Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Level Numbers Added to Job Titles

by Phaenoh Posted 16th Mar 2011 at 4:02 AM - Updated 28th May 2017 at 4:26 PM by Phaenoh

124 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 49 Feedback Posts, 74 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 5
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 16th Mar 2011 at 4:15 AM
Thanks! this is very helpfull!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 16th Mar 2011 at 5:49 AM
This mod is a really nifty little thingy, ty very much.
However I have a suggestion:
Mb it should only be the level number, without the "lvl" part, because of the different languages?
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Mar 2011 at 6:03 AM
Its only available in English right now, but for the other languages (if requested) I had planned on just doing numbers.
Helptato
THANKS POST
#5 Old 16th Mar 2011 at 9:57 AM
Great idea, I get confused to what level my Sim's at too.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#6 Old 16th Mar 2011 at 11:05 AM
This is very helpful, thank you!
Inventor
THANKS POST
#7 Old 16th Mar 2011 at 11:42 AM
Thanks, it's very helpful.
Test Subject
#8 Old 16th Mar 2011 at 12:30 PM
Soooo helpful! Thanks!

I have nothing to declare but my genius

Oscar Wilde
Instructor
THANKS POST
#9 Old 16th Mar 2011 at 12:44 PM
What a super awesome add! Thanks, Phaenoh, for continuing to find ways to improve the game.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 16th Mar 2011 at 2:47 PM
This is really great. If I knew how to do this myself I would have done it already. But I have a question. Does it still work if the game is installed in another language than English?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 16th Mar 2011 at 2:47 PM
Great idea! I can really use this, thank you
Scholar
THANKS POST
#12 Old 16th Mar 2011 at 3:23 PM
This is brilliant, thank you very much!!
I often find myself in situations when I don't want my Sims to reach the top position=their LTW before they turn elders, so it's a pain in the a$$ to calculate either or not I can allow them to have a new friend or learn a missing skill at the moment in fear they reach the top level too soon.

Thank you
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 16th Mar 2011 at 4:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
Does it still work if the game is installed in another language than English?
It will work, however, currently it will change all your job titles and descriptions into english. Which language do you play in, and what is the proper word for 'level'? I am willing to do the translations for languages people actually use.

Thanks for the comments everyone! Love it!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 16th Mar 2011 at 5:08 PM
i would like to say..."Phaenoh, I luv u!!!" its an excelent job wit wat u've come up wit...I was waiting 4 sumthing lyk dis for years now...TQ TQ TQ...
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 16th Mar 2011 at 5:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
It will work, however, currently it will change all your job titles and descriptions into english. Which language do you play in, and what is the proper word for 'level'? I am willing to do the translations for languages people actually use.

Thanks for the comments everyone! Love it!

I play in Dutch. The Dutch word for 'level' is 'level'. It's the same in Dutch as in English. Also the abbreviation 'lvl' is the same in Dutch. (Not much work to translate I guess :p)

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#16 Old 16th Mar 2011 at 6:07 PM
Awesome idea Phaenoh! This is definitely one of those mods I never knew I need it yet will end up being unable to play without :-D Very useful, thank you! :-)

(Now I just need to get my game working again... Oh, and get my laptop fixed :-()
retired moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 16th Mar 2011 at 7:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
It's the same in Dutch as in English. (Not much work to translate I guess :p)
You wouldn't think so except for the fact that there are close to 25 different careers that each need 20 strings edited (male and female are different) and another 25 that need about 10 edits each (short teen/elder/pet tracks) so that's actually 750 edits. It's easy enough, but its busy work. On top of that there are 20 different languages I could translate it into, making that 15,000 edits. That's why I'm waiting to hear which languages would actually be used, if I have people wanting their language I'm happy to oblige, but how many MTS users use Traditional Chinese or Hindi?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#18 Old 16th Mar 2011 at 7:46 PM
Thanks for this, it will be useful as I usually lose track of it too.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#19 Old 16th Mar 2011 at 10:19 PM
Thank you so much! This is really useful, as I don't want to look up which level is which all the time while playing. :D
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#20 Old 16th Mar 2011 at 11:18 PM
I never even knew that I needed it... but now I'm sure I can't live without it!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#21 Old 17th Mar 2011 at 1:20 AM
I see great usefulness in this. Thanks Phae!
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#22 Old 17th Mar 2011 at 3:00 AM
What a great mod! However, I play my game in Swedish and prefer to keep it that way (it would bug my socks off to have the job descriptions pop up in a different language ), so I won't be downloading at this time. I will happily do so if I you do a translation, though - and I know there are a fair number of other Swedes here, too, so I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one to appreciate it.

The Swedish word for level is "nivå". (Just in case your browser doesn't do our strange umlauts, the last letter is what you get with å or Alt+0229). You can type "niv." in a crunch, though.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 17th Mar 2011 at 12:10 PM
Thank you for this, Phaenoh! I play the game in Russian so it would be great if you did a russian translation too. The russian for "level" is "уровень" or "ур." in abbreviation.
Instructor
#24 Old 17th Mar 2011 at 12:51 PM
I downloaded it without reading because I thought it very smart. It is a hell of work to change descriptions. Would you please make a set for norwegian? The word "level" in norwegian is "nivå". Thanks.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 17th Mar 2011 at 1:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NixNivis
What a great mod! However, I play my game in Swedish and prefer to keep it that way (it would bug my socks off to have the job descriptions pop up in a different language ), so I won't be downloading at this time. I will happily do so if I you do a translation, though - and I know there are a fair number of other Swedes here, too, so I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one to appreciate it.

The Swedish word for level is "nivå". (Just in case your browser doesn't do our strange umlauts, the last letter is what you get with å or Alt+0229). You can type "niv." in a crunch, though.

Yes would love this in swedish. Will download now since my game has a lot of stuff in english anyway. (lots and lots of mods) But will redownload if a swedish version pops up
Page 1 of 5