Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Dolphin's Magic Orchids (UPDATE 2010-12-12 for vampires)

by dolphin26 Posted 11th Mar 2010 at 6:19 PM - Updated 25th Oct 2011 at 12:39 AM by dolphin26 : New Version

117 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 93 Feedback Posts, 23 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 5
Scholar
#2 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 6:36 PM
Yay....I was hoping that someone would do this....thank you so much for sharing your mod!!..
Test Subject
#3 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 6:42 PM
dose it work with hels

sigh
Instructor
#4 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 7:32 PM
How wonderful, thank you

No, u can't haz cheezburger
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 7:50 PM
Oh man I've been wondering when someone would make something to freeze individual motives, I missed the one I had in Sims 2. So handy. Thanks!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 7:50 PM
This will be very useful, thank you!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 8:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scrachatron
dose it work with hels

yes, I have that too. It doesn't require it though.
Test Subject
#8 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 8:45 PM
do you have to have it in your inventory for it to work?
Eminence Grise
#9 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 9:01 PM
Very nice! In TS2, they were snapdragons though
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#10 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 11:05 PM
Wonderful! Thanks :-)
Test Subject
#11 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 11:33 PM
It doesn't show up for me..

maybe its because i have a very early patch of the game? whenever i patch my game crashes, so i left it at one of the first patches..

and i don't have WA..
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 12th Mar 2010 at 2:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
Very nice! In TS2, they were snapdragons though

Ah, that's right! I'll change the intro...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 12th Mar 2010 at 2:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Draniels
It doesn't show up for me..

maybe its because i have a very early patch of the game? whenever i patch my game crashes, so i left it at one of the first patches..

and i don't have WA..

Hmmmm.... that's too bad. I hope it's the patch level and not that it needs WA... hopefully someone can chime in if they get it to work without WA and a more current patch level.
Theorist
#14 Old 12th Mar 2010 at 3:04 PM
Wow thank you for this
Field Researcher
#15 Old 13th Mar 2010 at 10:48 PM
Thank you! I am so happy to have found this. I used the snapdragons in Sims 2 all the time for babies and toddlers.

Have a bright platinum diamond day!
Deb
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 15th Mar 2010 at 8:19 PM
I have Sims3, Wa and Loft installed with the latest patches. I found the plant and placed it on the table. When I click on it, nothing happens. Do I have to do something special? I even tried testingcheatsenabled true, but still the plant isn't giving me the options stated.
thanks
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 16th Mar 2010 at 1:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Looseal
I have Sims3, Wa and Loft installed with the latest patches. I found the plant and placed it on the table. When I click on it, nothing happens. Do I have to do something special? I even tried testingcheatsenabled true, but still the plant isn't giving me the options stated.
thanks

Looseal, you don't need testingcheatsenabled to use this. There are two possibilities:

1) If you don't get any menu options, even the "view" menu option that decorative items usually have, then you've got a problem with your modding framework and your game isn't loading the custom code that is packaged with the item. Make sure you followed all the instructions here .

2) If you get the normal "view" but don't get the other menu options, you probably placed the normal orchids that are available without this mod. Make sure you get ones that say "Dolphin's Magic Orchids" and cost $0, not the normal ones that come with the game that you have to pay for.
Test Subject
#18 Old 16th Mar 2010 at 11:44 AM
Thank you so very much for the Magic Orchids, My Sims use them all the time and setup under various circumstances within their house, I no longer need to use console cheats to allow my Sims to achieve their L10 skills, especially Charisma and the ability to hosting Awesome parties!

cheers Garth
[email protected]
Forum Resident
#19 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 6:00 AM
Can you make it shows the special effect (I don't know what it called) when the orchid is working (like in TS2: OFB). Thank you.
Test Subject
#20 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 6:42 AM
Yes it works very well. I'm running it on WA 2.5 HEL 3.1 The only small issue is with the Energy Gain if it is set to [on] the rest of the stats won't go up but as soon as I flip it [off] and then back [on] all my stats including energy works fine for an unknown amount of time... Not a big issue... Thanks

@anak_ponti you can tell that it is on if you noticed 3 of the +10 Mood Buffs "Love Is In The Air", "Neuronic Synergy" and "Totally Mellow" They should appear with your other Mood Bonus in a small window...?
Forum Resident
#21 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 3:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Grims325
@anak_ponti you can tell that it is on if you noticed 3 of the +10 Mood Buffs "Love Is In The Air", "Neuronic Synergy" and "Totally Mellow" They should appear with your other Mood Bonus in a small window...?

Yes, I already know that. Thank you.
What I want is the flower shows some special effect like sparkling seed in air around the flower (if you have OFB, you must be know that). I just want to ask if it is possible to make. If it is not possible, it's alright. Thank you again.
Test Subject
#22 Old 1st Apr 2010 at 10:00 PM
Dolphin would u mind helping me with this hack, it seems to only work one time and one time only the rest of the time it doesnt work at all i even tried re-buying the item mod but i still dont get anything?

Thanks
Test Subject
#23 Old 5th Apr 2010 at 9:14 PM
Seam to be having the same problem as Hak. Apparently, the first one I place in a household works, the rest aren't.

Also, might be a side but, but when I place one on a pedestal, I only get the view option and none of the rest. I take the same one and put it on the floor next to the pedestal, I get the full options menu (but it still doesn't work. It wasn't the first one I placed in the house.)
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 14th Apr 2010 at 6:00 AM
I'm having serious problems with this object. If it's turned on, no services will come to my house if I call.

Now I haven't tested it if an emergency just happens, so I don't know if someone would come then. Also the plant is in the room that is has the front door, so I'm curious to see if I move it will that affect this. I'm going to try and do more testing with it.

But my problem still remains, if I have this object on my maid, babysitter, even the police or firefighters won't come if called.
Test Subject
#25 Old 14th Apr 2010 at 8:41 AM
hi..it does not show in my game..plz help..i know its a great object..
Page 1 of 5