Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maxis Modular Stairs Recolored, Part the Third

by iCad Posted 5th Oct 2010 at 1:59 AM

12 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 5th Oct 2010 at 3:51 AM
What more can I say, but "Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

These are really marvellous pieces of work. All of them!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 5th Oct 2010 at 5:37 AM
I love you. The floors were awesome but this has really made my day (which was long and involved a double shift). Thanks for lifting my spirits on a drizzly NYC night.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#4 Old 5th Oct 2010 at 8:48 AM
Awesome job! I really like these stairs, but they were so limited in color. Thanks for giving us more options!
Undead Molten Llama
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Oct 2010 at 10:34 PM
I'm really glad that people are liking and finding these useful! I had an awful lot of fun making them, after all. There's one more set of stairs to go (the "Euro" Stairs), the columns are done but for the picture-taking, and I think I FINALLY have the matching fences under control, too, so.. Decks ahoy!

Quote: Originally posted by JaneSamborski
I love you. The floors were awesome but this has really made my day (which was long and involved a double shift). Thanks for lifting my spirits on a drizzly NYC night.

Ah, yes! I remember drizzly NYC nights very well! I was a Manhattanite for a number of years before I moved Out West, and...I don't miss the drizzly nights, that's for sure. I'm glad that these cheered you up a bit. And I hope that your weather clears up soon, but knowing NYC...

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 6th Oct 2010 at 2:54 AM
oh my god fabulous...will you be doing a grey haunted set, as I would love some dingy grey and also some weatherd sets in peeling or faded paint...thanx
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator THANKS POST
#7 Old 8th Oct 2010 at 8:32 PM
Thank you so much for this and your other stair recols! Now I can FINALLY have wooden stairs that actually matches the floors! (Also, thanks to Numenor and HugeLunatic for making it possible to recolour stairs!) I've never understood why Maxis couldn't at least make stairs that match their own wooden floors... but it doesn't matter now, since yours look so much better anyway.
Undead Molten Llama
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#8 Old 10th Oct 2010 at 11:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NixNivis
Thank you so much for this and your other stair recols! Now I can FINALLY have wooden sirs that actually matches the floors! (Also, thanks to Numenor and HugeLunatic for making it possible to recolour stairs!) I've never understood why Maxis couldn't at least make stairs that match their own wooden floors... but it doesn't matter now, since yours look so much better anyway.

Thanks, NxNivis. Yeah, I can't figure out Maxis in general. They make some nice stuff, but none of it goes together, and it's like that in both Build and Buy mode. People seem to be fixing the Buy Mode stuff...so I guess I've taken it upon myself to tackle the Build Catalog. In fact, I'm now contemplating recoloring Maxis stuff with Maxis colors so that it does go together (as in, using the color of a Maxis modular stair to recolor a Maxis wood floor), but I'm not sure that I'd use that, anyway, since I tend to prefer my own colors now. But maybe someone else would find such a thing useful...

Anyway, it always amazes me how people can make nice-looking lots without CC. That's beyond my talents. Hence, why I recolor practically everything. It's grown into an all-consuming obsession, I'm afraid...

@takart: I'll consider it, although it seems to me that some people have already done that sort of thing. Or maybe I was just seeing things...
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 25th Oct 2010 at 4:18 AM
Oh thank God. Someone finally did this! Thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 2nd Jul 2011 at 4:56 AM
Utterly awesome! <3 Thanks so much
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#11 Old 18th Nov 2012 at 9:45 PM
thanks so much for a truly useful and lovely item!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#12 Old 1st Dec 2012 at 3:41 PM
I've never been excited to use the Chic Stairs before! Thanks very much for these (and all your other staircase) recolors, iCad!
Test Subject
#13 Old 14th Mar 2013 at 3:16 AM
I absolutely love all of your matchy things, to the point where I have almost everything in my game.

I took a peek at HugeLunatic's recolorable stairs page, and saw that a few people were having difficulties with recoloring the "chic stairs," and athough I'm unsure whether I should post this here or over there, I'm taking the chance here . I've gone through and re-downloaded three times, thinking maybe it was the download at first, and am completely stuck.

I have other stair recoloros you made that work fine in-game, and I've never had an issue with the recolor tool, but no matter what I seem to do I can't get the chic stais recolors to show up. I obviously have the recolorable stairs, but every time I try and recolor them a little message pops up saying this item is not recolorable(or something of the like). Any thoughts? Suggestions?

And again, please forgive me if I'm not posting this in the right spot.