Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 2:58 AM Last edited by Phaenoh : 10th Feb 2014 at 4:12 PM.
The Cheesecake Challenge?
I had a pretty random idea for a challenge, it's pretty much a baby challenge, only you have to make your sim eat cheesecake every time she gets pregnant
I haven't tried it yet, since my processor is on the fritz, but I am planning to try it. OFB is required.

The objective is to have 100 children, yet only having 50 births or less. Cheesecake is supposed to induce twins, so this is why it's called the cheesecake challenge. Also, it can be varied by trying to get the least amount of births possible, with the triplets and quads hack, found here:
http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php/topic,18.0.html
Of course, you are only allowed to download the random only version. To make it fair.

Is this easier or harder than a baby challenge? Both, I think. Four babies at once is harder than a baby a toddler and a couple of kids. but you don't have to find as many baby daddies for this one.

So, I'm pretty lazy to think out a whole lot of rules, but some things need to be cleared up, me thinks.
- Obviously, no cheating. Especially not maxmotives.
- If you go over 50 births, to be brutally honest, you lose.
- No help with the babies is allowed unless he/she is a teen that was one of the challenge kids.
- After the children are born, they are not allowed to contact their father, unless it is accidental. Say, a walkby, or a phonecall.
- Once again, obviously, the same baby daddy is not allowed to be used twice.
- If the household is full and there are teens in it, they must be sent to college.
- For some reason I cant fathom, your baby mummy isn't allowed to be family aspiration. Something like pleasure or romance aspiration is fun. Don't you love torturing your sims?
- Every time the mother gets pregnant, she must eat cheesecake. This is to prevent the likely chance of having a single baby, even with the triplets and quads hack.
- If you decide to use the random-only triplets and quads hack, you must leave the odds as they are.
- You have to make some attempt to complete your baby-mummy's lifetime want. She has to have some reconciliation for all the screaming bundles of... "joy" you're forcing her to produce.

Thats it, I think.I promised myself I wouldn't go on a long explanation of the challenge, but I did anyway. Here's a few more simple guidelines. A storyline, kinda. I have no idea what you might call your foundress so we'll call her "your foundress". Creative, eh?

Your foundress opens her eyes to a blue, pixellated sky. She wonders where she is, and how she got there. She tries to remember what she was doing before she "fell asleep" but she can't remember anything. She stands up, and feels unsteady on her feet, as if she has just learned to walk. She looks around. She sees flat green land with an empty blue distance. Everything is pixellated, and the deserted road looks terribly unreal. She is starting to come to grips with what has happened when she hears a voice. She cannot see anything, yet she knows she is in for a long, painful life.

Voice = You.
Your Foundress = Your Foundress
Empty green plains = Empty 5x5 lot.

So thats about it. Any questions? I will try this challenge as soon as I can, and tell you a hard-factor on a scale of 1-10.

I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!!!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 30th Jan 2010 at 4:34 PM
Oh my...
I will stink at this, but I will give it a try.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 30th Jan 2010 at 6:59 PM
I was planning to start something similar to this. An Adam and Eve neighborhood, were I would have 100 or so babies and populate the neighborhood with them. Eve being the mother of them all. But I hadn't considered a triplets hack, that would help a lot. I was also planning to decorate it all cave man like
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 12:44 AM
I uploaded my first part to the Sims 2 exchange, have a read if you like
http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/sto...asset_id=277184

Test Subject
#5 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 3:18 AM
Can the people the "Foundress" breed with be player-created or do they all have to be NPC's? I'm not a big fan of mods/hacks, I'm the kind of person that would lose a motherboard over that xD.

Just wondering. Otherwise, this challenge sounds right up my alley.

When prey softly outwits its predator... such is a sight to see...
Test Subject
#6 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 4:45 AM
Andreacat, I love all your posts! I don't have an EA account because that website hates me, honestly, but I love your work .

Sorry for posting twice in a row D:

When prey softly outwits its predator... such is a sight to see...
Scholar
#7 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 5:29 PM
I've just been reading chapter one of your challenge - sounds like it could be fun to try! However, I thought I ought to mention that you'd need SOME cheats other than the ones mentioned as you can barely fit 10 pregnancies into a Sim adult's allotted "years".

I'd be inclined to mention the elixir of life, possibly an age duration hack for adult lifespan and/or SimBlender to age them down when required/speed up pregnancy. "Aging off" wouldn't work as you'd then be stuck with umpteen babies/toddlers and then run out of space!

