Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

River's Bend

by Nepheris Posted 2nd May 2011 at 5:52 PM

27 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 2 Feedback Posts, 24 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Theorist
THANKS POST
#2 Old 2nd May 2011 at 6:53 PM
It looks fantastic and great for building too, thank you for sharing!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 2nd May 2011 at 7:19 PM
It looks so idyllic and calm - just wonderful!
Thanks for sharing of course!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 2nd May 2011 at 9:48 PM
it looks really peaceful, i already love it!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 3rd May 2011 at 12:32 AM
Nice! downloading now...
Test Subject
#6 Old 3rd May 2011 at 4:25 AM
Really nice map! Thanks! Downloading as soon as I get to my PC :D
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 3rd May 2011 at 5:23 AM
This is actually very nice. It's hard for me to find nice-looking neighborhoods. I will definitely download and use this. I added it to my favorite downloads list. Thank you tons for this!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 3rd May 2011 at 10:14 AM
That does look really natural and pretty! Thanks!
transmogrified
retired moderator THANKS POST
#9 Old 5th May 2011 at 9:03 AM
I don't use a camera hack, so for anyone who is curious: without a hack, you can't really see the gorgeous riverbend effect from the convex side of the river (as pictured in the overview), but you can see it from the concave side and you do have access to 99% of the buildable area.

It's a beautiful layout, Nepheris. It's definitely the terrain for my next custom neighborhood. Thank you for sharing.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#10 Old 5th May 2011 at 2:43 PM
Awesome maps like this one always encourage me to start a new neighbourhood just to use a map
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 5th May 2011 at 9:17 PM
i love how you did the map its so beautiful thanks for sharing
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 6th May 2011 at 4:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mangaroo
I don't use a camera hack, so for anyone who is curious: without a hack, you can't really see the gorgeous riverbend effect from the convex side of the river (as pictured in the overview), but you can see it from the concave side and you do have access to 99% of the buildable area.

Thanks for verifying that! Glad you like the map

Yet Another Bloody Sims Blog - A BaCC Journal
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 6th May 2011 at 10:35 PM
Is there any space for beach lots? I can't tell just from looking if the river is close enough to the road or not.

It looks awesome, though, and I'm happily downloading it as I type! :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 7th May 2011 at 8:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Naomijameston
Is there any space for beach lots? I can't tell just from looking if the river is close enough to the road or not.

It looks awesome, though, and I'm happily downloading it as I type! :D

The terrain wasn't built with beach lots in mind, and I haven't tested whether you can shimmy any in there. But give it a go I'd say, there's ways to edit the terrain with modifyneighborhoodterrain on so that you can place beach lots as well.

Yet Another Bloody Sims Blog - A BaCC Journal
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 7th May 2011 at 5:14 PM
WOW! It's really good! I tried to make one, but couldn't!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 17th May 2011 at 1:03 AM
How do you get the world to show with all the trees/rocks/neighborhood details?

Great world! I'm considering doing your version of the BaCC challenge aswell ^-^
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 2:48 AM
i love it right now im working on the hood deco, love the fact that it has the mountain,river and perfect for my urban flats..thanks for sharing it <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 11:10 AM
Very nice work, thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 1:35 PM
This is a very sweet hood, cant wait to use it! (:
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 28th Oct 2011 at 8:14 PM
It's loverly; I'm especially fond of the flatness. My goodness, but the wonky lot lines can wreck the playability of any neighbourhood, no matter how pretty, for me in fifteen minutes of cussing and reloading. Rinse, and repeat.

... That said, and because I'm a self-contradictory beastie if nothing else: any danger of getting beach lots on the few lots backing out onto the water? I understand you're a busy, busy person, but I'd feel even a bigger idiot for not asking.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 18th Dec 2011 at 5:29 PM
Very beautiful, this is just what I've been needing! Thank you--great job! :lovestruc :D
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#22 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 7:35 PM
A little late but anywho this is gorgeous and I may try making my first ever custom hood :O thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 2:54 PM Last edited by moonlightacid : 28th Feb 2012 at 11:08 AM.
It's awesome, thanks for sharing! But I actually have a question - how do you make photos of neighborhoods? I mean - do you use any camera mod, or something?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 7th Apr 2012 at 1:33 PM
Absolutely beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 9th May 2012 at 1:18 PM
Thanks for sharing! ^^
This is the very first new neighbourhood I'm downloading, and I think I'll use it a lot :3 Thanks again, beautiful work ^^
Page 1 of 2