Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Meet Coworkers Faster

by Chicken0895 Posted 27th Nov 2010 at 10:29 PM - Updated 17th Oct 2014 at 8:38 PM by Chicken0895

71 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 40 Feedback Posts, 30 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 27th Nov 2010 at 11:10 PM
It does take one hell of a long time to meet your coworkers which makes no sense with come careers. So I'd like to be the first to thank you for this mod.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 12:23 AM
Default Your Welcome
Quote: Originally posted by n8h@wk
It does take one hell of a long time to meet your coworkers which makes no sense with come careers. So I'd like to be the first to thank you for this mod.

No problem. Glad you are enjoying your sim's fixed social skills.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 12:27 AM
It would really make more sense if it was based on the sim's traits and the career in question. A shy sim working in Science who's cowokers are all loners should really take a lot longer to meet his coworkers than a charismatic, friendly sim working in Sports. But I guess the game just isn't set up like that. :P
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 2:00 AM
Hey Chicken0895,
This mod is awesome!
I'd also like to say this DOES work without Night Life.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 3:53 AM
I have all EPs except Late Night, and all SPs, and it works well. I had another mod like this, and this one is just as good, if not better. Thanks! :D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 4:02 AM Last edited by Chicken0895 : 29th Nov 2010 at 3:05 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by nogoman
Hey Chicken0895,
This mod is awesome!
I'd also like to say this DOES work without Night Life.

Quote: Originally posted by eclipse1982
I have all EPs except Late Night, and all SPs, and it works well. I had another mod like this, and this one is just as good, if not better. Thanks! :D

Ok guys, thanks for telling me. I'll update the description to say that it is, in fact, backwards compatible.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 4:12 AM
I don't suppose you could redo the "work hard" for the professional sports career, could ya? The person who created it has never updated it since December of last year and it totally screws up your game. But it's so frustrating because your athletes take forever to advance and if they are a workaholic/ambitious they get mad.

If you don't take requests then I'm sorry to bug ya! But thanks so much for this one--I had my person "meet co-workers" for a whole work week and they didn't meet ANYONE! Blurg!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 5:01 AM
Yeah the other mod works just fine though.

But I agree with tamileek.

Can you make a work hard for sports career? the other one conflicted with ambitions once it came out. it hid the education career.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 6:31 AM Last edited by Chicken0895 : 6th Dec 2010 at 6:55 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by tamileek
I don't suppose you could redo the "work hard" for the professional sports career, could ya? The person who created it has never updated it since December of last year and it totally screws up your game. But it's so frustrating because your athletes take forever to advance and if they are a workaholic/ambitious they get mad.

If you don't take requests then I'm sorry to bug ya! But thanks so much for this one--I had my person "meet co-workers" for a whole work week and they didn't meet ANYONE! Blurg!

I remember that mod, I used it too. I don't have a sim in that career right now and completely forgot about it. Good idea though, I'll take a look at it.

Edit: I have updated the mod, you can find it here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=427183.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 2:17 PM
Very good indeed
I see forward to only be 20 minutes about meeting someone, instead of 3 hours xD

Thank you for making this
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 7:38 PM
Office Hero Reward is the answer people.
Unless you don't like the Reward Systems.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 2:53 AM
Does this also work for kids and teens to meet fellow students? That's a feature I'd like to see.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 3:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bain
Does this also work for kids and teens to meet fellow students? That's a feature I'd like to see.

Yes it does

Common sense is one of nature's great ironies... It turns out common sense isn't so common.

Please see my new journal for news on my mods as well as requests.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 3:15 AM Last edited by Chicken0895 : 6th Dec 2010 at 6:57 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by tamileek

Ok guys, as per the new policy on broken mods by creators who have dropped off the face of the earth, I will be updating the mod which tamileeek is talking about.

It is now avalibe here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=427183

Common sense is one of nature's great ironies... It turns out common sense isn't so common.

Test Subject
#16 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 6:05 AM
I second the mod for school mates to be met faster as well
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 6:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SuperQBoi
I second the mod for school mates to be met faster as well

This mod does that too

Lab Assistant
#18 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 6:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gekko9
Office Hero Reward is the answer people.
Unless you don't like the Reward Systems.

all that does is let you become friends with them faster.

It doesn't work that well btw.
Test Subject
#19 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 6:51 PM Last edited by honey_bunny : 1st Dec 2010 at 7:51 PM.
Is this mod compatible with the latest update (6.1 I think)?

What are the three words guaranteed to humiliate men everywhere? 'Hold my purse.' - Greatest Quote Ever
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 6:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by honey_bunny
Is this mod compatible with the latest update (6.1 I think)?

Yes it does as the xml file it modifies has not changed.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 9:56 AM
This was much needed, thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 3rd Dec 2010 at 3:18 AM
Ohh, Well I need to Download Download Download.
I need more friends...
Charisma...
Thanks Again for correcting me.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 9th Feb 2011 at 8:53 PM
Thanks so much for sharing your ideas with the Sims world! 420 person to thank!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 19th Feb 2011 at 12:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lemnancy
Thanks so much for sharing your ideas with the Sims world! 420 person to thank!

You're very welcome, even though this was not my idea really. Butkowitz made the original mod but has since apparently dropped of the face of the earth.

Test Subject
#25 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 7:18 AM
Does it work with Generations?
Page 1 of 3