Just a thought
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 6:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndreaCat
I uploaded my first part to the Sims 2 exchange, have a read if you like
http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/sto...asset_id=277184

I love this part: Wisteria: "Hello? I need a taxi."
Taxi Company: "...?"
Wisteria: "Why!? You're a taxi company! You're not supposed to ask WHY! Just send a taxi or-or I'm going to have to walk a long way!" *slams phone down*
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 7:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by babyblueearly4
Can the people the "Foundress" breed with be player-created or do they all have to be NPC's? I'm not a big fan of mods/hacks, I'm the kind of person that would lose a motherboard over that xD.

Just wondering. Otherwise, this challenge sounds right up my alley.

You're allowed to create the baby daddies yourself, otherwise you'd be stuck with 100 ugly kids, which I would hate!
In fact, the second baby daddy for my challenge is a sim I created myself, I had played him ages ago, but I liked his wife better, so when she left him I kept playing her and abandoned him xD

Quote: Originally posted by Sims2Storywriter
I love this part: Wisteria: "Hello? I need a taxi."
Taxi Company: "...?"
Wisteria: "Why!? You're a taxi company! You're not supposed to ask WHY! Just send a taxi or-or I'm going to have to walk a long way!" *slams phone down*

That's one of my favorite parts too ^^ and the sentence afterwards "Wow, Wisteria, you're an expert at making threats." Thanks!

Quote: Originally posted by Selly_2009
I've just been reading chapter one of your challenge - sounds like it could be fun to try! However, I thought I ought to mention that you'd need SOME cheats other than the ones mentioned as you can barely fit 10 pregnancies into a Sim adult's allotted "years".

I'd be inclined to mention the elixir of life, possibly an age duration hack for adult lifespan and/or SimBlender to age them down when required/speed up pregnancy. "Aging off" wouldn't work as you'd then be stuck with umpteen babies/toddlers and then run out of space!

Just a thought

Of course, the elixer of life. How stupid of me to forget!
Yeah, the reason why it's good to try get their lifetime want and fill their wants in an attempt to make up for forcing them to have 100 children, is to get enough aspiration points to buy the elixer of life.

That answer all your questions? You're welcome to ask more.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 1st Feb 2010 at 1:24 AM
Well, it would seem that you guys like my challenge ^^ so here's the second part, I'm definitely not going to give up on this, as hard as it is >.<
http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/sto...asset_id=277290
Enjoy

Scholar
#11 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 4:06 PM Last edited by Selly_2009 : 2nd Feb 2010 at 5:09 PM. Reason: Added link to newly published story site
Have made my foundress:

Meet Keiko Laurell. This is just after she woke up to find herself in her new home. She's a Romance Sim (useful for seducing all those baby daddies!) with a LTW to become a Celebrity Chef. All I can say is good luck to her!

EDIT: Find my version at http://sims2samplier.weebly.com
Field Researcher
#12 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 5:46 PM
She'll need good cooking skill to feed all the kiddies though anyway!
Scholar
#13 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 5:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Croutonian
She'll need good cooking skill to feed all the kiddies though anyway!

True, true! And instead of buying cheesecake she'll be able to MAKE the stuff!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 3rd Feb 2010 at 3:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Selly_2009
Have made my foundress.
Meet Keiko Laurell. This is just after she woke up to find herself in her new home. She's a Romance Sim (useful for seducing all those baby daddies!) with a LTW to become a Celebrity Chef. All I can say is good luck to her!

EDIT: Find my version at http://sims2samplier.weebly.com

Awesome
Remember to please give me credit for the idea - It is originally mine and I would feel unjustified to not be accredited.
Good luck

Scholar
#15 Old 3rd Feb 2010 at 3:48 AM Last edited by Selly_2009 : 3rd Feb 2010 at 4:05 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by AndreaCat
Awesome
Remember to please give me credit for the idea - It is originally mine and I would feel unjustified to not be accredited.
Good luck

Of course! I should've thought of that. feels suitably humbled

Edit: Updated Weebly with new Credits page and link back to this thread.
Scholar
#16 Old 8th Feb 2010 at 2:53 AM Last edited by Selly_2009 : 8th Feb 2010 at 3:12 AM.
Sorry to double-post, but just thought you'd like to know that we've had the ultimate - quads!

