Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No Car Relationships

by Buzzler Posted 10th Sep 2010 at 5:26 PM - Updated 15th Mar 2014 at 11:27 AM by Buzzler

93 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 59 Feedback Posts, 33 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Field Researcher
#2 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 5:50 PM
Thank you for this! I'm still waiting on delivery of Fast Lane, but this will solve one concern. What was EA thinking - relationships with vehicles?!? Yeccch! Now thanks to your invaluable effort I won't have to find out!
Test Subject
#3 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 5:51 PM
I find that relationships with your vehicle is cool AND funny
Test Subject
#4 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 6:05 PM
Thank you so much, so so much.

That Planet Earth turns Slowly
Test Subject
#5 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 7:31 PM
Thank you, I was hoping for exactly this kind of mod - I do not mind having one or two weirdos in my neighbourhood who "befriend" their cars, but the rest should please treat them like the inanimate objects they are.
1978 gallons of pancake batter
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 7:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pieen_
I find that relationships with your vehicle is cool AND funny
Don't download the mod then?

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Forum Resident
#7 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 8:35 PM
I'm actually surprised at how many people don't like that change. There are plenty of people who love and name their cars, including talking to them. I think that's all EA was trying to illustrate. Maybe if I get Fast Lane and I find that I don't like that relationship, I'll come back to this mod.

Either way, thanks for making it!

[you say you believe me but you don't deceive me]
Field Researcher
#8 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 8:56 PM
Can you still name it, while not being friends with it? I don't mind the naming feature... but I am a little unnerved by the friending feature.
Original Poster
#9 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 8:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LifesLover
I'm actually surprised at how many people don't like that change.
I wouldn't mind if you could just ignore the car relationship stuff, but as it is, car relationships show up in the actual relationship panel and that's something that can't really be ignored. That implies that a car can be a friend to a sim just like another sim, and that's what I detest. I'm not here to force my opinions on you, though. Feel free to disagree as much as you want.

@moryrie: Naming a vehicle is tied to befriending said vehicle.

Lab Assistant
#10 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 9:09 PM
I don't have Fast Lane Stuff yet, so perhaps you can clear this up for me - just how far can these car relationships go? Can you and your car 'fall in love'? Become engaged? Married? perform...umm..."Auto-erotic" actions? (sorry for the pun). There is loving your car...and there is "loving" your car....
Original Poster
#11 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 9:29 PM
@Daelda: I don't have FLS either; car relationships came with the latest patch, so you can have them in any game version. Car relationships use sort of a "crippled" offspring of sim relationships. After a given number of rides in a car (60 by default, 2 billion with my mod), a sim becomes friend with the car and afterwards, the relationships gets boosted for every ride. Only friendly relationships are possible, like "Friend", "Good Friend" etc. You couldn't trigger a romantic relationship anyway, even if that was possible in the code, because there are no interactions or anything that go along with the relationship. The whole stuff is just completely pointless, whether or not you like it.

BTW: I learned more than I ever wanted to know about "loving" your car while I was searching for a free picture to use as an icon. I wanted to use a pelvic thrust then, but I didn't find a free picture of that either and didn't want to punish you guys with one I've drawn myself.

Lab Assistant
#12 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 9:35 PM
Daelda- I was wondering the same thing so I looked it up on the Sims wiki, apparently you can only go so far as to name the car. It would be annoying seeing cars on your friends list though.
Instructor
#13 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 9:37 PM
i love that cars can be friends then if you get pissed at it you can blow up your friend lol

The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision. - L. Lavner
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 10:27 PM
the way the description is written, it sounds like your saying that on the game the vehicle relationship can get up to WooHoo, dating, marriage, love, etc. It only goes up to "Best Friend"

--
Eduardog3000
Mad Poster
#15 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 12:04 AM
I haven't played with the new updates yet, I just went through a major clean up of my folders and have been editing my lots. When I start playing and the relationship gets on my nerves, definitely will be grabbing this up to end it. Thanks for providing us with a solution.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 1:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LifesLover
I'm actually surprised at how many people don't like that change. There are plenty of people who love and name their cars, including talking to them. I think that's all EA was trying to illustrate. Maybe if I get Fast Lane and I find that I don't like that relationship, I'll come back to this mod.

