Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maintenance Free Dishwasher with NPC Worker (No More Dirty Lots)

by Sophie-David Posted 25th Oct 2010 at 8:51 PM - Updated 29th Feb 2012 at 8:37 PM by Sophie-David : Updated with bug fixes & optimizations

76 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 47 Feedback Posts, 28 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#2 Old 25th Oct 2010 at 9:52 PM
Fantabulous. Different enough from the All-In-One NPC, I can see uses for both. You don't need to pay the attendant, right?
Scholar
THANKS POST
#3 Old 25th Oct 2010 at 9:57 PM
I love you! I want something like this forever and even more since I've found a similar mod for TS1. Thank you!
Theorist
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Oct 2010 at 10:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatOfEvilGenius
Fantabulous. Different enough from the All-In-One NPC, I can see uses for both. You don't need to pay the attendant, right?
Right, the attendant is free.
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Oct 2010 at 10:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by arathea
I love you! I want something like this forever and even more since I've found a similar mod for TS1. Thank you!
Yes, the same here. I've missed the TS1 community janitor ever since I switched to TS2. Why EA didn't include one in TS2 is beyond me.

You're welcome, Cat and arathea.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 25th Oct 2010 at 11:38 PM
OH DAVID!!! THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!

Thank you so much!!! This will make things so much cleaner/nicer!

Thank you for taking time out of your anniversary for us wee folk! But this is definitely worth it!!!!!

:lovestruc
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 12:45 AM
This is so clever! Thank so you much Sophie-David. This will find its way onto many, many community lots. :D

And happy anniversary to you and StephSim!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 1:46 AM
Slave Labor - Excellent! I've got a lot of work for those poor NPCs to do...

Wow David, this is a great mod with so many practical uses. I can't wait to test it out.

I am curious to know if this NPC is exactly the server NPC or a unique NPC that you created. I'm wondering if I could designate it's own outfit that might be separate from the servers for a different look.
Theorist
Original Poster
#9 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 2:20 AM
Thank you for the encouragement, jbeach, morgaine and sunni.
Quote: Originally posted by sunni9676
Slave Labor - Excellent! I've got a lot of work for those poor NPCs to do...

Wow David, this is a great mod with so many practical uses. I can't wait to test it out.

I am curious to know if this NPC is exactly the server NPC or a unique NPC that you created. I'm wondering if I could designate it's own outfit that might be separate from the servers for a different look.
Yes, slave labour indeed!

Yes, the NPC is exactly the same as the EP2 Server NPC. The custom dishwasher works as a controller for the NPC - but the NPC itself is completely unchanged.

That's an interesting idea about having a different look for this worker by having it as a custom NPC. But that's a whole new project and there's so much in the queue already - let me think about it.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 2:24 AM
Oh, I don't want to make more work for you David, what you've got already is wonderful...I was only curious about possibly making a unique outfit just for it. I might still make an additional outfit anyway so that there are options.

Visit these sites for more Medieval downloads: Sunni Designs, Plumb Bob Keep, and The Medieval Smithy.
Theorist
Original Poster
#11 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 3:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sunni9676
Oh, I don't want to make more work for you David, what you've got already is wonderful...I was only curious about possibly making a unique outfit just for it. I might still make an additional outfit anyway so that there are options.
Actually I do plan to have a simlar project based on the "EP 6 Hotel Housekeeper", so that will allow for a bit of variety in servants.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 6:28 AM
I LOVE this David!!! I've installed her in my K&Q's castle and the live in butler (that I can control) already has the 'hots' for her!

One thing that is slightly bothersome tho: When the butler serves the meals, she sweeps in and cleans away the uneaten/unclaimed plates even before I can get my K&Q to the table! And when she just vanishes directly after an interaction even if another is in the queue...well, that's just eerie!!!

Regardless, she's VERY proficent! She even attended the toddler!!! Well, she got her out of the crib and played with her when she woke up and started fusssing!

This is GREAT!!!!

Thank you again!!!

Whatever you do, do it ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31
My mission: To fill the gaps!
Join me on my new Discord channel!
Snag my creations from my LiveJournal!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#13 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 10:09 AM
I wish you both a happy anniversary. Thank you for creating and sharing such a fantastic download
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 10:17 AM
Brilliant, absolutely brilliant David. This game just keeps getting better and better thanks to creators like you! Thank you!!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#15 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 4:08 PM
This is such a great download. I'm so gonna use this. I wouldn't mind if the NPC needs sleep, though. It's only fair to create some sort of 'guest room'for him or her after doing all the hard work. Thank you!
Theorist
Original Poster
#16 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 6:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jbeach34
I LOVE this David!!! I've installed her in my K&Q's castle and the live in butler (that I can control) already has the 'hots' for her!

