Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Five shrubs from The Sims 2

by TheJim07 Posted 15th Jun 2010 at 6:26 PM

29 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 23 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Scholar
#2 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 7:46 PM
thanks!

Call me Tyu. (:
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 8:12 PM
Thanks so much! This is great! I really needed some more plants for my game

Cheers! =D

lkandak
Forum Resident
#4 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 9:32 PM
Do the shrubs' size alter the way the ones in the game do? I really loved the oleander and the midbiscus in the old game, so it's nice to have them again. Thanks!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 9:38 PM
Good job! Just wondering, are they trees and shrubs and located in that category, or decoration and where are they located?

Thank you.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Zombie Socks
#6 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 10:08 PM
And recolorable too! This reminds me why you're one of my favorite creators!

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 10:46 PM
Thank you for this, excellent work. I love my Sims 3 gardens and can never have too many new plants!
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#8 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 11:00 PM
Thank you thank you thank you!
Banned
#9 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 3:44 AM
Are these animated, just like Sims 3 shrubs?
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 5:52 AM
Thank you! I am still waiting for conversions of some of the desert plants but these are lovely as well.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 7:46 AM
I also, would like to know about both their animation and if they "vary sizes" as shrubs do in the game? I'm hoping they do, as more shrubs are needed and I miss these!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#12 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 7:50 AM
Pretty sure animation and size variance are SpeedTree things, and unless TheJim07 spent about $10,000 US for a SpeedTree license, that'd be a no. But static meshes are still cool.

Also... TheJim07, I don't do objects or I'd do 'em myself, but if you happened to feel like converting my shrubby shrubs to TS3, I'd be -real- happy.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 8:12 AM
Thank you! These will be great to have. If you can do the Japanese Maple tree and some of the flowers from MG also, that would be great.
Scholar
Original Poster
#14 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 9:55 AM
These objects are not animated and the size does not change. They are available in the Shrubs section, like other shrubs.
Scholar
#15 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 10:35 AM
Thank you so much.You had a great idea and you have done a wonderful job.Adore your converted shrubs.Big hugs.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 12:20 PM
Cool, happy they are in the shrub category. Have a hard time finding them if they are in misc. decorations. Thanks again for sharing.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Scholar
#17 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 2:51 PM
Thanks Jim, I'm quite happy that they don't change size. Sometimes this feature is annoying in TS3.
Test Subject
#18 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 1:57 AM
This is so great! I can never have too many garden plants.
Test Subject
#19 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 7:14 AM
Can you possibly do the Romanesque Columns from University ( I think that's where they're from)? They're extremely useful and I've been missing them horribly.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 11:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Pretty sure animation and size variance are SpeedTree things, and unless TheJim07 spent about $10,000 US for a SpeedTree license, that'd be a no. But static meshes are still cool.

People spend money for licensing? For software??

I'd never heard of SpeedTree prior to this or that it was used by EA actually. It looks pretty cool and like a nifty solution to the tree rendering world. I'm still happy with how they turned out and the flowers being (mostly) color-able is a bonus!

BTW - HP, Your skins still rock as far as I'm concerned. I haven't found anything I'm willing to replace them with!
Test Subject
#21 Old 22nd Jun 2010 at 2:13 PM
Thanks!!!! I miss terrible the garden variety in MTS2
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 27th Jun 2010 at 6:36 PM
I knew everyone would like to have them!! I love having these plants in game so much!! Thank you so much again for your time and work!! I appreciate you!! :lovestruc
Top Secret Researcher
#23 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 1:00 AM
Thank you so much! They're all awesome but the Hula one is my favorite :lovestruc
Test Subject
#24 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 6:11 PM
Actually you can aquire speedtree for less than $10,000 but you can't distribute anything I own a limited liscense for my company. If I knew how to get them in the game I would but I couldn't distribute them--So I'm not going to bother. Don't bother asking or haggling with Speedtree Sales they're just a tad in the realm of jerks--if their software wasn't so easy to use and so efficient, I'd ditch them.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 3:16 AM
Those are beautiful. We need more plants, plz!
Page 1 of 2