Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Servo from The Sims 2

by Esmeralda Posted 21st Feb 2010 at 8:19 PM - Updated 6th Feb 2015 at 9:55 AM by Esmeralda : Some changes to text

245 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 212 Feedback Posts, 32 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 10
Banned
#2 Old 21st Feb 2010 at 8:27 PM
yessssss YES BEST EVER yes oh god i missed you servo ;-;
Instructor
#3 Old 21st Feb 2010 at 8:29 PM
Amazing! Really, really, really amazing!! Thank you so much
Test Subject
#4 Old 21st Feb 2010 at 8:33 PM
Thank you so much! This guy is gonna be doing all my sim's housework from now on. Not to mention being an excellent companion for my mad scientist.

I saw this in the forums and was waiting for it to be uploaded. I really must congratulate you on taking all that time and effort to get it to work properly.
Instructor
#5 Old 21st Feb 2010 at 8:38 PM
Yay! I love Servo! Thank you so much.

No, u can't haz cheezburger
Field Researcher
#6 Old 21st Feb 2010 at 8:41 PM
Will random sims try to 'wear' parts of these objects? Or is it CAS assigned only?
Zombie Socks
#7 Old 21st Feb 2010 at 8:51 PM
Oh my gosh! This is so cool! Thank you thank you thank you!

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Test Subject
#8 Old 21st Feb 2010 at 8:54 PM
You are so amazing! This is awesome, I can't wait to put it in my game!

In frustra laborat qui omnia placere studet
Scholar
#9 Old 21st Feb 2010 at 9:01 PM
Amazing! I love this robot in Sims 2 and I love you for bring it to Sims 3!
Field Researcher
#10 Old 21st Feb 2010 at 9:06 PM
Say what!? Are you kidding me?! Awesome. Hands down one of the best things ever added to the Sims 3 by a creator. Thank you.

Username: Centerman
in The Sims 4 Gallery
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 21st Feb 2010 at 9:09 PM
Oh wow, this is fantastic. I'm definitely going to have fun with this.
Scholar
#12 Old 21st Feb 2010 at 9:15 PM
What can I say that hasn't already been said....wonderfully creative and a much welcomed addition....thank you for sharing..
Field Researcher
#13 Old 21st Feb 2010 at 9:21 PM
Amazing, Just unbelievable!
Its palms look kinda weird though. Maybe you can remove them altogether and add as gloves accessories? That way it will still have his "Servo" palms but will be able to use his fingers.
Still, a grand job. Thank you very much!
Test Subject
#14 Old 21st Feb 2010 at 9:29 PM
i've never played ts2 so i don't have any expectations for a servo. however i love your creativity and dedication. i think you've done an awesome job (and for free too!) i'd love to take him on vacation! and have it raise my over privileged trust fund legacy babies!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#15 Old 21st Feb 2010 at 9:47 PM Last edited by EsmeraldaF : 23rd Feb 2010 at 11:10 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Claeric
Unfortunately, his color map seems a bit screwed up. There are a lot of places that don't change at all.

As well, I think you should remove the color map from the eye section, so the eye doesnt get darker/lighter when you change colors of the "skin".

Claeric, THANK YOU for the feedback - I did indeed leave 'highlight points' in, as I hadn't expected anyone to recolour him such an extreme dark colour, but I should have expected the unexpected! Please redownload - I've now uploaded a new version with a solid colour mask without the highlights - it actually looks fine without them, and dark recolouring works now. I've also redone the masks for the head.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 21st Feb 2010 at 9:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ceixari
Will random sims try to 'wear' parts of these objects? Or is it CAS assigned only?

I sincerely hope not - I did not enable 'Random' in the categorisation for these items, so they *shouldn't* turn up on random sims!

Quote: Originally posted by BlackCat007
Amazing, Just unbelievable!
Its palms look kinda weird though. Maybe you can remove them altogether and add as gloves accessories? That way it will still have his "Servo" palms but will be able to use his fingers.
Still, a grand job. Thank you very much!

I'm not clear what you mean by his palms looking weird. He's a straightforward conversion of the TS2 servo mesh, palms and all, and they look fine to me and as they should look! Please explain!
Banned
#17 Old 21st Feb 2010 at 9:48 PM
Oh, hooray! I wanna have a whole line of servos, special editions and such. My immediate intention when I saw you were doing this was to make a family of various versions of prototype servos, each with their own major flaws. And their own colors!
Test Subject
#18 Old 21st Feb 2010 at 10:16 PM
This is wonderful! Thank you. It's funny because in the Sims 2 I tried so hard to get my robot to LOOK human, and now I am making my human look like a robot for sims 3.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 21st Feb 2010 at 10:20 PM
Wow, thanks I've always wonder why Maxis didn't put the Servo in TS3, anyways thanks for sharing this great creation.
Scholar
#20 Old 21st Feb 2010 at 10:30 PM
I've been checking the site all day, went away and came back onto the site late and found this - yay!! It was approved and I'm downloading right away. Can't wait to play with this - thank you so much for this again Esmerelda

...Titanium white...
Test Subject
#21 Old 21st Feb 2010 at 10:35 PM
LOL Make more The sims 2 > The sims 3 xD I love your downloads!!
Instructor
#22 Old 21st Feb 2010 at 10:45 PM
Omg! That's amazing! It looks so good! I don't know how you meshers do it but it's awsome! Thank you.

Late dawns and early sunsets just like my favorite scenes
Then holding hands and life was perfect just like up on the screen
Field Researcher
#23 Old 21st Feb 2010 at 10:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EsmeraldaF
I'm not clear what you mean by his palms looking weird. He's a straightforward conversion of the TS2 servo mesh, palms and all, and they look fine to me and as they should look! Please explain!

I mean they do not bend when he uses something, look at a screenshot where he cleans a toilet. If you'll cut them off, there will be normal sim hands visible at the end of the sleeves. Then you can put gloves on them (from accessories page) and they will look right and bend normally. Hope this is more clear :P
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 21st Feb 2010 at 11:25 PM
Cool!

Tim
Mad Poster
#25 Old 21st Feb 2010 at 11:28 PM
wtf? why isn't this featured? truely baffling.

This is some truely AMAZING work. I appreciate all the time, effort and frustration you put into making this. I agree with someone above who said this has to be one of the greatest creations on the site. Excellent job, I can't thank you enough!

Does anyone know if it's possible to replace the ingame maids with these servos? I don't know much about modding so forgive me if I sound ingnorant, just wodering
Page 1 of 10