One thing that is slightly bothersome tho: When the butler serves the meals, she sweeps in and cleans away the uneaten/unclaimed plates even before I can get my K&Q to the table! And when she just vanishes directly after an interaction even if another is in the queue...well, that's just eerie!!!

Regardless, she's VERY proficent! She even attended the toddler!!! Well, she got her out of the crib and played with her when she woke up and started fusssing!

This is GREAT!!!!

Thank you again!!!
That's an interesting point about the butler. If the king and queen immediately claim the plates I suspect the maid would leave them alone. However a better way is to either Dismiss or Relieve the maid during dinner time. The Relieve function is also good for when you want her to be social, otherwise the chores always take priority and she will keep disappearing. When its time to go back to work, just Recall.

I've found that different workers have quite different personalities - I think that to some extent the activities they do are dependent on what the player characters are interested in. I have a maid working for a rather lazy and dishonourable baron and all she wants to do is play cards all day, sometimes not actually completing all the chores. In fact she won't pick up the dishes she has just eaten from until she goes back to work mode.

But then I have a manservant who works for a hard working parson, and the servant is also very responsible, turning out valuable artwork and even entertaining the cat in an off moment.
Theorist
Original Poster
#17 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 6:58 PM Last edited by Sophie-David : 26th Oct 2010 at 7:35 PM.
I'm glad you like the project, and thank you for the encouragement, Issie, raynuss, and DutchXfan.

Quote: Originally posted by DutchXfan
This is such a great download. I'm so gonna use this. I wouldn't mind if the NPC needs sleep, though. It's only fair to create some sort of 'guest room'for him or her after doing all the hard work. Thank you!
Yes, I agree the use of a bed would increase the realism. The downside is that there would be no control over which bed the NPC used - although there are hacks that can reserve particular beds for particular Sims. Also, in small houses the need for an extra bed could be a problem. I'm also not completely sure that the game actually allows for a guest NPC to sleepover. In any event I decided on the less realistic but perhaps more practical option of discouraging the NPC from sleeping. The worker may fall asleep on a sofa however if she or he gets tired and bored.
Test Subject
#18 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 9:17 PM
This NPC is great but I found a problem. that is I'm not able to have a greenhouse awhile using the NPC because the NPC keeps getting stuck inside the greenhouse. I have to knock down a greenhouse wall just to let the NPC out. so now I have to just use the dirt to plant plants without the greehouse.
Theorist
Original Poster
#19 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 6:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Patrick779
This NPC is great but I found a problem. that is I'm not able to have a greenhouse awhile using the NPC because the NPC keeps getting stuck inside the greenhouse. I have to knock down a greenhouse wall just to let the NPC out. so now I have to just use the dirt to plant plants without the greehouse.
Do you think the NPC is trying to clean up inside the greenhouse but cannot reach whatever it is that is supposed to be dirty? I wonder why the NPC is going in there at all. A Recall or Dismiss should also get the NPC out of there, but if they keep going back I guess its only a temporary solution. Possibly you could lock a door to deny the NPC access to the greenhouse?
Test Subject
#20 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 11:08 AM
Thank you for this mod! It is the good idea to use ingame NPCs.

Can you make controllers for gardener and repairman (or assign one NPC for all job)?
Theorist
Original Poster
#21 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 6:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Yana F
Thank you for this mod! It is the good idea to use ingame NPCs.

Can you make controllers for gardener and repairman (or assign one NPC for all job)?
You're welcome.

I am considering making controllers for both the gardener and repairman, as well as perhaps the butler (the all-in-one NPC) but there are already a lot of projects in my queue. Currently I am working on a "lightweight" variant of this NPC that will use less resources, for those with slower computers.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 8:46 PM
This mod is a sight for sore eyes. There were times when I wanted to smother my sims for insisting on cleaning up after themselves on community lots. Interactions are interrupted and, well, the natural order of things reversed!
Therefore - Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 9:44 PM
WOW! Thanks.
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#24 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 5:05 AM
You're welcome, purepalooka and LERSIM.
Test Subject
#25 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 11:24 PM
Sophie-David I have fond out now that its actually not a problem with the NPC. its actually a problem with the books that it gets to read to the kids. its actually the books that get stuck in the greenhouse I don't know why this happens but it dose.

P.S. a gardener NPC would be great! Weeding is such a pain!
Page 1 of 4