Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Plasters of Paradise

by iCad Posted 3rd Aug 2010 at 2:54 PM - Updated 5th Aug 2010 at 9:56 PM by iCad

30 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 24 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 3:35 PM
So many options, I love it! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 3:45 PM
Wow! These are great,the textures are perfect. Great job!
Banned
#4 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 3:58 PM
hey I love these walls! Thanks! .
Test Subject
#5 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 4:06 PM
Thank you! I love the colours.

I failed to make the chess team because of my height.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 4:52 PM
Those are beautiful! Thanks for sharing! (There are a lot of us TS2 players still happily ignoring TS3, so please feel free to share more TS2 goodies!)

**** Leader of the MoonBats! ****
Field Researcher
#7 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 5:37 PM
If there's anything I love, it's delectably colorful plaster walls.
Thank you!!!!

When the smoke clears, you can consider us even.
Test Subject
#8 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 5:47 PM Last edited by DJ_Tiffi : 3rd Aug 2010 at 5:52 PM. Reason: Solved
These are lovely but the link won't work for me,
Anyone else suffering my pain and loss?

EDIT: Solved the issue, i just had to right click and choose open in new tab

I didn't slap you. I high-fived you in the face...
Undead Molten Llama
Original Poster
#9 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 6:09 PM
OMG, peoples commented! I feel lurved! *heart fart* Thank you, everyone.

DJTiffi: Glad the problem resolved. Since this is the first thing I've uploaded and put into a downloadable form, I was kind of worried that I'd totally FUBAR.

omgrawr213: If you love plaster walls...Well, all I can say is prepare to be inundated with them because I have created...a lot of them. Literally thousands of them. (Plus paints, sidings, stuccos, etc. One day, I will conquer masonry, oh yes I will...) And I have conquered my fear of sharing. Now if I can just figure out the dealy-bob with packaging lots...

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Theorist
#10 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 6:27 PM
These are lovely! Thanks for sharing, iCAD.
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#11 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 7:31 PM
Wonderful colours! I'm like you, I prefer plaster over just plain paint - a little texture makes all the difference in a room IMO.

Any chance of a collection file? I have so many wall coverings (of all kinds), I'm worried these would get lost in the crowd otherwise.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 9:14 PM
So glad you decided to share, ICad. Your walls are lovely and quite praiseworthy. I, too, am glad that TS2 creations aren't going the way of the dinosaur.

Thanks!

Life isn't about the breaths we take, it's about the moments that take our breaths away...
Undead Molten Llama
Original Poster
#13 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 12:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nixnivis
Wonderful colours! I'm like you, I prefer plaster over just plain paint - a little texture makes all the difference in a room IMO.

Any chance of a collection file? I have so many wall coverings (of all kinds), I'm worried these would get lost in the crowd otherwise.

Ooooh, if I can figure out how to make a collection file, sure! *laughs* I'm such a n00b at this sharing business... I'm sure there must be instructions around here someplace...

And absolutely, texture makes sooooo much difference. I hardly ever use flat paints when I sim a house...

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 12:18 AM
Ha! Heart fart! love it!

I like those colors!
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#15 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 4:53 PM Last edited by nixnivis : 4th Aug 2010 at 4:54 PM. Reason: Typo
The way I understand it it, you just create a collection in-game and then rename the file (found in the "The Sims 2/Collections" folder) and/or change the icon with SimPE. This post has links to a bunch of collection file related threads (and its main thread deals with changing the icon), but I'm sure there are others out there as well.

Good luck! Hope you can figure it out - I love collection files, they make my simming life so much easier.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 6:34 AM
Wow! Beautiful! Thanks for these! :D
Field Researcher
#17 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 7:21 AM
These are exactly what I need for my game right now. They will brighten the neighbourhood considerably. Thanks!
Undead Molten Llama
Original Poster
#18 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 8:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nixnivis
The way I understand it it, you just create a collection in-game and then rename the file (found in the "The Sims 2/Collections" folder) and/or change the icon with SimPE. This post has links to a bunch of collection file related threads (and its main thread deals with changing the icon), but I'm sure there are others out there as well.

Good luck! Hope you can figure it out - I love collection files, they make my simming life so much easier.

I THINK I have figured it out. I have attached a collection file, although it doesn't have a fancy-schmancy icon. If it doesn't work, I'm sure people will yell at me. Thanks for the suggestion!

And thank you, everyone, for the comments and downloads. As I said, I feel lurved. *more heart farting*

Not actually evil.
#19 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 8:10 AM
Can always use more plaster. It's not just for Southwest stuff!

Sims3 is more popular? Meh, probably. I'll stick with Sims2, so I'm glad you're making stuff for it.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#20 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 1:01 PM
The collection file works like a charm in my game! Thank you very much!

(Oh, and I'm with Cat, I'm sticking with Sims 2 both when it comes to creating and playing, so I'm glad people aren't abandoning it. )
Undead Molten Llama
Original Poster
#21 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 5:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatOfEvilGenius
Can always use more plaster. It's not just for Southwest stuff!

Sims3 is more popular? Meh, probably. I'll stick with Sims2, so I'm glad you're making stuff for it.

Well, that's been my impression, anyway. I gave Sims 3 a shot and really didn't like it. It didn't help that it didn't like my video card and so it kept crashing. I wasn't about to go buy a new card just to play a game that I wasn't entirely fond of. I suppose I could have adapted but...meh, who wants to? So yeah, I'm a-stickin' with 2.

And indeed, plaster isn't just for Southwest stuff. Hell, I live in the Southwest and the adobe thing isn't nearly as popular down here as you might think. I've seen more plaster elsewhere.

nixnivis: Glad the collection file works! Yay, I'm not a total idiot! Now I just have to see if I can make an icon for myself... And long live Sims2 stuff! :D

Test Subject
#22 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 11:41 AM
Love it! Anyway i prefer sims 2... sims 3 is based on the walking around the town... tbh i think the items for the houses are rubbish. Thanks for the wallpaper!

˙ʎɐqǝ ɟɟo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq llıʍ ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 12:53 PM
Gorgeous colors!
Test Subject
#24 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 6:36 PM
where do you put them
plz repply any1
Test Subject
#25 Old 25th Aug 2010 at 8:57 AM
Really amazing. Simple, colorful, basic. Just perfect ^^
Page 1 of 2