Either way, thanks for making it!

I haven't named my car (I can't think of a worthy name), but I do talk to her (and no, I don't make love to my car, either. We're just friends). Of course, I would consider myself a Vehicle Enthusiast. If this feature gets too bothersome, this mod is available.

The height of innovation sometimes comes at the peak of laziness.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 2:26 AM
Hmmm, i downloaded the patch but one of the mods that im using is covering it up so that i cant use the trait. Also too, how do you get a relationship with the car? I have my sim use it all the time, yet nothing happens? is there supposed to be a realtionship bar, or something pop up? what the hell is supposed to happen??
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 3:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by luckynicole659
Hmmm, i downloaded the patch but one of the mods that im using is covering it up so that i cant use the trait. Also too, how do you get a relationship with the car? I have my sim use it all the time, yet nothing happens? is there supposed to be a realtionship bar, or something pop up? what the hell is supposed to happen??

Ok, the part about the Vehicle Enthusiast not showing, i know which mod it is, the creator said he would update, just uninstall the mod for now.

and for the relationship, it took me like 25 drives WITH the Vehicle Enthusiast trait (they gain vehicle relations faster), so do what i did, keep driving, Ex. Tell you sim to go to the beach, then send him far away, then send him BACK to the beach, then far away, etc.

Just continue that until you see the relationship.

Although, how it should be is, if the car is owned by your household, you instantly have a "stranger" or "acquaintance" relation, just like if you move a total stranger in to your house.
Also "testingcheatsenabled true" dosen't work for the relationship bar on vehicles, you drag it up, i goes right back to where it was, the creators need to fix this.

P.S. My Rant is now over (if you call that above, a rant)

P.S.S.

--
Eduardog3000
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 3:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eduardog3000
P.S.S.

now to outdo my self:

[big] [/big]

EDIT: WHERE'S THE GIANT ?

--
Eduardog3000
Original Poster
#20 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 9:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eduardog3000
the way the description is written, it sounds like your saying that on the game the vehicle relationship can get up to WooHoo, dating, marriage, love, etc. It only goes up to "Best Friend"
When I wrote that, I kind of expected people to already know the deal. The scope section in my upload threads is not supposed to contain accurate, sober descriptions. It's the soap box I stand on when I endlessly annoy you with my POV. What I wrote in this mod's scope section is exaggerated, but I think this should be obvious by the tone I'm using.

Test Subject
#21 Old 12th Sep 2010 at 1:33 PM
Thanks a million for this mod. I haven't bought Fast Lane yet and may not since it doesn't sound all that great to me, but if I get it (and I probably will) I don't want a relationship with a car. If my cars don't break down I'm happy.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 12th Sep 2010 at 11:07 PM
I dont know...
What exactly is the point of this mod?
So your car shows up in the realtionships pannel.... and?
Does the realtionship eventually turn into a 'loving' relationship?
Test Subject
#23 Old 13th Sep 2010 at 2:01 AM
Thanks for the mod! But I keep getting a script pop up once my game loads, and then my game doesn't load...I've tried to go through the installing cc guides for idots and everything...HELP!
Original Poster
#24 Old 13th Sep 2010 at 5:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mayame21
But I keep getting a script pop up once my game loads
That's a good thing. The pop up is just a friendly reminder that a custom script was found.

Quote:
and then my game doesn't load
Is your game fully patched?

Lab Assistant
#25 Old 13th Sep 2010 at 6:11 PM
Well, quite a few people talk to their cars because for many, a car is your pride and joy and something alot of people live with. It's not surprising, then, that they might bond with it. Now, having sexual relations with a car, on the other hand... that could get you put into a mental institute!
Page 1 of 4