Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
#51 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 9:34 PM
It happened today. I told my Sims to jam with his band: *takes the guitar, gets out of the garage, runs 3 times around the house, stands in front of the garage door -which was closed- and plays guitar* he didn't played for even 3 Simutes (minutes).

Short and exact: My Sim ran for 2 Simhours around the house to play 3 Simutes.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#52 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 4:11 AM
Playing catch...

*there's no space to play catch here*

hmm.. there's a little place I like to call OUTSIDE!!!

Mixologists walking away from the bar to watch the pianist.. It's a pretty small room, love. It'll probably sound the same from behind the bar. I think if the mixologist is in the building the options to order from a tended bar should be available, whether they're behind it or not.. so they get a prompt to come back.

I'm quite disappointed at how long two sims take to watch the stars.. about 10 seconds of our time. You should be able to leave them there, the should be able to talk and have conversations about life, the universe and everything... and makeout..

Go suck an elf...
Test Subject
#53 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 8:46 AM
My single Sim was doing a quest in China and when she finished and submitted the quest, she started hitting on the person she submitted the quest to. (who was an old man) I couldn't stand it. This old fart was going to be her first love?! I angrily CTRL'd the "First Love" moodlit and restarted from an old save. Ugh. lol

I don't mean to offend people who like dating older OLDER men but... there's a limit. Seriously.
Forum Resident
#54 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 1:03 PM
^^ I know, as bad as it sounds I wish there was some sort of discrimination in TS3 like in TS2 at least, so that you don't get sims flirting with SO the wrong sims.

Go suck an elf...
Theorist
#55 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 2:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pluupy
My single Sim was doing a quest in China and when she finished and submitted the quest, she started hitting on the person she submitted the quest to. (who was an old man) I couldn't stand it. This old fart was going to be her first love?! I angrily CTRL'd the "First Love" moodlit and restarted from an old save. Ugh. lol

I don't mean to offend people who like dating older OLDER men but... there's a limit. Seriously.

I get this totally. All my CAS sims aren't allowed to be anything but friends with NPC/Townies because this Sim Goddess has plans for each of them Although some of them slips thru the cracks and goes and gets hooked up with those NPC/Townies. If I can reload, I do, if not, I either 1) move out the NPC/Townie, 2) cheat with TCE and make sure they're enemies, 3) trigger age transition and have them die from old age. :D
Scholar
#56 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 4:10 PM
I have one particular YA girl that is really cute and childish, she looks really like a teenager, and she lives with three adult brothers and they keep wanting to woohoo with her. PERVERT PEEPS IN MY TOWN GTFO NAO
Test Subject
#57 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 5:45 PM
One word: Sprinklers.

Seriously, the first time it was cute, but you're not taking care of your basic needs because of a SPRINKLER! Get a grip Simmies, sort your lives out!

Hungry Sims making a plate of food, putting it on the counter then leaving. Erm, you're HUNGRY, the cure for this is eating!
Mad Poster
#58 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 9:44 PM
I've had the DERPY DERP I WILL NOT JAM THE WAY YOU WANT ME TO HAH thing before too. I had three Sims happily jamming away in their garage and the forth member of the band obviously decided to be a dick (well he *does* have the evil trait...!) and strut across into a bedroom. To play his bass. On the other side of the house. Hurrrrr.

My ghostbusting Sim made me headdesk a bit earlier today as well. She had found a poltergeist to take care of before I'd even seen it, so she started to go to the elevator to head outside of the apartment building and zap the bench Mr Geistypants was lingering in. Then she gets distracted. Because the person who lived in the house decided to have a chit chat *thumbs up*. Yeah, not like she's got anything better to do - like save your frigging house, O Smart One!

Then in another lot, my ghostbuster decided to change into her formal wear. She must've gone past an exclusive club or something, because she randomly decided FUCK THIS SHIT I'MA BE A PRINCESS and changed.

Maybe she was trying to impress the poltegeists?
Test Subject
#59 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 8:43 AM
To add to my post about sprinklers.

