Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sad Animations Hack

by NixNivis Posted 4th Nov 2010 at 7:39 PM - Updated 12th Dec 2010 at 3:32 PM by NixNivis

46 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 17 Feedback Posts, 28 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 8:44 PM
Thank you! This will help with story and movie making! :3
Mad Poster
#3 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 11:17 PM
Good idea, are these new animations as well as base game ones? Cos I hate how their mouthes look deformed when they cry . . . does this fix that at all?

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 11:22 PM
Great animation hack! Will definitely be used a lot :D

Digital, use the face poses from Decorgal's box. Those will cancel out most face animations, and you can also overlay them (normal over sad, for instance) to soften them up.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#5 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 1:39 AM
This was a fantastic idea, NixNivis! Thank you so much! I'm a story writer for sims 2 and this will be perfect!! I was wondering? Is there an animation for the console-er too? (sim "A" gets consoled while sim "B" is consoling the sad sim)
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#6 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 9:44 AM
This will add a lot to the game. Thanks for sharing. Keep up the good work.
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 9:54 AM Last edited by NixNivis : 5th Nov 2010 at 7:19 PM.
Thank you, everybody! Glad to be of service to my fellow storytellers.

DigitalSympathies: No, this hack uses in-game animations only, there are no new ones. But if you use the face overlays from Decorgal's custom modelling poses, like Simmer22 suggests, you can change/modify the facial expressions. Just make sure you do the facial expression before you run the crying animation, since the Sim won't do any other actions once the animation is running.

Simmer22: Thank you! I hope it will be useful for people other than me.

SparkleSim: Thanks! This all started when I needed a Sim to be sitting down and crying in a story of mine, but couldn't quite find the hack I needed. So I made one myself.

Well, there is an animation where Sim B is trying to console Sim A, but gets rejected and backs away quickly ("consoling - being rejected"), but I'm afraid there isn't a pose for Sim B when the consolation gets accepted (even though there is one for Sim A) - much to my frustration that animation refused to play properly, probably because two Sims should be interacting for it. I considered using a "cheering up" animation of some kind to replace it, but that just looked strange.

What you can do, though, if you're looking for a consoling screenshot, is start to run the "consoling - being rejected" animation, and then pause the game (or freeze the consoling Sim) before he/she backs off. At least you get the Sim reaching out with a properly consoling facial expression that way.

Telefen: Thank you! I hope it will be useful to my fellow players and wordweavers.
Space Pony
THANKS POST
#8 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 1:53 AM
Weird how I've never even seen most of these anims. Which is why I love having the ability to trigger ones that would normally only show up under X, Y, and Z circumstances. Will download as soon as I manage to transfer my game to this computer!
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 10:28 AM Last edited by NixNivis : 11th Nov 2010 at 12:02 PM.
Tymaporer, yeah, I've seen my Sims cry, sigh and wring their hands, but that was about it, so I was pleasantly surprised there were so many different versions of the animations. Made this even more fun to make!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 3:05 PM
Perfect for a sad machinima. Really thanx! You don't know how happy you make me!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 10th Nov 2010 at 2:54 PM
O.o wOW, This is wonderful, Nixnivis! I've hated having to kill off a Sim using the boolprop every time I want one of my Sims to look sad for a screenshot, fun as killing Raoul in a variety of ways is;P... This is absolutely perfect for my latest project (The ALW Christine wedding dress, by the bye) Looking forward to re-enacting the final lair scene using this wonderful hack!
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 11th Nov 2010 at 12:08 PM
ChantalNijsen, you're very welcome. I'm happy my sad box makes you happy!

haphazard_helena, even if killing off Raoul is indeed worthwhile, I'm happy to be of service. This all got started when I needed a poor Sim to cry, but didn't particularly feel like killing off her husband to get her to do it. Thus, hacks are born.

Ooh, Christine's wedding gown! I'm looking forward to that!

(BTW, if you want to keep your grouchy police Sims from smiling at inopportune moments, Decorgal's posebox with face overlays that's linked above is great for that! )
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 11th Nov 2010 at 8:24 PM
Been waiting along time for someone to create something like this.

Thanks.
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 14th Nov 2010 at 9:39 PM
jazcmx, you're welcome! I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who wants my Sims to cry.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#15 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 8:09 PM
Hi Nix. I downloaded a while back, but just dropped by to leave a comment of "THANKS" from the ultimate Posebox Downloading Queen.

BTW - After I upload the next Gwrych Barony lot (about 1 1/2 away), I shall finalize and upload the Blue Sector Walls for B5. The set is growing ever more massive, so I will start packaging and uploading them.
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 30th Nov 2010 at 11:01 PM
Thank you, Steph! I'm pleasantly surprised that so many people like to make their Sims cry. And I don't know what I'd do without poseboxes - tell darned boring stories, that's for sure. (Not that I'm sure they're all that interesting now. )

I'm looking forward to the Blue Sector walls so much, it's almost ridiculous. Right now, my Babylon 5 uses a bunch of your other walls, and they're of course brilliant, but it will be absolutely great to have actual B5 walls for it! No matter when you release them, it'll be like Christmas.
Test Subject
#17 Old 4th Jan 2011 at 4:25 PM
nice thanx i hope it works some good mods dont work on my sims :/ i think it would be awesome to have all of these animations :D
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 6th Jan 2011 at 7:14 PM Last edited by NixNivis : 12th Jan 2011 at 3:01 PM.
adamiszyn, thanks. Like I say in the post, I've tested this with several different game configurations without problems, and I also haven't got any reports that it doesn't work. So hopefully, you won't run into any problems, either - but if you do nevertheless, PM me.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 2:52 AM
What an interesting and innovative mod, I cannot wait to take it on board!
Thx :D
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
Original Poster
#20 Old 12th Jan 2011 at 3:17 PM
maximilian0083, thank you! I hope you and your Sims have fun with it - or that you do, at least.
Test Subject
#21 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 2:31 PM
awwwww i wish that it was for normal sims 2 because I am making something and I really need it......
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
Original Poster
#22 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 3:07 PM Last edited by NixNivis : 28th Feb 2011 at 6:00 PM.
mitzey97, I don't understand what you mean with "normal Sims 2." You can use this even if you only have the base game, you just won't be able to choose whether the game runs the loop or just plays the animation once. (This is because the base game doesn't understand multi-level sub menus - nothing I can do about it, I'm afraid.)
Test Subject
#23 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 3:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maximilian0083
What an interesting and innovative mod, I cannot wait to take it on board!
Thx :D

Same here! Could you perhaps make one so children can do that?
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
Original Poster
#24 Old 29th Mar 2011 at 3:39 PM
cat49, I'm considering it. Not all of the anims have a child version, though - but it's easy to make it so that those anims simply aren't an option for child Sims, so that's no problem.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 11th May 2011 at 10:13 PM
thx so much for making this!! and btw which section is in it? (ex.micanellous) or watev it is?
Page 1 of 2