Replies: 1 (Who?), Viewed: 915 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jun 2010 at 5:58 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default The Sims 2 Says I Have Uninstalled OFB, H&M, and K&B When I HAVEN'T
Recently, I was having problems with all IKEA Objects disappeared,I started getting curious and looked around (on my computer and the Internet) and found that even though the SP was installed and Sims @ said it was installed as well, in-game it wasn't, though I kept the two collection files that came with IKEA when I clicked them they were empty.

After more tireless investigating a found a few possible solutions, one of which was to bypass 'The Sims 2 Launcher' by changing the directory of the shortcut by right-clicking, and so on. After doing that, I restarted the game, and when on the 'neighborhood selector', a message popped up saying something like;
"Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff
Sims 2 Open for Business has been uninstalled, if you continue all businesses, Sims(that had any OFB objects on them), home-owned businesses, (etc.) will be removed"

After reading the message I chose to quit the game by clicking the "Quit" button out of the two possible options the message gave me (which were "Continue" and "Quit")

So, then I brought the Sims 2 Launcher back by undoing what I had to do to bypass the launcher. So then I brought up the launcher and examined it, and noticed that the following were said to not be installed:

Sims 2 Open for Business
Sims 2 H&M Fashion Stuff
Sims 2 Kitchen & Bath Interior Design Stuff.
(IKEA was said to be installed like it had before, but MAYBE I fixed THAT problem)

So now, I'm at my Wit's End and am asking anyone for help on resolving my issue on bringing back my 'missing' EP and SPs.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
I HAD all EPs and SPs (Including Apartment Life and Mansion & Garden Stuff)
I had just recently installed the AnyGameStarter (I was getting big on House-Building)
The current missing EPs (OFB, H&M, K&B) are all part of the Sims 2 Best of Business Collection Pack which I had installed to finish my collection of Sims 2 Games, and those are the ones missing. So It is my most recent installation, even though I did install it around December of last year.
I didn't notice the IKEA problem until just today but I admit it could have been going on for awhile.

Please reply, any help of any sort would be greatly appreciated!
If you nee any more information, ask and I will reply with the required information.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 22nd Jun 2010 at 4:10 PM
This is a known problem with some of the later packs. When installing an EP or SP, the game will uninstall some earlier EPs and SPs. Just reinstall them and you should be find.

I've never seen the AnyGameStarter uninstall things, but it was made before the collection packs were released, so there may be a problem. If reinstalling doesn't fix your problems, you might want to check out the AGS thread to see whether anyone else has had this problem with the collection packs.
Test Subject
DELETED POST
Original Poster
22nd Jun 2010 at 7:27 PM Last edited by GAGK : 23rd Jun 2010 at 1:00 AM.
This message has been deleted by GAGK. Reason: Fixed the problem, I have them installing now