Trampolines. Bouncy, bouncy, bounce bounce, they'd do it all day if I let them. I swear, Sims are like moths when it comes to certain objects. Their needs are in the red but, wait, "there's a TRAMPOLINE & A SPRINKLER on this lot! I must bounce! Then run round in the sprinkler. Then repeat." Seriously, I agree with whoever said AI can me Artificial Idiocy in this game...
Inventor
#60 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 9:47 AM
Mine descided that the salad bowl stuck to her hand wasnt funny anymore and now wants her nectar bottles. Another house descided it was their birthday and all autoaged with ageing turned off. The third thought it would be funny to invite a theif to come live in the house because obviously the Entertainment gate was too limiting to her social life.

The last descided her second cousin was acceptable as a date. Today was not a good day, but the house that I loaded at the Exchange was not my creation, I only loaded the house with the family to stop the incest code. It had Jude Goth-Bacon, Keely Crumplebottom, and Bryce Crumplebottom. Bryce is Gunthers Son, Jude is Mortimer Goth and Trinity Bacon, and Keely is Agness Crumplebottoms great grand daughter. They had done that before the house landed, the house was an attempted patch. I can take it out of the Exchange but I needed Maxis to see it because I dont want story line doing this. To anyone. The previous house was a foundation challenge. One I didnt submit, just built after the challenge was over.

Some people have a Guardian Angel, you know a little guy sitting on your shoulder that tells you right from wrong, but mine is an Idiot.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#61 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 10:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pluupy
It makes sense to me. Older males have had more lifespan in which to accumulate resources, and less time in which to use them. This means they tend to die quickly, and if done right, you get to keep it. Plus, they have a proven and assessable track record for success, something a younger male would lack. For all you know he could turn out to be some useless deadbeat, and be that much harder to dispose of because people get all whiny when you kill them and eat them now. As such their only selling point, the tenderness and freshness of the meat, can't be easily applied. As such, since you cannot count on them to put food on the table by being EDIBLE, you have to go with the money.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Inventor
#62 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 7:50 AM
I think a picture is worth 1000 words. Is the Daddy looking for daycare or did he get tired of tending and tried to pass off?

Some people have a Guardian Angel, you know a little guy sitting on your shoulder that tells you right from wrong, but mine is an Idiot.
Mad Poster
#63 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 8:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kestie Freehawk
I think a picture is worth 1000 words. Is the Daddy looking for daycare or did he get tired of tending and tried to pass off?

I hate it when the toddlers start crying in public, every Sim within a 10 mile radius can here it. That's like the whole entire town going into a bad mood because your Sim's toddler decided to go in their invisible diaper.
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 10:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CleoSombra
There is some major routing fail going on in my house. The nursery is something like 5 x 5 tiles. It contains a crib, a toilet seat, a teddy bear, and a trash can. Plenty of room for movement.

BUT, half the time I want the parent to do something while they're in the room with the baby/toddler, they'll walk out of the room and down the stairs. toddler follows them to the stairs, promptly blocking their access, so they just stand in the middle of the living room on the floor below until I cancel the action.

Yeah this is annoying try instead of going straight to the main interaction use the "pick up" child up first or make sure the parent is standing right infront of the toddler for "feed on floor"
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 12:13 PM
Or when you can't take care of that child because you don't know the Sim family well enough - so the poor tot is screaming and crying with the hunger bubble (or energy, or stinky....) and the stupid parents stand around like morons and your Sim would gladly put down their perfectly well-behaved, clean and fed (ahem) toddler and help out. BUT YOU CANT! GAH. Someone call CPS!
Alchemist
#66 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 1:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
It makes sense to me. Older males have had more lifespan in which to accumulate resources, and less time in which to use them. This means they tend to die quickly, and if done right, you get to keep it. Plus, they have a proven and assessable track record for success, something a younger male would lack. For all you know he could turn out to be some useless deadbeat, and be that much harder to dispose of because people get all whiny when you kill them and eat them now. As such their only selling point, the tenderness and freshness of the meat, can't be easily applied. As such, since you cannot count on them to put food on the table by being EDIBLE, you have to go with the money.

i know, right. |: the world needs to man up and take it like a sandwich.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Test Subject
#67 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 11:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
...people get all whiny when you kill them and eat them now. As such their only selling point, the tenderness and freshness of the meat, can't be easily applied. As such, since you cannot count on them to put food on the table by being EDIBLE, you have to go with the money.

