Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Mr. Skeleto

by Esmeralda Posted 19th Mar 2010 at 8:44 PM - Updated 6th Feb 2015 at 9:56 AM by Esmeralda : Added a new pic

78 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 63 Feedback Posts, 14 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#2 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 9:07 PM
OOOOOOOOOH, that's... that's... WAY TOO AWESOME!! :O
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 9:20 PM
interesting So good Thanks
Forum Resident
#4 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 9:38 PM
haha this is so awesome, please don't stop to amaze me thank you
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 9:49 PM
i love your stuff you never cease to amaze me, keep up the good work. And thanks for your comment on my vids on youtube (im 4thefunofit4)
Test Subject
#6 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 10:19 PM
i was wondering if i can create a sim and put your outfit and hat and it will works? thx and sorry fo r the bad english :$
Test Subject
#7 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 10:21 PM
Genius!
Instructor
#8 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 10:37 PM
Hahaha, another fabulous creation. He makes me laugh! Thank you!

No, u can't haz cheezburger
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 10:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pandamychem
i was wondering if i can create a sim and put your outfit and hat and it will works? thx and sorry fo r the bad english :$

Yes, you can put the head and body on another sim, you'll have to give the sim a *very* narrow head and no nose (push his nose all the way in) - why not just clone this sim if you want to make another one? That would be easier.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 11:01 PM
LOL! Awesome, Congratulations!!!
Instructor
#11 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 11:28 PM
Fantastic job, Esmeralda - I can see Mr Skeleto in a Tim Burton production - wonderful work
Field Researcher
#12 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 12:11 AM
This is great. If only you could make the head smaller.

Human beings are a very irrational species. Some of them are even afraid of pickles.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 12:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by whoden
This is great. If only you could make the head smaller.

Unfortunately, it's not technically possible - I made it the smallest I could. I think his big head is rather cute, though.
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#14 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 1:17 AM
He. Is. So. Cute! Thanks so much!
Scholar
#15 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 1:39 AM
Amazing! Love it! Very nice idea!
Field Researcher
#16 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 3:38 AM Last edited by whoden : 20th Mar 2010 at 6:01 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by EsmeraldaF
Unfortunately, it's not technically possible - I made it the smallest I could. I think his big head is rather cute, though.

I was just thinking of the skeletons for Sims2 by Drachenfels or Bink13y, which I believe had invisible heads somehow. Could you use the technique you used on the feet to do something similar with the head?

Human beings are a very irrational species. Some of them are even afraid of pickles.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#17 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 10:19 AM Last edited by EsmeraldaF : 20th Mar 2010 at 11:57 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by whoden
I was just thinking of the skeletons for Sims2 by Drachenfels or Bink13y, which I believe had invisible heads somehow. Could you use the technique you used on the feet to do something similar with the head?

Unfortunately The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 are different games written using completely different game engines and coded very differently, so nothing that works in TS2 works in TS3. We can only try to replicate things that could be done in TS2, sometimes successfully, sometimes not. ''Null heads' existed in TS2 - there was even a hidden one by Maxis in the base game for the Grim Reaper - but from what I've heard, it has not yet been possible to make it work in TS3. Maybe it will become possible in the future if someone figures out a way (the Grim Reaper in TS3 looks like he must use one, or something similar, but I don't know how).

Meanwhile, I like Mr Skeleto's head just the way it is - it reflects his 'big-headed' personality (after all, he's a snob and evil) and gives him his distinctive look - he's supposed to be a 'unique' sim and not an anatomically correct real skeleton! Also, I wanted him to have 'live' eyes rather than just an empty skull like the skeletons of the creators you mentioned, so that he could have facial expressions and look more recognisably 'human'.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 11:28 AM
OMG! This is awesome! Thank you for sharing it with us.
Test Subject
#19 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 12:16 PM
This is great.Thanks so much!
Test Subject
#20 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 12:21 PM
Amazing, Thank You!!
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 12:59 PM
Thank you so much! Is there a way to make a female and child Skeleto? I had whole families of Skeletons in the Sims2 and they were great fun. I'm so happy to see this!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#22 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 1:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bestock
Thank you so much! Is there a way to make a female and child Skeleto? I had whole families of Skeletons in the Sims2 and they were great fun. I'm so happy to see this!

If you want to make a female version, you can open the head and body package files with CAS Texture Unitool (http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=364926 ), go the Part Category tab and click 'Female' in addition to 'Male' for each of them, then click File\Save. Note that a female version will revert to a human body if it gets pregnant. Also, you'll need to make the sim's head very narrow and push their nose all the way in so that it looks like they have no nose - you may need facial slider hacks for this.

A child version is possible to make - maybe I'll consider it at some stage if I have some extra time, as it would be rather cute!
Scholar
#23 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 2:22 PM
YAY!! I've been waiting and looking for this one for the past week, lol. So imagine how glad I was to wake up to it . Thanks so much for Mr. Skeleto, Esmeralda - I will definitely enjoy playing with him

...Titanium white...
Scholar
#24 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 2:47 PM
OMG,.. Thanks!
Test Subject
#25 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 2:52 PM
This is amazingly brilliant, I posted a pic & a link to this page on the sims facebook page too, just to show people how amazing this is !

Oh and well done for creating this just after i decided to make my rich trustfund child a death obsessed necrophiliac!! LOL this will provide much more fun than the controllable ghosts alone :D
THANKYOU SO MUCH!!
Page 1 of 4