000 for clothes, or won't morph the accessories at all. I seem to remember none of the game accessories have vertex numbers and therefore don't have morphs. I haven't tried that particular experiment yet myself and am eager to know what results you get.

If you still get an error from MorphMaker, please post the error text.
Sockpuppet
#36 Old 10th Jan 2010 at 10:43 PM
Going to try that version, thank you!
Yes, i once started with 100, that gave me a error...

But besides that morphing accesoires works perfect as long as you assigne the vertID's and change the format to 7 or 8 instead of 6.
Or, wich is often easier...you use a bottom or top and make it a accesoire
the only thing that causes trouble are duplicate vertID's
even assigning the skintone to accesoires is now possible, wich wasn't with sims 2.

I would love to show you some results but its all adult related(male parts/piercings etc...)
Will pm you when some of it is online!!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#37 Old 11th Jan 2010 at 1:45 PM
Thanks for the info - I'd love to see some of your stuff when you're ready. I've been thinking about trying to make translucent shirts and pants which show the body underneath, and it sounds possible from what you say.
Sockpuppet
#38 Old 11th Jan 2010 at 2:32 PM Last edited by Base1980 : 16th Jan 2010 at 5:17 PM.
I have made many of those for the sims 2 but i cant figure it out with sims 3....
I made a alphaskirt, a extra layer wrapped arround the nude bottom and i can make it translucent, but only like glass.
Its even possible to edit the lenght and such of it by editing the alpha's of the texture file but I cant figure out how to add a design to it so i can recolor it.(it can only use the textures that are part of the GEOM)
All existing game stuf that use a similar transparancy contain seperated meshes, exept the beard mesh...but that i cant use as it keeps a texturefile link in its CASpart wich gives you the beard textures on the face even when the mesh is moved or deleted.(the reason i asked you how to add the xml from the CASpart, few days back...)
I have a great file, its **hair for females and it works like the eyebrows, uses(and is linked to) the sims haircolor(if desired) but since its cloned from the males fullbeard all females wearing it will also have a beard :D
It must be possible, that i am sure of. Maybe when we know all specific info about the Materialsettings.
Here 2 crappy screenshots from a testoutfit

edit,
Quote:
but that i cant use as it keeps a texturefile link in its CASpart wich gives you the beard textures on the face even when the mesh is moved or deleted.

Quote:
but since its cloned from the males fullbeard all females wearing it will also have a beard :D

Got that part fixed(cloned the elder beard instead and made it adult)and works for the males, now if someone could enable the beard section for females i will be a happy guy

The frenchmaid outfit is up at adult site, i am not 100% satisfied with it, but will do.
Screenshots
Sockpuppet
#39 Old 19th Jan 2010 at 3:02 AM
Hey

I had a hard time finding out how to make the Bgeo/Bblend files with the new morphmaker tool as i had no idea were to load the morphs and (prolly because of that) the Bgeo/Bblend buttons didn't light up.
Did convert a male outfit using your first tool tho
You find it at my homepage.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#40 Old 19th Jan 2010 at 12:07 PM
Not sure how you used it to convert male outfits to female but those look really nice!

In MorphMaker you load up the morph geom files by selecting the age/gender from the buttons at the left and then the Select File buttons to find and import the files for the correct lods. (First pic below.) Make sure you've entered an instance ID, and when you click the Clothing button the BGEO and blend buttons should be lit. (Second pic.)
Screenshots
Sockpuppet
#41 Old 19th Jan 2010 at 12:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Not sure how you used it to convert male outfits to female but those look really nice!

I used a part of the male meshes, added the female waist on the base mesh and changed its morphs, renumbered the verts etc.
Then made new Bgeo/Bblend files, cloned the male outfit with CTU, set it to female and added the files.
Alot of work but content with the results.

Thank you for the info!!
I prolly was impatient and should have tried(filling in the boxes before going to the clothing tab....)
I will try again with my next project!!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#42 Old 19th Jan 2010 at 12:35 PM
A LOT of work - I've tried taking parts of meshes apart and failed miserably so I know how hard it is. Beautiful results!
Sockpuppet
#43 Old 19th Jan 2010 at 5:00 PM
Thank you , its the scaling of the meshes to the female shape wat took most of the time.(had to do them all 12....)

btw, i also have a error in the CTU packages after i added the Bgeo files.
If i want to add/replace a texture file afterwards, the old texture does get updated(CTU adds the new texture file) but the old DDS file also stays in the package, nothing to do with BMM but strange.
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 19th Jan 2010 at 5:22 PM
Schön wäre es wenn das jemand der Deutsch spircht mal zusammen fassen könnte damit auch Die User was davon verstehen um was es hier geht.

>>> translate with Google <<<

It would be nice if someone views the German spircht summarize therefore, the user could understand what it what it is all about.

Greetings

Harald
#45 Old 19th Jan 2010 at 6:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Base1980
btw, i also have a error in the CTU packages after i added the Bgeo files.
If i want to add/replace a texture file afterwards, the old texture does get updated(CTU adds the new texture file) but the old DDS file also stays in the package, nothing to do with BMM but strange.

Possibly this has something to do with the problem I was having with importing BGEO/blend files into CTU packages. (Delphy, if you see this you might be interested: The high dword of the instance ID would be magically changed to the same number being used by all the other files in the package. Turns out this was because CTU (very properly) compacts the package index with a default high half of the instance ID, but S3PE (not so properly) seems to add new files to the index without changing the format and rewriting, so the new entries get their high dword instance IDs overridden.) When MorphMaker edits a CC package it converts the index so there are no index header overrides, but I don't know if you used the MM function to add your morphs.

My impression is that CTU isn't really meant to modify existing CC packages. I could easily be wrong. You can always use S3PE to remove the extra files.
Sockpuppet
#46 Old 19th Jan 2010 at 9:48 PM
sofar i only added the Bgeo files to the packages and updated the existing Bblend files by importing the ones generated with BMM.
I still use the existing instance ID's CTU is giving the package.
Sockpuppet
#47 Old 20th Jan 2010 at 11:06 PM
srry to bother you again but i am still having issue's with the fitmorphs Bgeo's.
I made a few meshes now that need to follow the female body and while the thin and fat Bgeo works perfect, the fit has a mismatch.
I can fix this by adjusting the position of the fitmorph mesh in Milkshape but i am wondering if this is caused by BMM.
Could it be that the game uses a diffrent relation between the fit/fat and fit morph?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#48 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 12:39 PM
I can't say for sure - all I can say is that I've tested my code by comparing BGEOs I made for game morph meshes against the BGEOs in FullBuild0 and except for a few small rounding errors they match. Also I've experimented with one custom mesh by making all three morphs and they all work fine.

The game does treat the thin/fat morph differently from the fat one in the sense that thin/fat is one morph with two directions while fit is a separate morph and gets added to the effects of thin/fat. Still, if your new fit morph matches up with the body shape of the game fit meshes there shouldn't be a problem.

I'm not sure what you mean by saying there's a mismatch - could you post pictures?
Sockpuppet
#49 Old 22nd Jan 2010 at 5:05 PM
Oops......I just have to many files....
I was mistaken Cmar, i am sorry!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#50 Old 22nd Jan 2010 at 7:03 PM
LOL, no problem.
Page 2 of 4