TS3: Soylent Green...
I'd be the first in line for that EP.

"The ice is near, the solitude is terrible."
Test Subject
#68 Old 10th Jun 2011 at 11:00 PM
My sim's father has a really annoying habit of going into his daughters room at stupid o'clock in the morning and turning the stereo on and dancing around. WTF? There are three other working stereos in the house, in rooms where no sims are trying to sleep, why not use one of them instead? Also it's 3am and your daughter has school the next day! She does not want to wake up to find you dancing in your underwear every night. I know he has the inappropriate trait but that's taking things to a whole new level....

I also hate when your sim's baby/toddler starts crying because it has a dirty nappy, and some stupid sim comes along and tosses it in the air then puts it back in the crib again as if that's going to stop it crying.
Then the baby is still crying because it's nappy still needs changing, so the sim picks it up again and tosses it in the air again! Seriously how hard is it to work out that the baby needs changing, especially when you have a negative moodlet complaining about the smell!
Field Researcher
#69 Old 10th Jun 2011 at 11:18 PM
I can't stand it when ONE BABY CRIES and everybody's IMMEDIATE thought bubble is that the baby is crying. And the mom is carrying the brat, so my sim can't even just feed or change the damn thing to shut it up! Or when everybody stops and stares at the Sim playing the guitar, neglecting hygiene and hunger to watch and tip.

Life Stage: Teen Traits: Hopeless Romantic, Computer Whiz, Couch Potato, Shy Partner: Ted
School: High School Career: Writing; Fan Fiction Drafter Miscellaneous: Rich; Scorpio
Top Secret Researcher
#70 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 3:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SpookyOkyBatGirl
I can't stand it when ONE BABY CRIES and everybody's IMMEDIATE thought bubble is that the baby is crying. And the mom is carrying the brat, so my sim can't even just feed or change the damn thing to shut it up!

Very true and annoying in game. But, not only in the game. When I hear a baby start up, no matter how I might try to think of something else, I find it near impossible to swat that "crying baby" thought bubble from over my head.
Instructor
#71 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 4:03 AM
I hate the incest ones. Sims rolling the want to skinny dip with various innapropriate people, or when my sim's boyfriend flirts with the recently aged up child of his partner. While technically not incest, still creepy nonetheless.
Field Researcher
#72 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 4:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsLover50
I hate the incest ones. Sims rolling the want to skinny dip with various innapropriate people, or when my sim's boyfriend flirts with the recently aged up child of his partner. While technically not incest, still creepy nonetheless.

I had a creepy glitch where a Sim wanted to woohoo with his little sister. Especially creepy because she was still a child.

Life Stage: Teen Traits: Hopeless Romantic, Computer Whiz, Couch Potato, Shy Partner: Ted
School: High School Career: Writing; Fan Fiction Drafter Miscellaneous: Rich; Scorpio
Test Subject
#73 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 2:44 PM
My sim would take his motorcycle to work and then take a cab back home. It would make a lot more sense if it was raining, but it was a perfectly sunny day out. Maybe I should've made him take the day off and go to the beach. Wait maybe that's why he took the cab back home, going to the beach too often probably fried his bain...
Instructor
#74 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 3:25 PM
I currently hate that my sims children obsess over their IF's to the point that they neglect basic hygiene and bladder needs. Enough already! That's downright creepy!
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 1:08 AM
So, I am currently playing a lesbian couple. They have two children (so far), a baby and a toddler. One of the moms, Tara, is a writer. I had her call the babysitter, intending for the babysitter to be home with the baby and Tara take the toddler with her to the park so the little girl could play while Mama wrote.

Instead, as I told Tara to STROLL her daughter to the park, she drops the kid on the ground and tries to bolt. Sigh.
Page 3 of 321