Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Mrs. Liu's House of Ancestors

by Yogi-Tea Posted 18th Oct 2010 at 11:14 PM

15 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 2 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Inventor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 18th Oct 2010 at 11:42 PM
Thank you soooo much :lovestruc I remember this and i fell in love with it instantly Its so much better that the crappy vacation home i built for my sims
Instructor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 19th Oct 2010 at 12:01 AM
This is beautifully done, Yogi Tea, I adore the style and the lush gardens. Well done
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 19th Oct 2010 at 2:51 AM
awsome this looks great
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 19th Oct 2010 at 4:49 AM
I would love to have sims 3 only to install this WONDERFUL house
Inventor
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th Oct 2010 at 6:02 AM
Thank you so much for your lovely comments. :lovestruc I'm very happy that you like this house because it took me a while to decide what premium content is not important and which store items could be removed without ruining the whole look of the house. Foundation #3 had been my favourite fo build on.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#7 Old 19th Oct 2010 at 8:36 PM
Very idyllic place, well done
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 19th Oct 2010 at 10:09 PM
I got feelings for hollidays in japan. Thank you very much for your great work. It's on of the top downloads. :-D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 20th Oct 2010 at 12:35 AM
Fabulous house and beautifully landscaped I'm enjoying having this lot in my game - thank you :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 20th Oct 2010 at 3:45 PM
It´s really beautiful! Thanks.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 20th Oct 2010 at 7:26 PM
Stunning. This is so well done.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 20th Oct 2010 at 10:05 PM
I love your house! I bought all those items just so I could download it complete.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 21st Oct 2010 at 10:41 PM Last edited by Oldspook : 21st Oct 2010 at 11:17 PM.
This is by far the most beautiful house I've seen in Sims. I moved my 2 girl sims in and just let them go on their own. They made themselves right at home and spent a long time wandering around viewing all the sights.

I installed all the add-ons and found one glitch. The Advantageous Washstand was installed in the bathroom and it is not functional. With it there there was only one working sink in the house, the kitchen. I replaced it with a functional washstand and moved it to another location.

A strange thing happened, since the girls moved in, they both throw up periodically. It is not from bad food and since they're both female they cannot be pregnant. Could they be allergic to some of the flowers?
Inventor
Original Poster
#14 Old 22nd Oct 2010 at 7:46 AM
@Oldspook: Thank you for your lovely compliment. I knew that the Advantageous Washstand has no funktion - I found out about this when my sim playtested this house - but I think it's not that important for sims (unlike to human beings) to have a sink in the bathroom and so I kept it because of the look of it.
Btw: just in case you haven't already found out yourself, your sims also can not use the park benches next to the graves and the one at the fish pond because those objects are no real park benches but two "Shiny Things Metal Chair" moved together with moveobjects. Please replace those items too if you prefer to have them functional for your sims.
As for the "throw up" problem... I've never heard of any sims in Sims 3 to being allergic to plants. There's only one thing I can think of that is different to all my other lots: I used the "Floor Hygienator" for the doorsill to the bedroom, the lavatory and the little graveyard. Maybe the floor hygienator has a negativ effect on sims if they pass those doors too often? Try to remove them all and see what happens.

@all: thank you for taking the time to give feedback. It's highly appreciated. I'm glad that you all are enjoying this lot. :lovestruc
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 22nd Oct 2010 at 11:22 PM
I think your right about the floor hygienator, I read this on The Sims Wiki:
"The Floor Hygienator can be carried around in a Sim's inventory and placed almost anywhere, including under objects, under carpets and on community lots. It is recommended to place Floor Hygienators in places that Sims cross often or spend a lot of time in. However, there is a certain risk in this as Floor Hygienators that are not of the Masterful level can backfire and make Sims nauseous, causing them to vomit, as well as noticeably lowering their Hygiene."

I love the house so much that I'm reluctant to give it up. But, there was no place for my Sims to practice their favorite activities, so I am in the process of adding on a gym/dojo and a work house for their sculpting, painting and inventing. I am also thinking about an indoor swimming pool. Lucky I installed on a 60x60 lot so i have plenty of room.
Inventor
Original Poster
#16 Old 23rd Oct 2010 at 2:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Oldspook
"The Floor Hygienator can be carried around in a Sim's inventory and placed almost anywhere, including under objects, under carpets and on community lots. It is recommended to place Floor Hygienators in places that Sims cross often or spend a lot of time in. However, there is a certain risk in this as Floor Hygienators that are not of the Masterful level can backfire and make Sims nauseous, causing them to vomit, as well as noticeably lowering their Hygiene."
Ieww... If I had known that before I wouldn't have placed 3 of those hygienators in the house. Oh my! But it's good that you found out about this and so others can remove the hygienators from the house if they wish. Thank you. I wonder why my sim hasn't had any problems like that. It might has something to do with the sim's traits or condition?

If your sims are having problems with the 3 "Floor Hygienator" in the house, please remove them! They can be found at the doorsill to the bedroom, the lavatory and the graveyard (see pictures for exact locations)

Screenshots