If I can handle the next few sim days (they're toddlers; the baby days weren't that bad) I'll be able to pack the second set of teen twins off to Uni and Keiko will move on to her next conquest... Oscar Robinson!

Looking forward to seeing chapter three of yours too

EDIT: Never mind - found it!
Test Subject
#17 Old 16th Feb 2010 at 3:47 AM Last edited by Phaenoh : 10th Feb 2014 at 4:31 PM.
A new way to play the 100 babies challenge!
I'm sure that almost all simmers know about the 100 babies challenge. So, I've decided to give it a new spin. The point of the challenge is to have 100 babies but this time, using a MALE sim, meaning ALIEN BABIES!

RULES:
Your CAS sim MUST be male and he can't have family or knowledge aspiration
No cheats at all!
The elixir of life can be used to extend your sims life
Your sim can live in either a premade house or one you make yourself
When your kids become teens, they can't go to college UNTIL they have only seven days until adulthood
Your male sim can't get married
Children who grow up have to start their own homes, they can not move back in with the father

SCORING:
+100 for raising 100 kids to adulthood
+50 for every toddler who learns all three skills
+50 for every kid who gets an A+
+50 for every kid who completes college
+50 for every toddler/child/teen who grows up well
+50 for every child who max's all skills before going to college
-50 for every toddler/child/teen who grows up badly
-50 for every teen that doesn't go/drops out of college
-100 for every toddler/child taken by the social worker

If anybody can think of anything they want added to the rules, please just tell me and I'll add it

We'll go after the Italian's first; they can't drive and are usually drunk! ~America (Hetalia: Axis Powers)

My DeviantArt
My blog
Instructor
#18 Old 16th Feb 2010 at 4:58 PM
Oh my goodness. Is a modded telescope that guarantees abduction a cheat? I would get horrendously bored with this family given how rare abduction is in the unmodded game.
Test Subject
#19 Old 16th Feb 2010 at 9:24 PM
Default Yeah, that's fine
Quote: Originally posted by SimMegaptera
Oh my goodness. Is a modded telescope that guarantees abduction a cheat? I would get horrendously bored with this family given how rare abduction is in the unmodded game.

Yes you can use a modded telescope. However, I've also got a hint for you. Once your sim has been abducted once, if he uses the Electro Dance Sphere on hard, he will be abducted after a while, no matter what time of day.

We'll go after the Italian's first; they can't drive and are usually drunk! ~America (Hetalia: Axis Powers)

My DeviantArt
My blog
Field Researcher
#20 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 11:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimMegaptera

Yeah, there's one on this site.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 4:40 PM
I started it! Am i allowed to post pictures?

Douglas Cent (get it? cuz 100 cents is a dollar... ) Began his first day on the new lot searching the skies for aliens (thank you, Freetime)

I decided to have him start out legacy style, so i built his house whilr he was in the sky being impregnated

Well, the aliens eventually brought him back, in 2 pieces

3 days later, he had his first baby, a boy named Eno (get it, one backwards)

His needs were alomst alwats in the red, to gain comfort he would take a bubble bath, to gain fun he would go in his dance sphere, he was determined to revisit his alien friends, but he didnt have enough body skill to stay in the sphere

www.thelongaliens.livejournal.com *updated 7-13-11* please leave a comment if you read it!
Test Subject
#22 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 9:04 PM
That's really good. Already one baby and I love your names. Once I can get back to my sims computer, I'll post my story.

My DeviantArt
My blog
Field Researcher
#23 Old 13th Mar 2010 at 12:20 AM
I've now started this, but my cheesecake girl is struggling to get pregnant

She's getting to know plenty of men...rather well...but not had any lil chimes yet!

Scholar
#24 Old 21st Mar 2010 at 5:28 PM
Finally got around to writing my next update! Colin and Darren (second pair of twins) have graduated and moved into a tiny trailer together.

Got to play another year or so of Uni for Edward and Fiona (third pair) then can get Graham "installed".
And my quads are getting close to Uni age now too.

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 28th Mar 2010 at 1:22 AM
I'm wishing I wasn't doing this in my Build A City challenge hood now...too many other households to play in rotation before getting back to the cheesecake!
Got 2 sets of twins so far though, Alpha and Aries (boys, now children) and Beatrice and Bessie (girls, still babies)

Page 1 of 4