Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Shingle All the Way!

by iCad Posted 15th May 2011 at 11:43 AM

26 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1 Feedback Posts, 24 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#2 Old 15th May 2011 at 1:51 PM
Oh YAY! These are beautiful - thank you!
Test Subject
#3 Old 15th May 2011 at 4:56 PM
Oh my gosh these are perfect, thanks so much!
Theorist
THANKS POST
#4 Old 15th May 2011 at 6:03 PM
Love them! Thanks for taking the time to put these together to share.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 15th May 2011 at 8:22 PM
Thank you so much! These are very much wanted by my thatchers.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 15th May 2011 at 8:52 PM
Last night, I was building and looking at the shingle bells sidings and thinking I need more realistic shingles for my chalet bungalows and ta da! here they are. It's cosmic ordering at work or you being totally awesome, and I favour the second option.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 16th May 2011 at 1:19 PM
Yippee! And I don't casually throw that word around, I'm really happy about these and all your 20 woods sets - thank you :D
Instructor
THANKS POST
#8 Old 16th May 2011 at 3:13 PM
iCad, thanks for sharing. I know these will come in handy! They are beautiful
Scholar
THANKS POST
#9 Old 16th May 2011 at 3:52 PM
Thanks.
That so needed to be done.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#10 Old 16th May 2011 at 8:05 PM
Greetings iCad,

THANK YOU, so very much for these - I did not mind the wait at all. You are a total genius - I knew they would be beautiful!!!

Debra
Inventor
THANKS POST
#11 Old 16th May 2011 at 9:55 PM
Thanks a lot for these! I like combining rustic wood and stone in my medieval-ish hood when building my houses. These will really allow me to have a more coordinated look throughout my hood.

I tend to start out with the maxis options when I don't have the cc I need to enable the look I'm hoping for. Unfortunately, this means I have a few lots that just don't look right. With this download, they finally will, because I can spend this week doing makeovers. Yeah!

Also, I really really really appreciate your clearly named files. While I love having choices, having the option to keep only the colors I know I will use makes it much easier to get a lot of use out of these. Lately, I just delete more walls and floors than I keep because I don't want to go through all the trouble of figuring out which files with names like "wall_aasoj997609768dfh9sd.package" to weed out.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 16th May 2011 at 11:44 PM
As always your works is fantastic! Now would you consider doing some Sims 3 cc? The thing I don't like about Sims 3 is the colors are muddy and gray. Nothing vibrant. You know what you are doing certainly! Thank you for your creativity!
Undead Molten Llama
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#13 Old 17th May 2011 at 7:02 PM
@ HeartDeco: I'm so glad that you like them, since you're the one who originally needed them! But in fact, I should thank you. I always had a problem remembering that that wall existed and, when I did remember its existence, its color just didn't do it for me. That alone should have prompted me to add color options, like I did for the wood floors. But...it didn't for some reason. So, if you hadn't requested it, I likely never would have made it.

@chesirekat: Yeah, I imagine these would be quite useful for medieval/fantasy settings and other "rustic" kinds of settings in general. And they do look very nice in combination with stone/brick exteriors. I'm planning on using them for some hermit cottages in my monastery, myself. I'm glad that these will make your 'hood look more cohesive. That's always a plus.

And your dilemma is exactly the reason why I take the time to rename all my wall (and floor) files after I create them in Homecrafter, which is responsible for the incomprehensible file names. I also get enormously frustrated with such file names, so I make sure that my own are clearly named, both for my own benefit and for the benefit of people who might download them. It's an extra step, but it's so worth it, IMO. (Of course, I could just create them in SimPE to begin with, since SimPE gives you file name control...but I just find Homecrater's interface easier to use for walls and floors, so...yeah. Renaming. Lots and LOTS of renaming. )

@jrb2037: Unfortunately my laptop, which is my only computer, won't run TS3, at least not for long, because of video card compatibility issues. I tried it out shortly after TS3 came out, but a) it looked realllllllllly crappy and b) it crashed often. Sometimes it'd run for an hour, but sometimes it would only run for 5 minutes. So, no TS3 creating for me, I'm afraid. I probably would make stuff if I could, but...yeah.

@ Everyone else: As always, it makes me happy when someone finds something that I make useful, so thank you all for making me happy.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 17th May 2011 at 10:31 PM
Pure joy radiates from these. I especially like your recolors because they don't look out of place at all like many of the other ones you find on other sites do. Thank you for sharing your work.

(BTW, ever thought of making recolors for the roofs?)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#15 Old 18th May 2011 at 5:21 AM
Thank you! I always liked this siding but never got around to recoloring it ... it just slipped my mind. Repeatedly, I guess! :p
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 18th May 2011 at 10:43 AM
Absolutely lovely work!

Sim Fans UK - Free downloads, tutorials, game help and chat!

I'm selling my vBulletin 4 suite - please contact me if you are interested in buying it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 31st May 2011 at 9:22 AM
Halleluja! I love it....thank you!!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#18 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 9:32 PM
Ohh. How come I haven't seen these before? I'm so tempted to load up TS2! UGH.
Captain Louie
retired moderator THANKS POST
#19 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 1:50 AM
Oh wow! These are perfect! I have been meaning to make some TS2 lots lately; Perhaps these are just the motivation I need!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 11:49 PM
These are fantastic, I've been looking for some good proper shingle walls for ages. Thank you :D
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#21 Old 9th Aug 2011 at 3:28 AM
Yippee! Just what I wanted!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 2nd Sep 2011 at 6:16 PM
I know it says not to post purely "Thanks" type posts but I've been looking for this type of wall covering thank you so much! :D
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#23 Old 4th Feb 2012 at 2:37 AM
Another must-have of yours. Thanks!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#24 Old 3rd May 2012 at 10:18 PM
As always, you come out with the most gorgeous walls. I love these shingles!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 1st Nov 2013 at 4:53 AM
This is so cool! Now my houses will have that rustic feel to them and I can make my neighborhoods versatile.
Page 1 of 2