Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Apr 2011 at 4:00 AM Last edited by Arglaar : 30th Apr 2011 at 4:28 AM.
Default TSM Foreign Relations - Better Patrols *Updated*
I got tired of my loyalty slipping on my annexed territories with no good way to get it back, so I whipped up this little mod.

What this does is modify the LoyaltyChange gained for each type of Patrol from 5 to 50.

Loyalty ranges from -100 to 100 so if you are very negative, you can use this to put you back in the positive pretty quickly, or if you are already positive, you can use this to quickly get you the Max Loyalty achievement.

*UPDATE2* As reported by SinisterSim below this appears to still be working with the new patch.

*UPDATE*
As requested, I added some ranges to the file.

10, 25, 50, 100, 150, 200, and for those who wish to send their Kingdom into rebellion a -200 option.

I also changed the time it takes to patrol from 1-2 hours to be a flat 1 hour, allowing your Sim to get on with their life.

Ranges are in the name of the file, just install the one you want to use, leaving the others out.

*EDIT* I didn't test all of the files, since it was just a bunch of copy/paste/value changes, so if someone finds one that's not working properly, let me know and I'll fix it, however, they should all be working just fine.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  BetterPatrols-v2.rar (28.8 KB, 7930 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 23rd Apr 2011 at 4:28 AM
thanks! This is really awesome. I hated having to feel like I needed to patrol constantly when I was on my Monarch, Knight, or Spy.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 23rd Apr 2011 at 5:06 AM
Oooh...nice....
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 10:54 PM
Just want to say thanks again. I just finished annexing all the territories so having this mod is a godsend with trying to keep them all loyal!
Test Subject
#5 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 3:32 AM
Thank you very much for this awesome mod. You solved a big problem for me.
Test Subject
#6 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 2:48 PM
Thank you for sharing!
Test Subject
#7 Old 26th Apr 2011 at 12:48 AM
This is great, but maybe you could make a few less extreme variations? eg. one with 25 instead of 50.
Test Subject
#8 Old 26th Apr 2011 at 1:44 PM
Thanks! This is great, though I'd second a polite request for something like +20 or 25 instead of 50
Test Subject
#9 Old 26th Apr 2011 at 5:19 PM
Great mod, Thanks for sharing it with us
Field Researcher
#10 Old 26th Apr 2011 at 8:58 PM
Thank you. I'm currently playing a Kingdom with all the territories annexed and it has really been stressing me out!

~~like a dirty dog
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 28th Apr 2011 at 7:43 AM
I've been kinda out of it lately so I didn't get to see your replies till now.

Thanks for the kind words.

If I get a chance tomorrow, I'll make some variations on the amount for people who don't want it so extreme, and also for those that want to take it all the way to the top in one trip.
Theorist
#12 Old 28th Apr 2011 at 4:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arglaar
If I get a chance tomorrow, I'll make some variations on the amount for people who don't want it so extreme, and also for those that want to take it all the way to the top in one trip.
Wonderful! Thank you.
Test Subject
#13 Old 28th Apr 2011 at 5:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arglaar
I've been kinda out of it lately so I didn't get to see your replies till now.

Thanks for the kind words.

Thank you so much, I've been playing with the current version and am actually loving it! For me it's the best mod so far
Test Subject
#14 Old 29th Apr 2011 at 4:47 PM
Is this updated for 1.3? Nothing is stated in the OP if it has been.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 29th Apr 2011 at 5:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SinisterSim
Is this updated for 1.3? Nothing is stated in the OP if it has been.

I haven't had a chance to even download the patch yet to see if anything has changed that needs to be updated.

If anyone gets a chance to test it before I get home (At work now), and could report back whether it's still working, that would be great.
Test Subject
#16 Old 29th Apr 2011 at 7:19 PM
I just downloaded it and used the 25 version and it worked fine with patch 1.3.
Had a big jump in loyalty and it only took an hour to patrol.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 29th Apr 2011 at 10:34 PM
I hit the love button already, so I was unable to hit the love button again.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 4th May 2011 at 3:13 PM
Excellent mod. Thanks!

. . . because sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hang onto.
Test Subject
#19 Old 7th May 2011 at 5:32 AM
Thanks so much
Test Subject
#20 Old 13th May 2011 at 9:38 AM
Is installation of the mod the same as it is for Sims 3? How do I use it?
Test Subject
#21 Old 13th May 2011 at 10:44 PM
The 2nd sticky thread has a complete tutorial on how to use mods for TSM
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=438344
Forum Resident
#22 Old 24th May 2011 at 4:33 AM
I just spent half my play time last night going out on patrols to just get my territories out of the red zone..............This is wonderful! BIG KISSES!
Test Subject
#23 Old 30th May 2011 at 9:17 PM
Never mind I reread the text again a few times over and got it.
Test Subject
#24 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 12:44 AM
Thank you so much for this. My problems... at least one of them... are behind me
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 4:35 PM
Ah- found the thread again. I was beginning to think I imagined it. I will download and try this later. Thanks so much!

Yes it is the clothes that makes the Sim
Page 1 of 3